Ironman 1:1 bust shiny polish

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robotcp

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been searching and i cant seem to find the thread where a member put a polish on their lifesize bust. Mine is just not shiny at all. Can someone provide the product and pictures please. Even when its under some light it looks very dull.

Here is a pic that i saved from someone that did it

DSC03162.jpg

Don't do it unless you're confident. The polish is actually taking a layer of paint off the bust and unless done correctly, you could end up with a hole in the paint job.

if you know of someone in the autobody industry, have them apply a urethane poly coating. it's a two part mixture that hardens like rock, well not quite:rolleyes:. but it really makes the paint on what ever your working on look 10 times deeper than original.

i've used it on some applications and it really turns out good.

or if you want to go the cheap route, you can purchase a high gloss spray on coating from a paint shop, but i would first try it on a small spot first before spraying the whole statue.

It's actually not that hard. The pic in the first post is 50% of the "polish job" that i 've did. This is the final version. Only polish, no paint, no sprays,...

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

That does look amazing, tha'ts how they should have come standard...

why do you guys need a tutorial video? dont you know how to polish something? :lol

why do you guys need a tutorial video? dont you know how to polish something? :lol

Its not as easy as it sounds. Like i said, the polish is actually removing paint off the bust. So not only must you do it slowly and gently, you need to be alert to where paint application is much thinner or risk a hole in the paint job and that is anytime worse than the uneven paint it comes with. :monkey1

Its not as easy as it sounds. Like i said, the polish is actually removing paint off the bust. So not only must you do it slowly and gently, you need to be alert to where paint application is much thinner or risk a hole in the paint job and that is anytime worse than the uneven paint it comes with. :monkey1

I've rubbed like hell and hard. My finger hurts after it. The towel that i've used for it was black/dark bordeaux after it.

It removed fingerspots and small scratches. So it was def. worth doing it. Now it feels like a new car.

I've rubbed like hell and hard. My finger hurts after it. The towel that i've used for it was black/dark bordeaux after it.

It removed fingerspots and small scratches. So it was def. worth doing it. Now it feels like a new car.

I assume that was not how it went with the face plate? The red parts are not so bad. Do that on the gold faceplate and you might see what i mean.

Nevrer under estimate a good polish it does a body good, just look at Ironman.

Back