Is Darth Malgus's Hood functional

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chargersfan57

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow,

Would you be able to tell us if the hood on the Darth Malgus Premium Format can actually be used to cover his head?

I know of a few Sideshow fans who are curious about that. Especially since there were no pics on Sideshow's site showing that.

Thank you so much for all the great stuff your making Sideshow!!!!!! :yess:

noah

I heard somewhere no.. but would like to have a 100% confirmation from a SS representative

The hood for Darth Malgus will be stitched down, so it will not be able to be raised up. This lowered hood 'look' corresponds with the pose of the Premium Format Figure and also how he's depicted in the game a lot of the time.

-SideshowAlex

Hmmm. I was on the fence about this one, thought it strange there was no pics of him with hood up.
I wanted to display him with hood up, very strange that it would be stitched down?
Never heard of that being done before.
Might have to pass.

Thank you for the heads up Alex. A bit of a strange decision I think but he's still a kick *** sculpt none the less.

I don't understand why it's stitched down, all that does it stop the function.

You'll already be stitching the hood so why stop it from being usable?

Doesn't make any sense :dunno

If there's a possibility of them changing it then :clap

It doesn't seem like something that would be overly difficult for them to do so it's an interesting decision on their part.

Still an incredible piece but a small change like this could do wonders!

While I would prefer it to not be stitched in place, if it doesn't get changed and does comes stitched in place, it should be relatively easy to find the stitch line, cut the thread, and undo the stitching yourself. Then use the water method to get the hood to lay however you want to

Classic set-up to knock down thread. I'm beginning to think these same trolls would've whined regardless of what Sideshow said. If Alex had come in here and said, "No, it's fully functional, so you can put it up if you want." I wouldn't be surprised to read a bunch of posts whining about game accuracy and how it should've been stitched down because that's how he wears it most of the game. :monkey1 :lol

Classic set-up to knock down thread. I'm beginning to think these same trolls would've whined regardless of what Sideshow said. If Alex had come in here and said, "No, it's fully functional, so you can put it up if you want." I wouldn't be surprised to read a bunch of posts whining about game accuracy and how it should've been stitched down because that's how he wears it most of the game. :monkey1 :lol

:lol

true, there's the "damned if you, do damned if you don't" kind of thing that is always going to be there.

but I find the response by Alex kind of odd seeing as how the 1:1 life size figure of the same character from the same game has a functioning hood. why isn't the hood stitched in place for that? I could careless either way as I can easily find a way to make the PF hood functional if I want to but if that's their reasoning, why not have it across the board for all the Darth Malgus pieces. The 1:1 should have it stitched as well as the eventual 1:6.

Last edited:

Nobody better come in here and knock this piece down just because the hood doesn't go up. Unfortunately some people will take the little things and make them out to be a cancerous disease that plagues the entire statue.

And to them I say :cuckoo:

well the question is.. if I cut the stitches.. will the hood fit over his head or not ??????????????????

(very questionable decision by SSC... )

What Sideshow Alex meant to say was:

"The hood for Darth Malgus will be stitched down, so it will not eat into the sales of our 1:1 statue. This lowered hood 'look' comes with a cost so you'll have to pony up more money if you'd like to have a functional hood. Thankyouhaveanicedayok."

well the question is.. if I cut the stitches.. will the hood fit over his head or not ??????????????????

:goodpost: will it SS? I mean it worked for chicken leg maul. Please say yes! :pray:

I'm gonna fire off an E-Mail to SSC about the arduous task of not stitching it down.

I suggest all who want the hood functional do the same, we can only but try.

Good question...

stichted down or not, the hood should be scaled properly/accurately to 1/4.

What Sideshow Alex meant to say was:

"The hood for Darth Malgus will be stitched down, so it will not eat into the sales of our 1:1 statue. This lowered hood 'look' comes with a cost so you'll have to pony up more money if you'd like to have a functional hood. Thankyouhaveanicedayok."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah it doesn't make any sense for it to be like this, I hope it's easy to locate the line then to cut it.

Back