Is shipping internationaly safe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, but that amount of automatic insurance was nowhere close
to covering the value of the item that I shipped. Not sure I
understand the comment about mail fraud - are you accusing me
of something?

I'd be careful. I sold an item to an overseas buyer, received the paypal payment and shipped the item with a tracking number. A week later, the buyer reported to paypal that the box I sent was empty and notified his credit card company that his credit card had been stolen (his purchase of my item being the fraudulent charge). In the end, paypal reversed the payment and I got ^^^^ed. All they would suggest is that I contact the buyer and ask him to ship the item back. He ignored my requests and with sellers unable to leave feedback, I got double^^^^ed and he was left free to continue his scam. :(

That isn't indicitive of the dangers of selling internationally mate. You could of got screwed just the same by someone in your own backyard. Shipping abroad is safe as houses as long as you send it with the appropriate tracking info. Insurance is optional depending on the value if the item IMO

Sure, but that amount of automatic insurance was nowhere close
to covering the value of the item that I shipped. Not sure I
understand the comment about mail fraud - are you accusing me
of something?

I am not accusing you of anything, but when you mark something as a "gift" usually at the buyer's request it is actually mail fraud (read the print on the custom's form) and you leave yourself open to the missing coverage in the case that something goes wrong with delivery. Except for cases where the package is too large to ship EMS I always use it, it is just too risky otherwise.

i am an international buyer so if you want listen to me please.do not avoid ebay,tell him to pay you in ebay via pay pal.send the item via air and with tracking and full insurance.the buyer pays all the custom/import fees ,you have nothing to do with the custom fees.also,tell the buyer if you are able for return or not,in order to be sure.ask for a telephone number to contact him if any problems occure.the telephone number must be a legit one..also,if the payment is not in your account in about 3-4 days,i should say you have to procceed with some attention.check also if he is a board member..:D

You're more likely to get screwed shipping internationally than you are domestically, but you can avoid problems by sticking with high feedback buyers who seem reliable (and not suspicious) in their communications. Especially if they're willing to pay for trackable methods with full insurance.

That doesn't mean you won't potentially be screwed, it just helps. I personally do ship statues internationally because as a Canadian, I feel the pain of my international brothers who often can't have statues shipped to them.

If it's anything more than a $20 item, I won't ship international unless you are a good good friend.

You're more likely to get screwed shipping internationally than you are domestically, but you can avoid problems by sticking with high feedback buyers who seem reliable (and not suspicious) in their communications. Especially if they're willing to pay for trackable methods with full insurance.

That doesn't mean you won't potentially be screwed, it just helps. I personally do ship statues internationally because as a Canadian, I feel the pain of my international brothers who often can't have statues shipped to them.

yeah,that's a very big and sad problem for us(i mean international buyers)..we cannot find ,especially on ebay,sellers who ship international..

Back