Is it crazy to want two of the same statue???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn-ray

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was wondering how many of you out there had 2 of the same statue or collectible? I have seen afew pictures of afew members that had two of the same statue. Is it crazy to want two? i think it looks pretty cool! i just got the predator cinemaquette, and i am saving to get another one. i just think it would be amazing looking to have 2 of them!

I guess if you have the spare money to do so

No way on my current earnings would I ever think about it

I would never buy two of something, unless it was a figure I was just going to use for parts or like a Stormtrooper figure or something. But a statue? Nope.

Just give it time. You won't be able to keep up your double mentality for long. I'm speaking from experience. Too much good stuff, so one at a time does it. Although there are a few things that I think will be hits that I try to nab two if I can afford it at the moment (I'm looking at you Mr. Torrance). But in today's economy, flipping for profit has become that much more difficult.

I would never buy two of something, unless it was a figure I was just going to use for parts or like a Stormtrooper figure or something. But a statue? Nope.

Hey Josh :wave

Just give it time. You won't be able to keep up your double mentality for long. I'm speaking from experience. Too much good stuff, so one at a time does it. Although there are a few things that I think will be hits that I try to nab two if I can afford it at the moment (I'm looking at you Mr. Torrance). But in today's economy, flipping for profit has become that much more difficult.

Hey Josh :wave

Hey Scott! :duff

I don't know how or why but I have two SS Venom 1:1 Busts, two Terminator SS Endoskull 1:1 Busts (Clean not Combat) and two Spiderman PF's. I've yet to display them.

I don't see myself buying two of the same statue, just doesn't really make sense to me. Unless your trying to build an army or something, then you could get multiple Stormtroopers or Terminators for example. Just one of a piece is more than enough for me though.

I had a hard enough time justifying buying an exclusive version and the regular. I have only done it twice, with Cap and Hulk.

I don't think its crazy by any means...if you've got the extra cash and really like a certain piece...go for it, esp. if its a collectible with an exclusive.

If there is a difference absolutely not. If its exactly the same piece with no differences its a little questionable.

Certain pieces are open to repetition in a display, Moria orc from SSW or SS, or the RWoS to name just a couple...so no, it is not crazy to want two of the same statue!

I buy 2-4 of the same statues ONLY if i find them very very amazing, i.e. the Captain America PF, Lurtz PF, and Demon Dog rabbit. On top of that, my bro buys 2 for him. We don't resell them. It is just our OCD.

Was wondering how many of you out there had 2 of the same statue or collectible? I have seen afew pictures of afew members that had two of the same statue. Is it crazy to want two? i think it looks pretty cool! i just got the predator cinemaquette, and i am saving to get another one. i just think it would be amazing looking to have 2 of them!

More power to you, if you can swing getting 2 of the Cinemaquette Predator. I'm sure it would look amazing to display those 2 mammoth statues next to each other. BTW, you should post some pics of him, I've been wanting to get one myself (though it will be a while before I can save up to afford one).

buy a mirror and u'll have two of everything :D

anyway, i've seen some members having two stormtroopers behind their vader..so i guess some things u need a pair to look nicer when displayed

The only time I'm ever tempted to buy more than one of anything is when I find a really good deal on something that I love. But even then it's generally a bad idea.

Back