Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I think I desided what suits I'll get:

Silver Centurion (had far more screen time than I thought it would), Shotgun (I could say its my second favourite), Gemini, Igor, Heartbreaker :love and Red Snapper.

I think most suits never even got screentime... (I'm hoping to see more in the deleted scenes). So for now I'm getting 8 suits the Fake Mandarin and Tony, and I wish they announce Pepper and Killian.

I'm dying for a Final Battle Pepper figure :drool

I already have plans for watching this movie again next week lol

Holly molly! I loved the movie :lol

Mandarin was hilarious, but not worthy of a villain figure. But I came out of the movie theater knowing for sure that Mark 42, IP and Tony Stark were the best choices. I mean, Mark 42 was like a Dummy Armor, hilarious! And the whole "video game" thing when Tony controlled it from far away was excellent, those two will be great together! And c'mon HT, give us a Savin/President HS!

Great idea for a thread Tommy!

It'll be useful for months (I remember after the Avengers there were still people complaining about spoilers who hadn't seen it)!

Before I saw the film I was worrying about how I was gonna get the money together to buy some of the newer armours (Heartbreak etc).

Then I saw the movie which made me so happy. I decided my first priority is to have the Tony Stark figure.

Then (closer to release) I'll probably pick up Iron Patriot because he was pretty badass in his solo scenes (Rhodey not Savin/President) and then the Mark 42. Whilst the Mark 42 was used a lot the best thing about it was it's ability to fly onto him, so it's a shame we are stuck with the full figure that isn't at it's coolest stage.

The Mandarin is a must get. The twist was fantastic and on a quick note about the Mandarin, Killian is more like the Mandarin is character, he's just not like him in style/look. So between Kingsley and Pearce the Mandarin is fully explored which for me was the best way to do it. With this in mind I wouldn't mind a Killian figure, but with a glowy headsculpt.

Finally I would love a Mandarin home invasion Tony.

Home invasion Tony is a great idea, especially if we get a Trevor figure to go with it.

The ultimate evil thing HT could do is add Mark 42 parts to the figures figures they release, I wouldn't mind I will likely get them all anyway

:lol

Would be worse if it's a "Build a Hulkbuster" thing. :lol
15 parts spread over to the 15 mark suits they're making.

~~~~

Anybody thought of getting Fake Mandarin and Kilian,
then placing Fake Mandarin clothes on Kilian with his dragon-tattooed body?

Ok I saw this yesterday and now I've had time to think and let everything settle this is probably my second favorite film of the six after Iron Man 1, I loved everything about Tony in this one especially the small things like watching Downton Abbey with Happy and the look of loss when Pepper fell.

It was also great to see Iron Man fight villains that weren't encased in armour and they actually seemed like more of a threat especially with how they just kept on coming kind of reminiscent of the T-1000 in some ways. The twist though jarring at first has settled more with me and like someone mentioned above between "Mandarin" and Killian they managed to show several sides of the Mandarin character and for me it worked. I also liked Don Cheadle allot more in this one compared to Iron Man 2 which is something I didn't expect.

On to the merchandise though I do feel that allot of companies are going to struggle to move figures of all the extra suits that they are making and it makes me wonder if they knew that the suits would feature but they didn't know that they would mostly be background material for Tony and Killian's showdown. having said that there is still a few that I like and would buy funds permitting based solely on the designs such as Gemini and Heartbreaker they didn't get much screentime but I like the designs but i would have to judge them as they come. I kinda feel more sorry for Play Imaginative because there's will be more expensive and even less likely to sell out now.

I think the most essential figures would be Mk. 42, Tony Stark and Mandarin though I do hope they make a glowing tattoed Killian because that would just look awesome, though if they did a light up Killian it would probably tick off the Green Lantern fans.

I have to agree although the suits were not showcased as much as i thought, if the ht heartbraker and more so gemini come put well i will get them, mandarin is a must depending on price

I would love the "god killer" (?) suit also. The one that separated in flight.
I'm one of those collectors that will try to get a lot of suits just because I like the idea of the display. (Same as me getting the avengers and batman villains)
I would expect a silver centurion as either a mms or diecast as I think it's the suit he wore the second most in the film. Nearly a whole minute maybe! Still I loved all the suits. Would have loved to see more of them especially in the hall of armour.

They should release a Pepper, with both the Stark Mansion's scene outfil and the one from the final battle (and the Iron Man arm, of course). Here the double outfit would work, because there aren't that many obvious accesories for her, other than those, and the second on is almost just underwear, while the first one appeared in every poster she featured!

A question to those who saw it.

What suit is the suit he jumps into in all the trailers?

Going off the trailer and freeze framing bare in mind its a really fast glimpse . It looks like a currently unnamed suit but it looks to be the MK15 or 16 at least that's what it looks like it says on the armor's shoulder.

Untitled.png

I don't recall him calling it anything when i watched it last night, to be honest that whole sequence is kind of hazy it happens so fast. It seems to be one of many random time filler suits, but that's all i've got on it is the glimpse of the shoulder marking. Maybe when its out everywhere more names will be revealed?

Going off the trailer and freeze framing bare in mind its a really fast glimpse . It looks like a currently unnamed suit but it looks to be the MK15 or 16 at least that's what it looks like it says on the armor's shoulder.

Untitled.png

That's the second stealth suit with sharp edges on the arms and legs, will post a pic in a bit (picture below)

So i've seen the film and thought it was decent overall, wasn't a fan of the extremis but still enjoyed the story and action.

Suits i want:

I would want the MK42 but Hot Toys isn't good enough with gaps all over the place so i'll pass on that unless it's fixed before release.

Now the 4 suits i want from IM3 are:

Shotgun - was great looking and had the most screen time other than MK42 & the Silver Centurion. Great fight scenes with the "true" Mandarin.

Gemini - barely featured but i love the design so still want it, plus it's a white Iron Man, makes a nice change.

The other stealth armor, don't know the mark or name atm:
t2ec16zhjguffhylipbbrdy.jpg

And finally the Silver Centurion - still debating whether i want it but if it gets made then i'll most likely get it.

Some thoughts on the others:
Igor - basically a table leg, no interest atm

Heartbreaker - not a fan of the design, didn't do much so no interest atm

MK VII - loved it, even more excited for it's release now

That's the second stealth suit with sharp edges on the arms and legs, will post a pic in a bit (picture below)

The other stealth armor, don't know the mark or name atm:
t2ec16zhjguffhylipbbrdy.jpg

It's called the Mk 15 in a tie in childrens book, there are two stealth armours the Mk 15 (Sneaky) and the Mk 16 (Nightclub).

On a side note the Nightclub armour that Play Imaginative are doing is black and silver but I could have sworn that that armour was red and gold in the film, Stark uses it in between the Silver Centurion and the Shotgun armours....

It must be another suit but the same design

It's called the Mk 15 in a tie in childrens book, there are two stealth armours the Mk 15 (Sneaky) and the Mk 16 (Nightclub).

On a side note the Nightclub armour that Play Imaginative are doing is black and silver but I could have sworn that that armour was red and gold in the film, Stark uses it in between the Silver Centurion and the Shotgun armours....

It must be another suit but the same design

Yeah the Nightclub was red and gold in the film, i remember thinking that i watched it

Back