is a Root canal Worth?or better remove

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered breast implants?

You won't even think about that tooth with some beautiful d-cups down there.

Hi. I just wanted to chime in. Which tooth is it? Honestly it is almost advisable to restore a tooth rather than remove it. Removal can cause teeth to shift and it could cause problems with your bite due to teeth drifting and supra-erupting. However if you can't afford it then just have the tooth extracted. Root canals are relatively painless unless there is infection. If that is the case then I would place you on an antibiotic and perform the procedure in 7 to 10 days. Is the pain spontaneous? Does it keep you up at night?

is one of the molars might be the first or second, im not sure which, it has a hole, sometimes im ok but then it hurts really bad.

i dont think i want an implant, but i guess it would be between rot canal or bridge,

is root canal cheaper? i know it might be the best option, but if the tooth is going to be dead, thats what makes me wonder

you want it cheap....

tell your dentist you can do without the anesthesia. that takes care of almost half the bill.

True. It will be cheaper.

I had all my wisdom teeth removed in 2008. I was a recent college grad, no job, no health insurance. I couldn't afford General anesthesia, the one that makes you sleepy. They said I'd still get local anesthesia, the one that numbs. Two things hurt:

The local anesthesia needles. Staying awake for 3 huge needle injections in 4 locations. The most pain was the 2 extra needles I got in that fleshy part way in the back of my mouth behind the wisdom teeth, pretty much near the jaw hinge.

Teeth mashing. Pulling the teeth wasn't that bad, but two were difficult, so he mashed them into the socket to loosen them up. That hurt. The lower right tooth split so they had to cut the gum down to get the bottom part out.

After it was over he patted me on the shoulder and said "You did a good job. I couldn't have done that." If I had known better, I probably wouldn't have done it either. But I do feel like my pain threshold has been greatly increased. I think I had a worse case scenario experience, but do get General anesthesia if it's affordable.

is one of the molars might be the first or second, im not sure which, it has a hole, sometimes im ok but then it hurts really bad.

i dont think i want an implant, but i guess it would be between rot canal or bridge,

is root canal cheaper? i know it might be the best option, but if the tooth is going to be dead, thats what makes me wonder

Typically the 2nd molar is the last molar in the arch, so you couldn't get a bridge there unless you have a third molar. If it's your first molar, then you can get a bridge. I would personally advice against a bridge for reasons discussed earlier. You have to prepare the two adjacent teeth in order to fabricate the bridge. Also, in the long run, it's not that much cheaper than an implant. However, they are still the more popular option due to the fact that most insurances will cover that procedure and almost no insurances cover implants. A bridge will typically cost you $2700+ while an implant will be in the neighborhood of $3500. To me, over the course of your lifetime, that's not a significant amount of money. Do you have a copy of the radiograph?

its the older research that gets shunned

here is the link which works just fine and is on the 1st link I posted https://educate-yourself.org/cn/rootcanalcoverup02apr04.___ml

apparently this doctor was Silenced/covered up, as ALL Truthsayers are! especially in nutrition and medical care...The AMA/ADA are a multi-billion industry and it would hurt them bad financially if real truthful medical research or another opinion was given to the public.

Yeah, I was gonna say........100 years ago when you still got some truth.

It's someone's opinion. Just do your research. That's what I did and I decided to get one.
Sorry, Ween, I'm w Teemu on this one and it's not just one doctor's opinion.

The first study done on the poisons created by root canals was in 1925 and it was a 25 year study. Since then more studies have been done- and it has little bearing on how the procedure was performed. I learned about the dangers of root canals at least 15 years ago by someone not affiliated in any way with the previous link I posted.

Sorry, Ween, I'm w Teemu on this one and it's not just one doctor's opinion.

The first study done on the poisons created by root canals was in 1925 and it was a 25 year study. Since then more studies have been done- and it has little bearing on how the procedure was performed. I learned about the dangers of root canals at least 15 years ago by someone not affiliated in any way with the previous link I posted.

