Is anyone else out there afraid to play with and or pose Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not afraid to pose them at all. I just use some common sense when doing so. These are expensive figures based on real people and should be posed as such. People trying to pose them like their comic book counter parts in dynamic poses are looking for trouble. A good rule of thumb when posing a figure based on a real person is to try and stand in that pose yourself and see how natural it feels to you. If you cant hold that pose yourself or it feels un natural to stand that way then the figure shouldn't be in it. A lot of the more dynamic stuff is done with CG in the movies and therefore not something a real human body could do anyway. These figures can get some great poses within the limitation of human anatomy. Just be careful when trying to mimic "comic book anatomy" and always treat these figures as collector pieces and not $15/$20 toys.

areyouserious.gif

Haha. I know it sounds weird but try it. I have seen lots of pics of crazy looking poses. Like someone has never seen a person actually stand in real life. I have a friend that has his batman standing with arms pointing straight down with elbows locked and feet turned inward. Looks more like derp-man than batman.

Some of us are normal well adjusted adults so we have no weird desire to play with these figures.

so if i play with my adjustable action figures i am not well adjusted & abnormal......that makes sense..........
what do you do to food-----look at it................

so if i play with my adjustable action figures i am not well adjusted & abnormal......that makes sense..........
what do you do to food-----look at it................

:lecture :lol

I'm somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I'll take a figure out of the cabinet to repose or take a closer look and a hand/cape/accessory will fall off. Then I immediately regret taking it out since I'll now spend 30 minutes attempting to repose the figure like some OCD maniac. :slap :lol

Sometimes I'm more concerned about breaking an accessory than the figure, just because they can be pricey to replace. I think for the most part if the fig is handled properly it'll last. But then you have those figs that have outfits that seems fragile (Spider-Man, superman) and those I'm a little more concerned about handling constantly

Im not afraid to pose them at all. I just use some common sense when doing so. These are expensive figures based on real people and should be posed as such. People trying to pose them like their comic book counter parts in dynamic poses are looking for trouble. A good rule of thumb when posing a figure based on a real person is to try and stand in that pose yourself and see how natural it feels to you. If you cant hold that pose yourself or it feels un natural to stand that way then the figure shouldn't be in it. A lot of the more dynamic stuff is done with CG in the movies and therefore not something a real human body could do anyway. These figures can get some great poses within the limitation of human anatomy. Just be careful when trying to mimic "comic book anatomy" and always treat these figures as collector pieces and not $15/$20 toys.

giphy.gif

I have to try that

DSC00941.jpg

:exactly: :lol

I actually do the same thing as JMW so I don't see it as bizarre at all! If a figure is not posed in a way that is believable it throws the entire look off. An example would be on many Iron Man figures where they are posed with the bicep armor pieces facing directly forward which wouldn't feel natural at all. The arms turn in slightly when standing.

LET'S TAKE THIS THREAD AND TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN. POST THE MOST RIDICULOUS POSE YOU'VE EVER GOT YOU'RE HOT TOY FIGURE INTO AND POST IT HERE NOW AND YES YOU, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.:thud:

I actually do the same thing as JMW so I don't see it as bizarre at all! If a figure is not posed in a way that is believable it throws the entire look off. An example would be on many Iron Man figures where they are posed with the bicep armor pieces facing directly forward which wouldn't feel natural at all. The arms turn in slightly when standing.

Yep. I just look at it from an artists point of view when posing. There are only so many things anatomy can do naturally. A lot of the poses people on here "try" to do just look silly and unnatural.

Most useless thread.....ever.

How so? It's a good discussion.

I'm fairly new to the hobby and I was petrified to even touch my first HT figure. I'm up to 3 now and find it has gotten easier with time. I don't exactly play with them like a kid but I often pick them up, re pose or just hold & look at them. I love my HT figures :panic:

I touch my figures with my eyes, :lol

I once accidently broke off one of my Hot Toys Terminators arms by manoeuvring it too vigorously, so I looked for another Hot Toys body on ebay saw the price :thud:

So yes I do take care with my figs, its not like I'm handling some Plutonium or other radioactive material, but yes I take care.

How so? It's a good discussion.

I'm fairly new to the hobby and I was petrified to even touch my first HT figure. I'm up to 3 now and find it has gotten easier with time. I don't exactly play with them like a kid but I often pick them up, re pose or just hold & look at them. I love my HT figures :panic:

It gets better and better the more you do it. :naughty

the_40_year_old_virgin_2005_aquarius_celebration.jpg

Wait, we were talking about figures? Nevermind. Carry on!

I play with mine and take pictures of them in the trash for fun.

They're just material possessions, I can't keep them forever.

Back