Is it wrong to own Captain America PF without Red Skull PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it wrong to own Captain America PF without Red Skull PF?

• Total voters
Is it wrong to eat Jelly without Peanut Butter? Fries without a Hamburger? No offense but this is the silliest question I've read in a while. Each piece is made to standalone with accompaniment possibilities but the fact of the matter is why wouldn't be okay? There are a ton of folks who are only heroes buyers and some who are only villains oriented and of course some of us crazys who want it all..... I'm failing to see the logical dilemma.

I'm actually the opposite...decided to keep my Red Skull without Captain America. Just listed Cap on ebay tonight. He is an awesome statue but the more I look at my display the more he sticks out like a sore thumb....the only hero mixed in with bad guys and monsters.

No offense taken. I think it's a valid question of mine. As a collector, it's nice to know other collector's opinion about what matches together or what not. We all have different taste and style in life. In my opinion, it's taste better to eat jelly with peanut brother, but others might think it's a sin to have both together. I'm just seeing what's the consensus...

Based on the voting, the consensus seems to favor Captain America PF being alone by itself is okay in their book.

Is it wrong to eat Jelly without Peanut Butter? Fries without a Hamburger? No offense but this is the silliest question I've read in a while. Each piece is made to standalone with accompaniment possibilities but the fact of the matter is why wouldn't be okay? There are a ton of folks who are only heroes buyers and some who are only villains oriented and of course some of us crazys who want it all..... I'm failing to see the logical dilemma.

Does God need Lucifer?
I for one always need a villan to go with the Hero.
But, I don't allways need a Hero to go with the Villan. Hmm...I just like evil things.:)

I don't know. I think Red Skull will look good beside Doom in a "bad guys" corner of the Marvel PF line. The problem is of course getting a Doom PF (what with its current price). But that is my plan - to have a Marvel PF line for the heroes (Cap, Thor, Hulk), and for the baddies (Doom, Red Skull).

I'm gonna go the other direction and put my vote with Captain along with Red Skull, I like to collect the villains and the good guys!!! I think Red Skull goes greatly with the Doom PF, as soon as I put them next to each other it was magic and we all know that Captain is the balance to Red Skull. I'm really shocked at how many ppl don't like Red Skull but I think it's a incredible PF, just amazing! I think ppl that don't have a Doom is what makes the RS stand out like a sore thumb IMO but it could be just me...

I think if I didn't have Doom or RS, Captain would look great on his own so i guess I can see it the other way as well...

p.s. I will have them all soon at the end of this month, the Avengers, Doom and RS.

really, just depends on each individuals situation. myself i have all 3. cap pf, red skull pf, and cap vs red skull dio. though i have the room and funds, alot of collectors may not have either, or both.
for me i'm somewhat of a completist, so i got all three. but if your not then just go with what you like and fits your collection theme.

oh yeah, i'll eat jam alone, but never, never peanut butter w/o jelly.:lol

really, just depends on each individuals situation. myself i have all 3. cap pf, red skull pf, and cap vs red skull dio. though i have the room and funds, alot of collectors may not have either, or both.
for me i'm somewhat of a completist, so i got all three. but if your not then just go with what you like and fits your collection theme.

oh yeah, i'll eat jam alone, but never, never peanut butter w/o jelly.:lol

Yeah I agree on quads statement, go with what you like, c I need the Cap vs RS dio but I haven't been able to find it at a decent price!

had my Red Skull and received my Cap today.....they are great without the other but together....WOW...great pair.

Think we'll ever get an Ultron Comiquette?

:horror No, Red Skull with Cap? This is like no Green Goblin with Spider Man! No, Batman and Joker! No, Sonny and Cher!

I agree that Cap goes well with the rest of the Avengers; I currently have him set with Iron Man and a spot is open for Thor when he comes in (Red Skull still stands to his left). However, when it comes to Premium Formats, Red Skull rocks and looks great next to Captain America.

On a side note, I may be the odd man out, but I never could get into the Hulk PF and was really disappointed with it. When I think of Hulk, I think of pure rage and the PF does not portray that imho.

I agree with you on this the passive looking hulk did not do it for me either I want rage, anger, hulk smash!!!!! just no big cheezy teeth please

My Captain America is displayed with Batman and will soon be joined by Indy (because I don't have anywhere else for him). So I voted no.

most of the people speaks only about doom and red skull as villains

there is a bad ass PF out there, which is the Green Goblin and, the evil smile on both red skull and green goblin will be perfect if displayed side by side

having said this, I own Doom exc and Green Goblin PF's but still haven't purchased red skull.
Not a big fan of the character and also I would like to display my cap exc with Thor exc :)

Summary, I voted, Cap alone is good

most of the people speaks only about doom and red skull as villains

there is a bad ass PF out there, which is the Green Goblin and, the evil smile on both red skull and green goblin will be perfect if displayed side by side

having said this, I own Doom exc and Green Goblin PF's but still haven't purchased red skull.
Not a big fan of the character and also I would like to display my cap exc with Thor exc :)

Summary, I voted, Cap alone is good

I want GG but I haven't been able to find him at a decent price... He will be mine as well! LOL That's an ultimate good goal to acquire Doom, RS and GG... All da baddies!!!! :maul

Back