Ironman 1:1 bust shiny polish

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best thing is to be gentle and patient. Give yourself a few days or sessions to do it. Its easy to get impatient when u realise how long it might take. Start with the faceshield as its the part you need to be most gentle with. Use as little polish as possible and work it gently to remove the layer of black paint. Then once you're done move onto the body.

Just remember that less is more here. If you feel that there is more you want to remove you can come back and do it. However once overdone, you cannot replace the paint save for repainting it.

Good hunting.

Are you guys polishing by hand or using a machine like an random-oribtal buffer? I'd likely go by hand as I'd be scared to burn through the paint w/ a machine.

fopflugel that looks pretty good. Myself, wouldn't have the guts to do it. I would've been scared for life if I accidentally fook up.

It's actually not that hard. The pic in the first post is 50% of the "polish job" that i 've did. This is the final version. Only polish, no paint, no sprays,...

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

This is what we should have got from SS FIRST TIME AROUND....we should not have to go out of our way after throwing down $700 to do this job ourselves. Shame on you SS for treating your devoted customers like this.
Good job man....THAT looks like a $700 IM bust.
See SS....thats all you had to do to these things and they would have flown off the shelves. Not turn them into sanded down cheaper looking versions of what they already were. Your battle damage looks like it was applied with white out and a silver marker..... UNACCEPTABLE.

Chris

Last edited:
Came back from my LCS and spoke to the guys there. Seems 80% of the guys who bought the bust sent theirs to a local artist to get it repainted. :horror

Bust is the way it should be, now can anybody help me with the finish on the SS Mk II prop replica. Buff marks running different directions on each panel, recessed area has sanding marks in it. Spoke to companies but all say I need to buff at a wheel, not very practical for shape. Any ideas? I want a high gloss finish that can be achieved by hand or Dremel

Just went to town on my ss bust and it looks great after the polish job! Definitely way better than it came from ss. I encourage anybody to do this to the bust, I used nu-polish from walmart ;)

But it's easy, just wax on, wax off...

NewKarateKid.jpg

PS: Is that photo creepy to anyone else?

Hell yes, that's the exact word i thought. Lol.....creeeepy
That bust looks insane! No reason at all, why it shouldn't come out of the box like that, for the price. Hell the HT one looks like that, but smaller, and cheaper. If they can do it in a smaller scale..... :monkey5:horror:monkey3

Back