Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: If Iron Studios is only doing 2-3 statues from each license they have, another Cap is a huge waste. Fingers crossed it's someone new, otherwise I'll be saving my money.

I agree. I am one of those that bought both Cap and Iron Man and would never buy another of these two characters. I have to imagine that's true for a lot of people who bought them. In this industry, you want repeat patrons you know you can rely on to spend the money. With another set of tiny edition sizes, it may not matter, though.

Here is the thing.. Making another Cap to Iron Studios and many other fans out there is not a waste.. They only made 400 of the other one... So 400 people will think it's a waste (or not) while many others will be looking forward to getting their own IS Cap.. Perhaps with a pose that shows off the shield better or something... Which is frankly the biggest reason I don;t bite the bullet on the piece that is already out there...

So I don't think it's a waste at all.

I agree. I am one of those that bought both Cap and Iron Man and would never buy another of these two characters. I have to imagine that's true for a lot of people who bought them. In this industry, you want repeat patrons you know you can rely on to spend the money. With another set of tiny edition sizes, it may not matter, though.

On the plus side, though, it'd be nice to save my money because I'm REAAAAAALLY hoping for some amazing Star Wars statues from them. :rotfl

Well, they'll make what they make. Time will tell.

If the pose is kick-ass (cause we already know the sculpt will be fine). I'll probably by a CW Cap.

If the pose is kick-ass (cause we already know the sculpt will be fine). I'll probably by a CW Cap.

For the price point, I can't afford two Iron Studios statues of the same character. I have to sell off other collectibles to afford these puppies, and for me personally that wouldn't be worth it if I'm buying a "repeat."

If the CW one was somehow drastically cooler than the Ultron one, maybe I'd sell the first Cap to buy the second one, but I dunno... This guy is pretty cool. Love the base.

This guy is pretty cool. Love the base.

Lol, I still need to fix my base.

I was thinking about keeping this piece forever but now I'm reconsidering. I like Cap but he is not even close to being my favorite character, so this might be up for sale in the future. Got a back up Winter Soldier Cap statue coming to me from overseas. I know it can't compete with the IS Cap, but maybe it will take the sting out of getting rid of him, if that's what I decide to do.

Lol, I still need to fix my base.

I was thinking about keeping this piece forever but now I'm reconsidering. I like Cap but he is not even close to being my favorite character, so this might be up for sale in the future. Got a back up Winter Soldier Cap statue coming to me from overseas. I know it can't compete with the IS Cap, but maybe it will take the sting out of getting rid of him, if that's what I decide to do.

I doubt it. The likeness on the Winter Soldier Cap is no where on the level as the Iron Studios version.

Damn shame because SS had plenty of time to improve it.

I doubt it. The likeness on the Winter Soldier Cap is no where on the level as the Iron Studios version.

Damn shame because SS had plenty of time to improve it.

I think SSC might have done this on purpose... Perhaps they don't have to pay Chris Evans now... I mean it really looks nothing like him. Nothing at all. So I can't see why he would get $$ for his likeness being used.

Which is fine for those who don't want "movie" statues... Even thought the outfit is based on a film the face helps it fit in with comic statutes also.

It's not the sideshow statue. I saw the face on that thing in comic con footage. Couldn't help but think of:

Here is the thing.. Making another Cap to Iron Studios and many other fans out there is not a waste.. They only made 400 of the other one... So 400 people will think it's a waste (or not) while many others will be looking forward to getting their own IS Cap.. Perhaps with a pose that shows off the shield better or something... Which is frankly the biggest reason I don;t bite the bullet on the piece that is already out there...

So I don't think it's a waste at all.
I'm desperately looking for a is cap jealous ;\
On the plus side, though, it'd be nice to save my money because I'm REAAAAAALLY hoping for some amazing Star Wars statues from them. :rotfl

Well, they'll make what they make. Time will tell.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I'm desperately looking for a is cap jealous ;\

If you really want one just bite the bullet and get it. They're still out there but you aren't going to find any at the original price, and they are only going to get more expensive as they sell out. Are you in the US?

If you really want one just bite the bullet and get it. They're still out there but you aren't going to find any at the original price, and they are only going to get more expensive as they sell out. Are you in the US?
Yes and the only one I see is 1300. Too much for me

Agreed. If you don't make a move soon, it's going to be harder to acquire.

There is also the possibility that Iron Studios will produce a 1/4 Cap from Civil War, but they've only announced the license.

After thinking long and hard, looks like I'm gonna let go of mine.

How did you come to that decision? I'm still waiting for my King Arts Cap to get here from Malaysia before I make my decision, but I'm leaning toward keeping the IS Cap. It just looks so good.

How you guys feel about this? It appears ES is larger than 400 since there is at least one special run available also...

Photo from Facebook group "Statue Collectors"

captain.JPG

Back