I gotta disagree with you. Root canal filling material is usually done with either gutta-percha or silver points. The techniques have gotten more sophisticated with use of sealants, better files, rotary instruments, microscopes, etc. Everyone has a right to make their own choices in life, especially when it comes to their own health and health care. However, I can assure you that root canals are very safe and effective (in fact, it has some of the best success rates for any procedure in all of medicine). There are literally hundreds of thousands of these performed every year. If there were problems, I can assure you would hear from it. You can read all of the studies you want, and there are plenty of them. Just be selective, otherwise, you can get some real bad information. The real problem with people doing their own research is filtering out all the bad studies that don't undergo proper peer review and get published in one of the numerous "junk" journals out there. Go to the Cochrane database, and start there. It's peer reviewed by independent researchers and is the gold standard in the research community.

I had a tooth that just wouldn't settle down and not be sensitive to pressure. So, we did a root canal. It was a molar. It's been about a year and the crown seems to be fine. I was told if you have it pulled, the gap where the tooth used to be could allow the teeth around it to move, affecting your bite, and causing other issues. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but honestly, I didn't care. This is a pretty important chewing tooth I had worked on, so not having it wasn't much of an option IMO.

I've had all my wisdom teeth cut out, but I have to say this root canal was the most uncomfortable dental procedure I've endured, by far. It wasn't painful at all, but it took forever. They have to go in and file out all the nerve tissue to prevent infection, and fill the roots back in with some material. That stuff takes time, and on molars, there's more roots to have to work on. Sitting there holding your mouth open that long with the metal and rubber apparatus that keeps everything dry is just not pleasant. And, you can sense when they're filing out those roots, which is a weird feeling. If you have dental anxiety, you'll work yourself into a tizzy before and during. But, pain, really isn't an issue. They can numb that thing and you won't feel it. The rest of it is what gets you. You'll certainly appreciate routine fillings after one.

To your original question, even as unpleasant as the procedure was, I'd prefer another one over losing the tooth. I understand a good root canal should last you about 25 years. There are always exceptions of course, but if you get close to that, it's money well spent.

Last edited:
I gotta disagree with you. Root canal filling material is usually done with either gutta-percha or silver points. The techniques have gotten more sophisticated with use of sealants, better files, rotary instruments, microscopes, etc. Everyone has a right to make their own choices in life, especially when it comes to their own health and health care. However, I can assure you that root canals are very safe and effective (in fact, it has some of the best success rates for any procedure in all of medicine). There are literally hundreds of thousands of these performed every year. If there were problems, I can assure you would hear from it. You can read all of the studies you want, and there are plenty of them. Just be selective, otherwise, you can get some real bad information. The real problem with people doing their own research is filtering out all the bad studies that don't undergo proper peer review and get published in one of the numerous "junk" journals out there. Go to the Cochrane database, and start there. It's peer reviewed by independent researchers and is the gold standard in the research community.

interesting that this research was done by A DOCTOR, which just like every other DOCTOR qualifies him to give sound true advice?
one's opinion over another's?

I have to agree with this statement

"So, the first question any rational person would ask themselves is: “Why would I want a dead tooth in my mouth … for the rest of my life?”

Good question! Answer: You don’t want a dead tooth in your mouth for the rest of your life.

Please show us another instance in your body where a dead organ, tissue, limb, digit, etc. is purposefully kept in or attached to your body by the Medical Practitioner. Show us just one example?"

It makes ALOT of sense to me.Ya know, not ALL Mainstream medicine/dental practice is what its cracked up to be.The Dentist serves you poisonous Fluoride,and then Your Doctor will offer you poison (Radiation/Chemo) if you get Cancer.I think people foolishly trust their Doctors as what they say is 100% true as law in their care.
Especially when there are so MANY other Doctors who have done the research giving you much better alternatives to healing

Nothing is more greater than Nutritional Care when healing the body inside out,including Teeth! Your body was designed to heal itself through proper nutrition...

interesting that this research was done by A DOCTOR, which just like every other DOCTOR qualifies him to give sound true advice?
one's opinion over another's?

