Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine and setup. It's a terrific piece. IS really does a masterful job of sculpting fabric and giving it a mixed media appearance. I also found the magnets to be a little weaker than expected but I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be. They're weak, but not dangerously so. I started with Mojlnir full shield and helmeted head sculpt but definitely see myself switching out occasionally. The paint app on the Evans sculpt is way better in person than in photos as there's some additional shading and depth that gets washed out with the camera. Also got Thanos who is an absolute beast and beautiful as well. If they nail Thor and Iron Man, my setup will be perfect.

Got mine in and set up. It looks amazing in person. No issues with paint. It looks like Evans.

My complaints are the quality of Mjolnir -- it's light and hollow and doesn't fit the handle perfectly. As I tried connecting them, I felt like I would break it. I even heard a crack.
The front of the vase could use another pad. It's a bit front-heavy. If you have it, push down on the front where his foot is and you'll see.

Overall, I'm very very happy.
5107fdd129a13ed021f5364001153e7a.jpg
75eaa0cbc3946cd0dee755f669ff2722.jpg
fef71491403f3ed5d83dfab4b731d906.jpg
f68936ff6db656f19abae233bdc6e610.jpg
cc1a1ca23e6b0330a6056c92096de1d6.jpg
570d947947ec92cc1f351fc9a3c82209.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh one more. Comparison to Neca's 1/4 scale figure just for fun.
961cab5bc8b44820aa78c75e3c6b006b.jpg

Actually, I also found the magnets to be kinda weak. It sorta felt like they were engineering it to be both magnet and angle that held the arms in. It is a bit of a concern as if the magnet weakens, the arm prob will fall out and shatter. Something to keep in mind.

Yeah, tho I didn't test every arm - the arm holding helmet I added some Tac-It in socket (keep remembering comments about Sideshow's Kier where the arm would fall and shatter). The broken shield arm seems almost un-moveable once put in.

Overall, for me - am THRILLED. LUV the full portrait - suppose this is production paint but very impressed with the delicate shades and tones. IMO pics don't do justice and for me anyway this piece is more than just End Game - it evokes (in theory) the century of Cap's long life and how he started as a young man in a World War (really wish IW had had a conversation between Bucky and Cap along those lines).

For me it's THE Ultimate Cap. I'd like to display him with the U.S. flag or some WW memorabilia. Great "end battle" heroic pose and expression. It's nice to have options tho if I want to change up. Proto quality - letting him air out a bit then he'll go under glass. No real complaints just a magnificent piece that deserves better pics than I can make. The entire edition of this Cap deserves to sell out IMO.

Iron_studios_CaptainAmerica_EG1.jpg

Iron_studios_CaptainAmerica_EG4.jpg

Iron_studios_CaptainAmerica_EG3.jpg

Yeah they're not ideal. Not sure they'll fall off, but I don't love it.

Right. You want to feel that pull and hear the click when you put the pieces together. Thanos has better magnets but also has a pretty robust engineering job to allow the interchangeable arms without seams.

Got mine in and set up. It looks amazing in person. No issues with paint. It looks like Evans.

My complaints are the quality of Mjolnir -- it's light and hollow and doesn't fit the handle perfectly. As I tried connecting them, I felt like I would break it. I even heard a crack.
The front of the vase could use another pad. It's a bit front-heavy. If you have it, push down on the front where his foot is and you'll see.

Overall, I'm very very happy.

I found some small clear silicone pads that my uses to hold things in place on shelves upstairs and put a couple on the front underside of the base and that helped with the front heaviness considerably. It was almost uncomfortable how easy it was to tip forward.

I found some small clear silicone pads that my uses to hold things in place on shelves upstairs and put a couple on the front underside of the base and that helped with the front heaviness considerably. It was almost uncomfortable how easy it was to tip forward.

interesting, I didn't notice that. to be fair, I had it out for about 30 min and he went back in the box:lol.

I can?t even put into words how satisfied I am with this statue. I?ve owned a lot and it takes that much to impress me but this has done just that, and then some.

B18BB5CC-A52C-4554-A8B4-7784FEF9B0AE.jpeg

I initially unboxed mine on carpet and I immediately put a rolled up piece of paper under the front to be sure it wouldn't tip.

I initially unboxed mine on carpet and I immediately put a rolled up piece of paper under the front to be sure it wouldn't tip.

It’s can be a bit risky unboxing statues on carpet or any type of mat etc.

I usually like to put a fabric soft cover on my table as I unbox pieces, but I’ve found for smaller 1/10 scale Iron Studio statues it’s somewhat risky as they’re prone to tip dependent on their centre of gravity.

Popcultcha has yet to send mine out, so in the meantime I better make sure I have some spare felt pads etc for the base somewhere.

My first 1/4 scale statue. Consider me impressed. Apologies in advance if too many photos in one go. Same quirks that other folks have experienced as well. The magnet is kinda weak on the right arms but the left arm with the shield locks in like a champ. Mjolnir is kinda light weight, but I guess that's expected if you don't want the arm to fall out the socket. I think I'll stick with the helmeted look though, but the switch out parts is a nice to have to vary the look up a bit.

IMG-4141.jpg

IMG-4146.jpg

IMG-4147.jpg

IMG-4149.jpg

IMG-4151.jpg

IMG-4153.jpg

Do you all think a Detolf shelf could withstand the weight of this piece? I?d like to put mine in one but I?m hesitant because I don?t know the weight limit of the shelf.

Do you all think a Detolf shelf could withstand the weight of this piece? I?d like to put mine in one but I?m hesitant because I don?t know the weight limit of the shelf.

They are stronger than most give them credit for. But personally I wouldn't risk it. I remember a pic of one that failed with a statue in it and it wasn't pretty.

If you were to double up the glass and reinforce the glass support notches with some metal holders, it would be fine. But to be safe, just put cap on the bottom.

If you were to double up the glass and reinforce the glass support notches with some metal holders, it would be fine. But to be safe, just put cap on the bottom.

Yep in the bottom with a small riser underneath is prob how I'll do it

...but Cap is not a bottom shelf quality piece! I counter with placing Cap on TOP of the detolf. The wooden top will certainly support him and allow him to regally look down upon the rest of your collection :)

Back