Iron Studios: Jurassic Park - 1:10 T-Rex Attack Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived today just in time for Christmas.
Set A number 189 Set B number 121.
Wonder if anyone got matching numbers?

IMG_1621.jpg

Arrived today just in time for Christmas.
Set A number 189 Set B number 121.
Wonder if anyone got matching numbers?

View attachment 473609

I wish I had the space for these larger Iron Studio diorama pieces, but I decided to only get the much smaller Raptor in Kitchen piece with Tim (and to this day I still dream that they actually managed to get their snack).

I wish I had the space for these larger Iron Studio diorama pieces, but I decided to only get the much smaller Raptor in Kitchen piece with Tim (and to this day I still dream that they actually managed to get their snack).

How did that turn out, I want to try and pick that up next month.

How did that turn out, I want to try and pick that up next month.

Honestly I don’t know...yet. It’s still to get to me. Not only is Popcultcha’s processing times longer than usual, Australia Post is taking up to twice as long as usual to get parcels to me.

Hopefully I get it by Tuesday, as they’ll be closed on Wednesday and Thursday.

Honestly I don’t know...yet. It’s still to get to me. Not only is Popcultcha’s processing times longer than usual, Australia Post is taking up to twice as long as usual to get parcels to me.

Hopefully I get it by Tuesday, as they’ll be closed on Wednesday and Thursday.

Ok let us know when you get it.

I'm putting this together now and I'm very happy how this has turned out. The weather effects are pretty spectacular, the puddles of watch look real, even the T Rex has rain drops on him. The kids look very good under the car. As usual with most of these pieces, pictures just don't do them justice. In hand looks amazing.
Unfortunately the T Rex has a broken front tooth, remarkable it was lodged between teeth at the back of his mouth. I shouldn't have any problem glueing it back on, you won't notice it.

Finally finished setting this up. Wasn't too bad to put together, actually rather fun because you can fluff up the foliage and the wires how you like it. I feel I've got a nice natural look.

So all up I had 4 issues with this set.
1. Front tooth on the T Rex missing, found it and glued back on can't see the repair.
2. Rear bumper on the car broken off. Again the repair in invisible as I was able to glue back in the holes.
3. Top of 1 of the pylons broken off. I've see others have this issue, no problem gluing back on, crack is visible though but only if you look for it.
4. The road pieces are different levels, one of them was about 5mm out. I had to level them myself, I just used rubber washes. Looks good now.

Let me just say that even with these issues, I'm very happy how this turned out. No regrets, this is a must for any die hard Jurassic Park fans.
The cars are quite big and look fantastic, the light up features are spectacular, I like how the lights on one car shine on the kids in the other.
The rain effects are on everything, even the foliage. I love how you can play with the wires, and the humans look fantastic, really good paint app.
Hope you enjoy the pics.

IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg

These damages are annoying, I have detached wires from the pole on the right (I had to stick) and a broken red light in the fence

I really love this Dio, it looks so cool.But honestly hearing about all the broken parts is very disconcerting.Hope Iron has replacements for SS.

Well I'm not able to get the whole set but did manage to pick up the explorer. I am really happy with it, think it looks great in person
Screenshot_20200111-180319_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200111-195817_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200111-180346_Instagram.jpg

So anyone know if there's any major differences between the stand along Rex and the Dio Rex aside from some rain drop effects on the body?

I was going to buy the diorama but I don't like the look of Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm, for the amount of money it costs, they could've been brushed up a bit better IMO. However, the piece as a whole is pretty awesome.

Back