I have to agree with this statement

"So, the first question any rational person would ask themselves is: “Why would I want a dead tooth in my mouth … for the rest of my life?”

Good question! Answer: You don’t want a dead tooth in your mouth for the rest of your life.

Please show us another instance in your body where a dead organ, tissue, limb, digit, etc. is purposefully kept in or attached to your body by the Medical Practitioner. Show us just one example?"

It makes ALOT of sense to me.Ya know, not ALL Mainstream medicine/dental practice is what its cracked up to be.The Dentist serves you poisonous Fluoride,and then Your Doctor will offer you poison (Radiation/Chemo) if you get Cancer.I think people foolishly trust their Doctors as what they say is 100% true as law in their care.
Especially when there are so MANY other Doctors who have done the research giving you much better alternatives to healing

Nothing is more greater than Nutritional Care when healing the body inside out,including Teeth! Your body was designed to heal itself through proper nutrition...

I can agree that it's an opinion. Any doctor can say whatever it they want to say but that doesn't make it necessarily right. I personally practice evidence-based-dentistry. I read twenty research articles a month to try and keep up (it's really really hard to keep up with everything that you need to know in medicine). You can trust whoever you want, and they can say whatever they want. There are plenty of weird, medically unsound opinions out there. Some of which you touched on. You tell a cancer patient to not get chemotherapy, and in my opinion, you are sentencing them to their death. Steve Jobs had a very treatable form of cancer, but he refused chemotherapy trying alternative medicine instead early on. That decision ultimately killed him. I have a co-worker who is alive today due to her cancer treatment for colon cancer. I has have seen several moms who have survived breast cancer, and it was due to their treatment that they are still with their families today. Yes, the medicine is toxic but that's the point. It kills the rapidly dividing cells, hopefully reducing tumor size etc. I hope you are not arguing that the treatment is worse than the disease?

As far as the root canal is concerned, why does it matter if the tooth is dead? It's still your tooth and your body isn't going to reject it due to bio-incompatibility. I think it's great that this treatment is available and has such a great success rate. Different parts of the body function differently, so the treatments are going to vary based on that function. If you have a heart attack, and require a stint or bipass surgery, are you going to refuse it because it will require materials that are artificial? I hope not.

I can agree that it's an opinion. Any doctor can say whatever it they want to say but that doesn't make it necessarily right. I personally practice evidence-based-dentistry. I read twenty research articles a month to try and keep up (it's really really hard to keep up with everything that you need to know in medicine). You can trust whoever you want, and they can say whatever they want. There are plenty of weird, medically unsound opinions out there. Some of which you touched on. You tell a cancer patient to not get chemotherapy, and in my opinion, you are sentencing them to their death. Steve Jobs had a very treatable form of cancer, but he refused chemotherapy trying alternative medicine instead early on. That decision ultimately killed him. I have a co-worker who is alive today due to her cancer treatment for colon cancer. I has have seen several moms who have survived breast cancer, and it was due to their treatment that they are still with their families today. Yes, the medicine is toxic but that's the point. It kills the rapidly dividing cells, hopefully reducing tumor size etc. I hope you are not arguing that the treatment is worse than the disease?

As far as the root canal is concerned, why does it matter if the tooth is dead? It's still your tooth and your body isn't going to reject it due to bio-incompatibility. I think it's great that this treatment is available and has such a great success rate. Different parts of the body function differently, so the treatments are going to vary based on that function. If you have a heart attack, and require a stint or bipass surgery, are you going to refuse it because it will require materials that are artificial? I hope not.

in regards to Cancer,I would never do chemo/radiation treatment..
Chemo/Radiation destroys your Immune system which its your Immune System is what heals the Cancer

I have seen fantastic truth films such as 'Food Matters' 'The Gerson Miracle' 'A Beautiful Truth' 'Dying to have known' that proves that Nutrition Therapy works better.I whole heartily agree with Dr. Max Gerson's work(who was silenced) and evidence along with Charlotte Gerson who has to practice nutritional therapy in Mexico.Diets are what causes Cancer to begin with.Most people only know what the mainstream tells them,and refuse to seek out alternatives

majority of Cancer patients that use Chemo/Radiation therapy end up dead anyway.plus,Heathly patients don't make big bucks for the American Murder Association anyway.If people ate properly,there would be an epidemic of health,and the cancer rate (which is 1 out of 2 people now) would drop significantly.

