Statue Iron Studios Welcome To Jurassic Park diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dio looks good, but that standalone piece makes me think of a circus dog performer:lol

Agreed - am only interested in the full dio - I like it though would have maybe liked the Jeep in the dio rather then the characters.

Expensive but I think I’ll pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I agree, it should've included the Jeep for sure....
The close up pics of the 3 characters are not that great, I hope they improve for final product.
But yea I'll order for sure.

Yea I agree, it should've included the Jeep for sure....
The close up pics of the 3 characters are not that great, I hope they improve for final product.
But yea I'll order for sure.

It’s up for preorder from Popcultcha. It’s been awhile since they got something up before Sideshow.

It’s $999.99 AUD for the standalone or $1,499.99 AUD for the diorama. I was hoping that it would have a early preorder discount, which wasn’t likely but has happened once or twice before on Iron Studio pieces.

Damn these pieces that are drenched in nostalgia.

Hopefully it comes up for sale on Sideshow - I’m in Canada and would rather not go on another payment plan with Chronicle

Sure hope so - I noticed that CC is pushing a rush on ordering for By March 1 and it’s still not up on SS site

If I have to I’ll PO through IronstudiosUS

.......and then on 2nd of March it suddenly appears on Sideshows website.

Yeah exactly - I’m not interested in ordering from CC since they do not take PO payment but rather make you pay monthly.

Now that they are more established I wish they would offer that plan also, I prefer the deposit option as opposed to the monthly or full pay.

Now that they are more established I wish they would offer that plan also, I prefer the deposit option as opposed to the monthly or full pay.

I actually wish Sideshow did monthly, to spread the payments even more. Not that I can’t afford paying larger instalments, but more in the case so I can hedge against currency devaluations.

I actually wish Sideshow did monthly, to spread the payments even more. Not that I can’t afford paying larger instalments, but more in the case so I can hedge against currency devaluations.

They can do monthly - lots of options at SS

Wouldn't it be better to pay in full or do larger payments on your own schedule when the rate is in your favor?

They can do monthly - lots of options at SS

I meant over a longer period, with payments for every month from original preorder date to expected shipping date. I had a piece where my next payment after the NRD wasn’t for a year! And during that time my currency had gone down quite a bit. At the moment I believe Sideshow does the NRD and a maximum of 8 additional payments on a payment plan.

Wouldn't it be better to pay in full or do larger payments on your own schedule when the rate is in your favor?

Yeah it would...... one problem though. How am I to know when it’ll be in my favour over a 1 to 2 year period? I could make a fortune on the market if I knew that one.

Yeah it would...... one problem though. How am I to know when it’ll be in my favour over a 1 to 2 year period? I could make a fortune on the market if I knew that one.
If it were me I would do a quick study the market and judge when it is to your benefit then pay. It's not a perfect system without omniscience, but better than just paying every month regardless of rate.

If it were me I would do a quick study the market and judge when it is to your benefit then pay. It's not a perfect system without omniscience, but better than just paying every month regardless of rate.

Unfortunately recently anytime a major US or Chinese politician says something it's had a significant effect on the upswings and downswings on the value of the Australian dollar, given that we trade so much with China. And given how unpredictable some politicians are I think that it's even harder to determine what's going on, than it is deciphering the normal movements in the stock market etc.

But in either case, if I had spread my payments since preorder I would've saved a bit, given that the Aussie dollar has decreased recently, but given that I didn't start paying some of my flex payments until recently I've lost out as Sideshow to the best of my knowledge doesn't allow us to pay any payments beside the NRD too far out from the shipping date.

I just used a $20 coupon and placed a pre-ordered for the solo Brachiosaurus �� Gotta love Sideshow's flexpay :p I love the full diorama version but I just don't have the space for it in my collection room right now. So the solo one will have to do. What do you guys think the edition numbers will be? The Chronicle Collectible JP merch has been limited to 300 lately. Wonder if these will be the same? Either way, I'm excited! I'v been waiting a long time to add another Jurassic statue in my collection to go along with the "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" T-Rex and Raptors one from Sideshow I got back in the day, glad to see a couple of companies are picking up where SS left off for their own Dino line, can't wait!

brachiosaurus_jurassic-park_gallery_5c61ac9a079ae.jpg

Back