Is it worth keeping the boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've literally seen people sell empty HT boxes on EBay for $10-20 apiece.

EMPTY ____ing boxes.

You could probably make a couple thousand dollars selling all yours. :lol

Don't know if this is about figures or statues but reselling anything with 100% content is worth more especially with statues. We are not talking about a few dollars here but hundreds of potential loss $ if you don't have boxes & foam containers. The risk of damage is greater also.

I did that this past summer. Destroyed every 1:6 box whether it was a con exclusive or SSC exclusive, rare, easy to find whatever, my garage was filling up and I needed the space. It was a long process but I don't regret it. I do regret not putting all the accessories into their own bags because as I started really getting into it the tupperware that they were in made all the pieces look the same especially random hands or weapons. :lol

I did keep the PF boxes of ones that were difficult to transport like Grevious or of some that I would need to store but even some of them like the Hulks which I knew I'd never voluntarily sell were trashed out.

:)

Depends on what boxes you mean, the inner or outer boxes. If you mean the outer boxes/cases then probably not but if you really want to keep them just flat pack them. If they're the outers of an especially limited production then again, sure keep them.

If we talking about the inner boxes, i.e. the boxes the statue or figure etc came in then again it comes down to the rarity of the figure itself.

As I general rule I would say keep the inner boxes but ditch the outers.

Hope this helps

I fill up boxes.
Real well.
ChappellHeadNod.gif

:)

Depends on what boxes you mean, the inner or outer boxes. If you mean the outer boxes/cases then probably not but if you really want to keep them just flat pack them. If they're the outers of an especially limited production then again, sure keep them.

If we talking about the inner boxes, i.e. the boxes the statue or figure etc came in then again it comes down to the rarity of the figure itself.

As I general rule I would say keep the inner boxes but ditch the outers.

Hope this helps

How much more space are we talking about to ditch the outer box? A 1/4" on each side? When you are going to sell the statue again, you will have to fork out more money to buy a new shipper box. I see no reason to throw out the shipper box.

i keep all my boxes, but can totally see getting rid of ones that don't go for a whole lot - less than $50. If you go to resell, people would probably still pay $50 or less just for the figure and accessories. As far as PF's, I'd probably definitely keep them - or anything worth over $100.

I keep some but I am getting to the point were most boxes are destroyed after I get the figure. Too much trouble to find the space to safely store them.

Hi VS1976,

Sure, if your likely to need to ship them, when I had my shops I would save and re-use them all for sending out my mail order items etc, but we're talking about collecting aren't we?

And if that's the case then you are unlikely to be reselling for some time.

And generally the outer cases will be damaged from delivery anyway. That said I did use to flat pack at least one outer from each series.

Also the OP was talking about the lack of space, so I was suggesting that he only kept those that were likely to be off any value and ditch the rest if he still didn't have enough room after flat packing them.

I say to trash the boxes of pieces you know you'll never sell and keep the boxes for those you have a possiblity.

Some of you guys are frakin' killing me! I could have an anxiety attack reading about some of you all destroying your boxes.

I am going to post a WTB thread in the commerce section dedicated to boxes that I want.

I keep every box. And I keep most shippers. Earlier on I didn't keep the shippers but I do now.

I never know when I will want to move a piece, or move houses, etc. So I'd rather have them for safety sake. Even if I had to pay for storage.

Back