Last edited:
Chemo/Radiation destroys your Immune system which its your Immune System is what heals the Cancer

I have seen fantastic truth films such as 'Food Matters' 'The Gerson Miracle' 'A Beautiful Truth' 'Dying to have known' that proves that Nutrition Therapy works better.I whole heartily agree with Dr. Max Gerson's work(who was silenced) and evidence along with Charlotte Gerson who has to practice nutritional therapy in Mexico.Diets are what causes Cancer to begin with.Most people only know what the mainstream tells them,and refuse to seek out alternatives

majority of Cancer patients that use Chemo/Radiation therapy end up dead anyway.plus,Heathly patients don't make big bucks for the American Murder Association anyway.If people ate properly,there would be an epidemic of health,and the cancer rate (which is 1 out of 2 people now) would drop significantly.

I won't argue that a healthy diet combined with exercise would lead to a healthier person. However, not all cancer can even be linked to the things we eat. I hope that you never get cancer cause I think your line of thinking could get you killed, which I don't wish upon anyone. You certainly have a right to your opinion and I won't argue with you. However, I wonder if you know how the immune system functions or what it's job does. The job of the immune system is fight off infection/diseases. It is not involved in the healing process. The problem with cancer is that it your own cells growing/rapidly dividing, so your immune system cannot recognize the disease to fight it off. It also complicates treatment because it is your own tissue that is ultimately killing you. It's a complicated disease, which is why so much research is conducted into it's pathways so it can be better understood so better forms of treatment can be derived. Ultimately, I hope that a cure is found cause it is a truly dreadful disease. Best of luck to you!!

Cancer cannot Live in an Akaline Body State....its all about PH Balance and Food plays a big role in that.Food is the biggest contributor to disease.If you have a strong Immune system then you body will HEAL itself....

Just like when you get a cut,your body heals...same thing everywhere else,but through giving the proper nutrition.

Watch Food Matters Documentary and the Gerson Miracle which has actual testimonies of people who did nutritional therapy and Cured their disease without Chemo or Radiation...

you eat garbage,you become garbage and get disease...its inevitable

Cancer cannot Live in an Akaline Body State....its all about PH Balance and Food plays a big role in that.Food is the biggest contributor to disease.If you have a strong Immune system then you body will HEAL itself....

Just like when you get a cut,your body heals...same thing everywhere else,but through giving the proper nutrition.

Watch Food Matters Documentary and the Gerson Miracle which has actual testimonies of people who did nutritional therapy and Cured their disease without Chemo or Radiation...

you eat garbage,you become garbage and get disease...its inevitable

A cut heals differently than your body fights off disease. First you have compliment cascade, clotting factors, etc. Your immune system fights infection by attacking bacteria. Do you not believe in antibiotics? Your immune system fights off infection/disease by detecting antigens, such as glycoproteins. Those are targeted for destruction by the body because they are recognized by being foreign. Again, you can believe what you want to believe. It's your body but I agree about trying to live a healthy lifestyle. There is nothing in the scientific literature that supports Gerson's claims. If you want to go by patient testimony, then what about the millions of lives that are saved by by traditional cancer therapy?

its called ANECDOTAL EVIDENCES.

miracle drugs, miracle beads, miracle soap, miracle diet and all that jazz uses this shat to sell their crap.

going to the dentist the 22, i still dont know for sure if to get root canal or bridge, i guess it might come to what's cheapest,

Teemu, just asking......is there anything that isn't a conspiracy? Is there anyone who tells the truth?

Back