Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love my Cap it makes me want Thor and Iron Man to arrive even more! The trinity together on one shelf is going to be an absolutely epic look!

As much as I love my Cap it makes me want Thor and Iron Man to arrive even more! The trinity together on one shelf is going to be an absolutely epic look!

Envy and applaud anyone in position to acquire all 3 - I am not, but really curious about Thor and IM. A stunning tribute to the MCU on the shelf.

I can?t even put into words how satisfied I am with this statue. I?ve owned a lot and it takes that much to impress me but this has done just that, and then some.

Great review and straight to the point. Personally haven't owned much - the CW and some WETA - but for me this is a signature Cap. Almost tempted to pick up the basic version too *greedy*. It's just such a great Cap and since I use bookshelves IMO easy to work with re display, being mostly vertical. He's also a nice accent against the CW 1/4 pieces.

This is my first 1/4 scale and indeed my first statue of any type from Sideshow or Iron Studios. I am thrilled with it! The level of detail is amazing, and it all feels very substantial and solid. As some others have noted, the unhelmeted sculpt looks better in person than in photos, and the pose is so attractive--there's something kind of noble about it, which is perfect for Cap. It's a truly handsome piece, and I'm so happy that I took the plunge and bought it.

This is my first 1/4 scale and indeed my first statue of any type from Sideshow or Iron Studios. I am thrilled with it! The level of detail is amazing, and it all feels very substantial and solid. As some others have noted, the unhelmeted sculpt looks better in person than in photos, and the pose is so attractive--there's something kind of noble about it, which is perfect for Cap. It's a truly handsome piece, and I'm so happy that I took the plunge and bought it.

Congrats:) - yeah, I remember that first 1/4 scale (Iron Studios Black Panther). It's like u step up in the world, or something:cool:. (Tho it was pretty nerve wracking until that box got opened). Totally agree about the sculpt and paint - there are subtle nuances cameras don't seem to pick up vs. in hand. The sharpness of the cheeks and jawline. Agree there's a nobility about this piece, which IMO is fitting considering the character and character history.

IMO Iron Studios knocked this one out of the park, especially pulling off a full portrait (again) with gorgeous production paint including the weathering.

A couple things about future statues from this line were kind of given away by this piece. The first is that it looks like Thor has the same cheap hammer which is unfortunate. I have to wonder if the axe will be cheap plastic also.

However I am now pretty optimistic that the Tony sculpt will be a nice representation of RDJ. In hand I was pretty surprised by the Steve sculpt, from pics I thought it was pretty below average but in person I think it's actually pretty good. And from pictures I thought the Tony sculpt was better than the Steve already.

Congrats:) - yeah, I remember that first 1/4 scale (Iron Studios Black Panther). It's like u step up in the world, or something:cool:. (Tho it was pretty nerve wracking until that box got opened). Totally agree about the sculpt and paint - there are subtle nuances cameras don't seem to pick up vs. in hand. The sharpness of the cheeks and jawline. Agree there's a nobility about this piece, which IMO is fitting considering the character and character history.

IMO Iron Studios knocked this one out of the park, especially pulling off a full portrait (again) with gorgeous production paint including the weathering.
Lol, I was tricked too
ec42d3415f286dbfa99a7fa5caebac2f.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

A couple things about future statues from this line were kind of given away by this piece. The first is that it looks like Thor has the same cheap hammer which is unfortunate. I have to wonder if the axe will be cheap plastic also.

However I am now pretty optimistic that the Tony sculpt will be a nice representation of RDJ. In hand I was pretty surprised by the Steve sculpt, from pics I thought it was pretty below average but in person I think it's actually pretty good. And from pictures I thought the Tony sculpt was better than the Steve already.

Well. Yeah. For myself usually prefer metal even with HTs. Tho I hafta say like for the "metal" parts of the CW fig bases, the effect was so good I was tapping to check metal vs. plastic. On the other hand, a heavy accessory can drag at a fig.

For myself the hammer isn't a huge thing re display. Can see tho how some wouldn't want cheap hammers tho.

