Iron Studios: Jurassic Park - 1:10 T-Rex Attack Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered this through Ironstudios and got an invoice e-mail on Thursday, they are asking for $280 for shipping to the UK(which is about £215).

Not to mention I would probably have to pay a crap load in customs, so I decided not to go through with the order even though I will lose my deposit.

It's ready to ship? Got mine through CC. Hope shipping isn't too much, although I am in the states so it shouldn't be as bad as yours.

I pre-ordered this through Ironstudios and got an invoice e-mail on Thursday, they are asking for $280 for shipping to the UK(which is about £215).

Not to mention I would probably have to pay a crap load in customs, so I decided not to go through with the order even though I will lose my deposit.

What did you expect? Shipping between the U.K. and US is bad enough normally, and this thing is bloody huge! I'd say £215 is a bargain. Look at what retailers over here are asking for - £3000 for the whole diorama, and that's not even including postage! Buying direct from IS or Sideshow or Chrinicle is £2000 right? So I presumed shipping and tax should come close to another grand. I would gladly take your waitlist!

What did you expect? Shipping between the U.K. and US is bad enough normally, and this thing is bloody huge! I'd say £215 is a bargain. Look at what retailers over here are asking for - £3000 for the whole diorama, and that's not even including postage! Buying direct from IS or Sideshow or Chrinicle is £2000 right? So I presumed shipping and tax should come close to another grand. I would gladly take your waitlist!

Shipping to Australia was around $800 so 215 is a good deal. Man I hope you don't regret cancelling.
If it's this close to shipping I'm surprised we don't have any production pics yet.

It was just for the stand alone t-rex not the whole diorama :lol, It would have cost me around £1,000 by the time I paid customs.

There are other UK retailers selling this for around £715, so I might still get one.

It was just for the stand alone t-rex not the whole diorama :lol, It would have cost me around £1,000 by the time I paid customs.

There are other UK retailers selling this for around £715, so I might still get one.

Ah, I see! What retailers are you looking at? Dark side collectibles?

Ah, I see! What retailers are you looking at? Dark side collectibles?

I will probably get it from Collectiblesdirect, they have it for £715. Still alot, but I don't think I'm gonna get it any cheaper elsewhere.

Are you looking to get the whole diorama?

I will probably get it from Collectiblesdirect, they have it for £715. Still alot, but I don't think I'm gonna get it any cheaper elsewhere.

Are you looking to get the whole diorama?

I'm hoping to, or at least set A with the Rex and car. I've seen it on dark side and statuesque for £3000, but I'll check out the one you mentioned as I hadn't heard of it before.

Got my rexy on Thursday, good luck finding room to anyone getting the whole diorama this thing is huge
Snapshot_20190314_2.jpgSnapshot_20190314.jpg

Excuse the rubbish quality, it doesn't do this thing justice.

I still can't imagine how big the box is going to be for the full Dio, when you watch the Rex unboxing, those boxes are huge. Surely this will come in multiple boxes right? Production pics must be close now?

I still can't imagine how big the box is going to be for the full Dio, when you watch the Rex unboxing, those boxes are huge. Surely this will come in multiple boxes right? Production pics must be close now?

Let’s hope - especially with shipping and customs to pay it will be crazy if it’s massive - I remember ARH’s Medusa was in a massive box - shipping was crazy - after that they split the big ones up in multiple boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got it today, gotta admit I wasn't prepared for the sheer size, excellent sculpt and great film accuracy of it :). I know I have been pretty critical of it before but seeing some of the pics here really pushed me over the edge of purchasing it. Yeah the paint while not prototype good is still pretty decent, I might put a slight gloss on its back to simulate rain. But overall I'm mighty impressed with it and it is now my Ultimate T. Rex among my Sideshow Tyrant King and the CC Breakout Rex.
Some quick snaps here with old Iphone.
56262519_10156881966070289_7176047004722659328_o.jpg
56157710_10156881965645289_5251296765805592576_o.jpg
55802371_10156881966140289_7693225397181218816_o.jpg
56306758_10156881966210289_7563548394505895936_o.jpg

Just got it today, gotta admit I wasn't prepared for the sheer size, excellent sculpt and great film accuracy of it :). I know I have been pretty critical of it before but seeing some of the pics here really pushed me over the edge of purchasing it. Yeah the paint while not prototype good is still pretty decent, I might put a slight gloss on its back to simulate rain. But overall I'm mighty impressed with it and it is now my Ultimate T. Rex among my Sideshow Tyrant King and the CC Breakout Rex.

Can you take a picture by comparing it with Tyrant sideshow?

holy s... I thought that Tyrant is big ;) thanks for comparison

I bought a diorama and I do not know where I will put it :)

I bought Dio A and it will be amazing standing on the Jeep and with all the cooler base and all the tree foliage - it’s going to be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back