Is Hot Toys going to implode?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Hot Toys going to implode?

• Yes

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Hopeman

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kingdome.gif

The Sheer weight of all the Marvel figures in one building.

The manufacturing costs have risen about 200% in the last few years. That's one reason for the increase of costs.

I do think the costs will weed out the casual collector more and more.

Yep. Soon dem prices gonna be intolerable for none-asian markets.

I sense the implode train a-comin'. I'm glad I'm not an Iron Man completist, because, man, they are beating that dead horse. How many "casual clothes" Stark sets can you make, anyway?

Star Wars *COULD* be a boon for them, if they play their cards right. But they're releasing too much, too fast, all that appeals to one demo (well, except maybe 1/4 Fett). Meaning, after Han and Chewie, do a lesser known character for the diehards (One of the bounty hunters, perhaps?) or a figure for the very few prequel-lovers out there, or a different kind of release (busts? cosbabies? If they can with their license) before jumping back in with the oh-so-necessary Stormies, Vader, and Obi-wan. Doesn't look like that'll happen though.

I think they can handle the uptick in production. I think they can handle the higher work load. I'm not sure that our paychecks can, and it's not the increasing costs per figure that's the problem - it's the sheer quantity. And like someone else said already, if people aren't buying, they won't be selling.

Haven't people been saying this for 5 years now? :lol Hot Toys ain't going anywhere. Stop it.

I mean, I cant afford it but there are plenty of people with deep pockets out there so yeah.

Haven't people been saying this for 5 years now? :lol Hot Toys ain't going anywhere. Stop it.

I mean, I cant afford it but there are plenty of people with deep pockets out there so yeah.

And for the last 5 years people have been saying that Sideshow's paint apps will be better with each release :wink1:

:lol no.....wait......what.....

Since Snake didn't come out like most thought it would making Sideshow's future release's better they are now saying that Hoth Han and Luke will really show if they will turn a new leaf. If those 2 figures don't then I got a feeling those same people are just going to continue saying that and just say well TOD Indy will be the one they get right for once. If not that then Beetle Juice, if not Beetle Juice then Ash from Evil Dead etc. for another 5 more years.

Howard might be crushed soon as the money stacks implode.
....assuming ...you know .... he likes to stack his money in vertical stacks....

Yeah, I left out BvS because the MoS figures have been slow to move. But we all know people will buy the **** out of these.

2019.png

I'm not sure about that. Yeah, Batman is Batman, but if the movie blows lots of collectors (self included) may skip out, despite the pretty cool design. And frankly, I'm not optimistic that the movie won't blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back