Is another classic Predator figure from Hot Toys coming?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like the Berserker Predator looked exactly like how Hot Toys advertised him to be...

I can't remember anyone on the boards complaining about the height issues or light feature not working properly...:lol

I love my Berserker by the way. He's a great figure. Just making the point that cheap figres have their issues, as do high end figures. Nothing will ever be perfect.

There's a night and day difference between how Berserker turned out and the baby poop colored turd that was NECA's Falconer. Falconer didn't even look like there was much attention to the paint scheme other than dipping the top in yellow and turning it around and dipping the bottom in green. And in some cases, it was the other way around colorwise. I had every figure for the first wave in my cart and then put them all back because of how ____ty Falconer looked. The others were sloppy as ____, but Falconer made me LOL in public. :huh

Yeah, nothing objectionable here. I'll allow. I was going to put a winky smiley here but they don't seem to be working. Neither can I italicise or underline words. Whats with that?

The 1/4 Predator will probably still have paint flaws, my alien does, they're just not as many or as bad as the 8" figures - plus the size really does impress. I hate to concede any points to Selektiv but I think he was right about that....not that 1/6th suddenly sucks...just that 1/4 is pretty good based on my Neca Alien.

I entirely agree. I'm one of the main ___holes in the DX Indy thread who can't believe HT would charge $250 for a figure with a bad wardrobe, inaccurate hat (how could they ____ that up?!) and ____-poor likeness. Was also in the DX 02 thread leading the charge against HT for the leaky DX02's. But when all is said and done, looking at releases, yeah, there's no contest whose end result is better. And it ain't NECA, even at their $15-$30 pricepoint. An issue I've had since the Terminator garbage.

As much as I would like to see a new version of the Classic Predator, I don't think HT will release one, at least not in the near future. Yes, it would make them a bunch of money right away, but in the long run, it would destroy a habit they've been "injecting" into new and old collectors/customers: Buy figures as soon as released because you never know if another or better version of the same character will be made again (And buy them right away before they go up in price). I think keeping this habit in their customers purchase practice is much more valuable than a one time sell out.

Releasing another version of the P1 would get the message out that it's ok to wait and not buy right away since another version of the same character or an improved one (DX) might come in the future. I think they made this mistake with both the TDK Joker and Batman figures when they released DX versions for both, but I am under the impression that that was a self correction for delivering such a low quality on the first versions from a film that turned out to be a big success.

A lesson I hope they are learning. The IM and Batman variants have really devalued the initial license releases. The MKIII can be had at a fraction of the price as can the first Joker (and BR Joker) as well as the first release of the TDK suit. They also stomped on the Wolf pred by releasing the Cleaner version and last time I checked, the BD P2 Pred also goes for cheaper.

Also, Hot Toys doesn't care about secondary market prices of their product, whether the price goes above or below original retal. All that they care about (as any intelligent company should) is to sell out their new product as soon as possible to make their profit right away and move on with their next projects.

Something that won't happen releasing continual variants to fill the void for the latecommers and crybabies who passed initially.

I entirely agree. I'm one of the main ___holes in the DX Indy thread who can't believe HT would charge $250 for a figure with a bad wardrobe, inaccurate hat (how could they ____ that up?!) and ____-poor likeness. Was also in the DX 02 thread leading the charge against HT for the leaky DX02's. But when all is said and done, looking at releases, yeah, there's no contest whose end result is better. And it ain't NECA, even at their $15-$30 pricepoint. An issue I've had since the Terminator garbage.

I've bought all the Termies and Preds primarily for the scale, wierd I know but I still have some love for figures of that size and I want to complete a collection of the most iconic Terminators, preds and Aliens that I began with McFarlane 10 years ago - even having moved up to HT and now the 1/4s. The paint and QC on them leaves a lot to be desired definitely. Although the T2s aren't too ____ed up IMO, sure they're far from high end standard paint apps but, maybe because of less complexity involved in painting a black leather costume and a dark blue police outfit, they don't seem as bad as the Predators figures.

Anyway, think I'll pack it in.

I paid £200 for P1 back when it was first released and I would happily pay over the odds again if HT released a far superior P1/Classic sculpt.

Back