is a Root canal Worth?or better remove

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you're this guy.

toothless.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

3 Wisdom tooth removed and a root canal done. I also pulled my own tooth out once. If you can afford a dentist....do it.

Here is a little tip to help stop Cavities,Decay,and Root Canal's in the future

STOP DRINKING SODA!

Soda is the biggest culprit to cavities along with that it contains Phosphoric Acid (which leeches the enamel from your teeth and Calcium from your bones)

I had 14 teeth pulled (not all at one time) when I was younger to make room for my braces (or something along those lines). So, it is safe to say I was absolutely terrified of the Dentist for a long time. Still don't like it, but it's not as bad.

My wisdom teeth shift every 3 months or so and its painful for about a week but then goes away. I just get doped up on advil and I don't even know.

I can't even imagine having a root canal.

Here is a little tip to help stop Cavities,Decay,and Root Canal's in the future

STOP DRINKING SODA!

Soda is the biggest culprit to cavities along with that it contains Phosphoric Acid (which leeches the enamel from your teeth and Calcium from your bones)

:lecture:lecture It'll be 2 years in June for my Soda Sobriety. Just water throughout the day and one glass of sweet tea or gatorade for dinner.

Last edited:
I am 26, this is such an annoying decision, I don't drink Soda,
I was reading around how root canals hurt a lot and might not work, So i didn't get it done right away,
I wonder, how does a replacement works?

That's pretty young. You should try to keep the tooth as long as possible to avoid later dental issues. If you have dental insurance, I'd say you should get the root canal. I had one a couple years ago and it doesn't hurt at all.

Na, it doesn't hurt....just the first 2-3 needles they inject into you. 1 and a 1/2 inch needle. The cost might hurt at the end though.

I was searching around and some people say that root canals break later on and the tooth has to be removed anyways,
My tooth is hurting really bad, Dentist said, Root Canal or removal,
I guess the Root Canal is better because you are saving the tooth but a lot of people are saying is not worth the trouble, plus is not cheap

SRS, is that you? Why do people ask these kind of questions on a toy/statue forum and actually consult a professional in, I dunno, that specific field? You goomba! hehe

SRS, is that you? Why do people ask these kind of questions on a toy/statue forum and actually consult a professional in, I dunno, that specific field? You goomba! hehe

do you really have to be so mean about it

Last edited:

im a dentist by profession, but havent been in the field for around 4 years and root canal is my least fav treatment specially on the molars because of the curved roots and inaccessibility
but it is advisable for someone who is just 26..otherwise a best option would be extraction and implant,
do ask for the total estimate and consider ur option. if u consider a extraction u should do an implant rather than a bridge
if u do root canal u should do a crown ..
consider the cost of these 2 and make ur own decision

im a dentist by profession, but havent been in the field for around 4 years and root canal is my least fav treatment specially on the molars because of the curved roots and inaccessibility
but it is advisable for someone who is just 26..otherwise a best option would be extraction and implant,
do ask for the total estimate and consider ur option. if u consider a extraction u should do an implant rather than a bridge
if u do root canal u should do a crown ..
consider the cost of these 2 and make ur own decision

yeah thank you, so Bridge is not a good idea?

Bridges are made to replace teeth after extraction . A bridge usually involves adjacent normal healty teeth for support,,and will need to be grinded to make a bridge, so if u replace one tooth it involves 2 other teeth as well, y simply wor and grind on 2 adjacent normal teeth if u can afford a implant

you want it cheap....

tell your dentist you can do without the anesthesia. that takes care of almost half the bill.

Root canal. I had 2 done. one upper and one lower. For me it didn't hurt at all. I have a good dentist.

Back