Agreed on all fronts, although the plastic hammer doesn't bother me as I wouldn't know it was plastic unless I picked it up. Just viewing it on the shelf it looks fine, however the hammer always struck me as substantial and heavy (probably because of the "must be worthy" aspect of it), so it does seem like it should've been polystone and sculpted into the hand like the hand holding the helmet was.

Agreed on all fronts, although the plastic hammer doesn't bother me as I wouldn't know it was plastic unless I picked it up. Just viewing it on the shelf it looks fine, however the hammer always struck me as substantial and heavy (probably because of the "must be worthy" aspect of it), so it does seem like it should've been polystone and sculpted into the hand like the hand holding the helmet was.

The hammer doesn't look bad, but it should look better imo. If Hot Toys can do nicely detailed metal in 1/6 for $230, this should be metal in 1/4 for $800. I won't buy it if someone brings up weight as a problem either. As you said earlier, I have magnetic armed statues that are very strong. You slot the arm, feel a strong pull, followed by that satisfying click.

The people saying the hammer isn't heavy enough / isn't metal confuse me. A statue or figure has never been about weight to me, it's about what it looks like. And you can't tell what something weighs by looking at it

Yea I mean, it looks pretty damn good IMO. I commented it felt like cheap plastic but in display, who cares! It looks great. I hope they make a black widow as well!

The people saying the hammer isn't heavy enough / isn't metal confuse me. A statue or figure has never been about weight to me, it's about what it looks like. And you can't tell what something weighs by looking at it

It might be an intangible thing, but a lot of us wouldn’t be buying these things if they were 100% made from a light material like PVC or vinyl etc. Right or wrong to many a Statue is something with at least a bit of heft.

But in most reviews I’ve watched it hasn’t just been that it’s been made out of hollow plastic (many accessories are made out of plastic etc nowadays), but that it’s extremely flimsy and feels like it could break while assembling.

But it’s kind of funny or somewhat ironic that Hot Toy figures have metal shields and Mjolnirs’, but on a statue they’re made out of plastic.

Finally got to unboxing this and Thanos. They really did a fantastic job on Captain. Please Iron Studios make a BlackWidow!

Great pics! I'd luv if IS tackled Widow or "assassin" Winter Soldier in 1/4; but - who know what their license is etc.

It might be an intangible thing, but a lot of us wouldn?t be buying these things if they were 100% made from a light material like PVC or vinyl etc. Right or wrong to many a Statue is something with at least a bit of heft.

But in most reviews I?ve watched it hasn?t just been that it?s been made out of hollow plastic (many accessories are made out of plastic etc nowadays), but that it?s extremely flimsy and feels like it could break while assembling.

But it?s kind of funny or somewhat ironic that Hot Toy figures have metal shields and Mjolnirs?, but on a statue they?re made out of plastic.

Well, yeah - at least to me, they're supposed to be STATUES. LOL I think HT has been backtracking some. At least, the last Cap I bought (Concept) has plastic shields. I was a bit more surprised about the weaker magnets on one arm. Not a deal breaker and fixable but IS had IMO been pretty good about that kind of thing e.g. strong magnets.

The hammer doesn't look horrible but it's just ok. And compared to the HT which uses actual metal the HT blows the IS hammer away no contest. Not sure what's confusing about that.

Can someone please take a picture of the bottom of their caps base so i can see where the felt pads are positioned and how many are supposed to be there? My base is not stable, feels like its going to tip over if you blow on it. Mine has 4 felt pads on the bottom. Needless to say the base is out but the statue is back in the styrofoam box. Something has to be wrong, even with the statue off it can easily be rocked forward

Can someone please take a picture of the bottom of their caps base so i can see where the felt pads are positioned and how many are supposed to be there? My base is not stable, feels like its going to tip over if you blow on it. Mine has 4 felt pads on the bottom. Needless to say the base is out but the statue is back in the styrofoam box. Something has to be wrong, even with the statue off it can easily be rocked forward

Read previous comments, and watch a couple of the YouTube reviews, it's been mentioned to be an issue.

Yep just look at the pic a couple posts up of Thanos and Cap. The Thanos base is completely solid all the way around. The Cap base is only making solid contact with the floor about 2/3 across which means there is just enough weight in the back to support the front. Not a defect but cosmetic design choice. I like the look of it, but it will potentially tip easier than other statues.

Back