Is it normal my ikea detolfs keep pinging ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could time when these pings occur. See if there is some kind of regularity to them. If there is, you will be able to determine when one is due and be nearby to try and detect where exactly they are coming from.

Are the statues sitting on the surfaces solidly? Move the cabinets somewhere else in the room and see if it stops. It definitely sounds like the heated pipe is having something to do with it.

For it to be a ping, I would think that there is some resonance occurring. Try hitting some areas with a spoon or something, and try and replicate the sound. You have to find out where it is coming from, and know what is causing it before you can fix it.

You sure that ping you're hearing isn't your microwave telling you your food is cooked? Either that or your gaff is haunted! Hope this helps Tay:wave
I went to Ikea with my bird the other day, now i know plenty of Freaks put their PF's inside Detolfs, but the glass looks thin and PF's weigh a ton...i wouldn't chance it myself:monkey1
I'd agree with the glass expansion/contraction theory...especially near heating sources, you should maybe try to move them? They could end up shattering one day...

Totally normal, mine do it constantly and my room is temperture controled very steadily. Took some getting use to, it actually woke me up one night, but they've been doing it like 2 years now so I'm not worried. I don't have any heavy weight on the shelves or tight screws.

:lol
I cant find the right word so " pinging " is the best I can do.
Basically I've set up 3 detolfs and have put premium formats on two shelves ( doubled up the glass there stood on ) and a premium format on top.

Now there next to a pipe that gets relativley warm , not touching it but close. Now every now and then I will hear a ping , like someone is flicking the glass almost. Now either there is somebody doing that and their hiding in the room or something is wrong with them correct ?.
I'm getting all paranoied thinking the glass is going to shatter , is this normal ?.

Its quite a loud noise. I loosened the bolt things on top since I thought they may have been too tight but there still making the noise. It happens about four times a day , at least thats about how many times I'm hearing it.

Has anybody else heard the odd " ping " ?. :monkey1:lol

I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like this so please don't have a nerd rage fit if its something simple. I'm just trying to protect my precious statues and figures !. :monkey3:monkey2

:lol

I know exactly what you mean man. Mine has been doing that since the first week I got it, well over a year ago.

Think it is just expansion of the materials in the heat.

Yes, Mine also make the ping noises. It happens every once in a while and can be pretty loud. I don't think anything of it, neither should you in my opinion, the Detolf glass is damn thick.

it's just from variations in temperature. lots of glass furniture does this. loosen up the screws. furniture and shelves that are almost entirely glass shouldn't be overtightened anyway. it can shatter cuz glass easily expands and contracts.

it's just from variations in temperature. lots of glass furniture does this. loosen up the screws. furniture and shelves that are almost entirely glass shouldn't be overtightened anyway. it can shatter cuz glass easily expands and contracts.

I agree with this.

Hogwash. Governent conspiracy backed by NWO and current admin. It's even infiltrated the UK now. I'm loading my guns as I type.

Back