Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most important thing for characters seems to be translating the look of them. thats why Green goblin gets a lot of stick.

Killian may have similar powers to the comics Mandarin but when there is a Mandarin in the movie that is being called "The Mandarin" and looks closer to the Mandarin comic counterpart then it doesn't matter what Killian does/says.

I'm not even a big Iron Man fan and i know that they screwed up not only translating the comic character but in advertising a badass menacing villain then turning him into a joke and pushing a less "cool" villain

Last edited:
The leap happens quite fast, In IM2 he had the suitcase armour which while still fantastical at least resemble reality. in this this just went up a nothc, a bit too far.

Even the telekenisis was just there at the beginning, i don't fully understand how it does it. did he inject magnets into his body so the parts know where to attatch and how did he relate that to his thoughts.

Difference being those are based on unknowing variables. The tech Stark uses is established in our reality for the most part, just slightly above ours. So it should remain in line with what is capable with tech within the next twenty years.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Btw He doesn't have magnets, he uses a chip, he desides what part to wear and when.. well he tries :lol I guess that will be enhaced now that Pepper was infected with Extremis.

Tony will improve the serum and I assume he'll use it on himself in the future, maybe Avengers 2.. who knows

So, as I've said before, after watching the movie I totally want to buy the Mark 42 from Hot Toys and also from Play Imaginative if I can.

The thing is though, the 1/4th scale PI version is gonna be very expensive and in die cast.. for that kind of money and quality I want it to be perfect. They got the proportions right but I'm not sure about scale. It says the height is 46 cm on the specs.

Well that would mean that a life size Mark 42 is 184 cm tall. Can that really be? I'm trying to find some info on the internet but I can't find anything. The Mark 4 is 195 cm tall.. If the suits are all the same height, shouldn't the PI figure be about 48.8 cm tall? Can the Mark 42 really be 11 cm shorter than the Mark 4..? Anyone more educated in this matter willing to help me here? :lol

21134_166326420195578_1975244547_n.jpg

at least because of Savin we get to see the best unibeam ever

:goodpost::exactly:

EDIT: In fact, I would bet that fans would be a lot more accepting of all of this if Killian was just given a different name. I would imagine that people would be mostly okay with him not being of Asian descent, but I think fans are having a difficult time reconciling that they've combined the characters of Aldrich Killian and the Mandarin into one."[/B]

:goodpost: Accepting the Killiandarin aspect of the movie made my second viewing better.

For me Killian was Killian and Mandarin was Mandarin until he became Trevor

Yeah, this is probably what's causing the fracas about the movie.

I never believed for a moment, that The Mandarin was the real threat.

Hence why he kind of bored me, up until the twist and the hilarious stuff that followed.

Me too, killian gave off that villain vibe right from the start when tony fobs him off in 1999, you could tell he would become the villain with a grudge. Trev on the other hand was a complete twist lol he was great. Made me laugh so much when he did this.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVZSD1EQU_Y[/ame]

:exactly: :goodpost:

Btw He doesn't have magnets, he uses a chip, he desides what part to wear and when.. well he tries :lol I guess that will be enhaced now that Pepper was infected with Extremis.

Tony will improve the serum and I assume he'll use it on himself in the future, maybe Avengers 2.. who knows

tony says in the ending monolog that pepper has extremis removed

IIRC, he only said he plans to do something about it.

no he says:

Spoiler Spoiler:

no he says:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ooh right! :hi5:

doesn't say specifically what happened. just a brief wrap up that its not active anymore in some fashion to get it out of the way since its use as a plot device is over :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well after seeing the film, Tony, 42, and Patriot are the only ones so far that are on my list. Everything else will just be extras, though I'll be on the lookout for what else Hot Toys announces.

That whole scene made me laug so hard I almost chocked on the hamburger was having :rotfl gotta love Trevor

Me too, killian gave off that villain vibe right from the start when tony fobs him off in 1999, you could tell he would become the villain with a grudge. Trev on the other hand was a complete twist lol he was great. Made me laugh so much when he did this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVZSD1EQU_Y

You knew Killian would be a villain but more a Justin Hammer side villain and not the big bad. Can't say that Trevor wasn't funny as hell but he wasn't right for an Iron
Man movie.

I don't get how people got really pissed at how Green Goblin wasn't in a more accurate costume, how Dr Doom wasn't done correct but accept that The Mandarin was turned into a joke and adapted much worse than those.

Is it just me that was quite happy at Tony beginning to show some mind control over his armour?

I've seen people complaining on here, and on Facebook that it's a step too far for him to be able to control his armour mentally, or that Killian can breathe fire.

I, for one, am ecstatic they decided to actually make a comic book film! Thanks to Batman, comic films now feel like they have to be darker, more edgier and with a 'realistic' feel to them. I don't want that, I want colourful guys in costumes beating the snot out of each other.

In the comis, the extemis virus allowed people to breathe fire, so Killian does it in the movie. Awesome.

In the comics, Tony's bio-suit that goes under his armour seeps through his pores before the suit assembles around him. Whilst that doesn't quite happen in this film, it's definitely closer.

We're talking about a regular bloke who doesn't get absolutely scrambled every time he takes a hit in a suit of armour, I think we lost realism a long time ago.

As for the figures, I can't say I'm desperate to buy any of the IM armours from the film as they just don't get enough time. The Mark 42 looks cool, but most of the time it's either out of action or Tony is only wearing one part of it.

The Iron Patriot looks cool, but he barely gets used so not sure if he warrants a spot on the shelf.

The Mandarin on the other hand, looks fantastic, was performed brilliantly (pre and post-twist) and would look good on the shelf.

You knew Killian would be a villain but more a Justin Hammer side villain and not the big bad. Can't say that Trevor wasn't funny as hell but he wasn't right for an Iron
Man movie.

I don't get how people got really pissed at how Green Goblin wasn't in a more accurate costume, how Dr Doom wasn't done correct but accept that The Mandarin was turned into a joke and adapted much worse than those.

I agree, Green Goblin and Doom were done much better than the Mandarin, i can see what Marvel were trying to do but it wasn't right. No-one truly expects an amazing story from a Marvel film, were mainly looking for our comic book heroes and stories being brought to life on the big screen.

Iron Man's had the 2 worst villains so far, Whiplash and Mandarin .

Anyway the most disappointing thing for me about the film is that it didn't do much to further the MCU

Back