Is it worth it to trade the iron man comiquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't do it personally. I always prefer the older more collectible pieces.

I would be on the fence on this one as well. On the one hand you get 2excellent satues with a more modern look. However, you also have a great "grail" that from a collectors stand point will be harder to get as time goes on. I guess it depends on your point of view. 2 for 1 is a great deal especially when its the 2 statues in question, but from a rarity stand point its tough call to make. In the end I think I'm with Bodie and I would keep the older collectible. Good luck!!!!

Thanks guys for the comments and opinions!

I have decided to bite the bullet and agreed on the trade :)

Just make sure that your trade partner is trustworthy, we can't stress that enough around here these days. If all things go according to plan. You'll be one happy collector when all is said and done!

Good luck bro!!!:peace

Haha.. Thats because the iron man comiquette is my first sideshow holy grail!

Technically if you are talking "Holy Grails" of Sideshow it's the EX:

71551_press02-001.jpg

I keep the older piece as well but if you're happy I'm happy. :1-1:

Sorry the IM comiquette EX is not a grail:monkey1

:lecture:lecture

I cant believe anyone would make a deal like this. Ah well... better grab it while you can.

tumblr_lkwqnhmA6K1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

I always forget about folks who joined up in the last three years or so.

You guys realize that the "grail" term used to refer to the top 4 Marvel items in a collection which included: Doctor Doom PF Ex, X-Men v. Sentinel #1 EX, Gray Hulk PF (which was an EX) and the Iron Man red/gold Comiquette EX.

My comment was a nod to that old time, tongue in cheek if you will. Just like how people used to refer to Nazi Kroenen, Jason Pt 3 and Patient Zero as the grails of the 1:6 Sideshow offerings.

NOTHING is a grail if you don't consider it one so the statement above quoted is kind of a "duh" thing. :1-1:

I wouldn't pull the trigger. I'm all about comic inspired statues. I really don't care for movie version statues. So I wouldn't do the deal. IMHO, this is still the best IM statue made.

If you are happy with the trade, that's all that matters. Congrats on your pick up.

From what i understand the deal was already in process or offered.

The deal is off.

After some verification, it is highly likely that the Iron Man Mark IV offered is from the first batch that has the chin and uneven paint problems.

So, I get to keep my Iron Man Comiquette for now..

Thank you guys for the opinions!!!
I appreciate them, cheers!

tumblr_lkwqnhmA6K1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

I always forget about folks who joined up in the last three years or so.

You guys realize that the "grail" term used to refer to the top 4 Marvel items in a collection which included: Doctor Doom PF Ex, X-Men v. Sentinel #1 EX, Gray Hulk PF (which was an EX) and the Iron Man red/gold Comiquette EX.

My comment was a nod to that old time, tongue in cheek if you will. Just like how people used to refer to Nazi Kroenen, Jason Pt 3 and Patient Zero as the grails of the 1:6 Sideshow offerings.

NOTHING is a grail if you don't consider it one so the statement above quoted is kind of a "duh" thing. :1-1:

Oh, ok.

Sorry, the Iron Man EX is not a grail.

Glad you are happy with your choice, mate. Ultimately your opinion is the one that counts in deals like these...

Back