Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to see how the gold paint of Thanos's armor turned out. The HT version is really good. Crazy that it's shipped but it seems nobody has seen a pic.

Thursday can?t come soon enough!!! All pics have been great so far, I?m looking forward to unboxing mine

This piece is incredible. IS did an amazing job getting the final production piece so close to the prototype. I?m also not sure what the hate for the unmasked portrait is, I think they got a damn good sculpt and the likeness is certainly there. If it had a little better paint app it would have been a home run Evans sculpt.

f6cbdc2fc5585b78a13a72b7cddd0c75.jpg

226fd8c00b04cb6f16966b9eb3d9e974.jpg

29c18ea5fc9d9bf42d541f2124b1865c.jpg

This is the best statue likeness we've had so far IMO

Are you talking about all statues or just MCU Cap?

Imo just for their MCU line it’s probably the least successful 1/4 full face sculpt that Iron Studios have released for their MCU line. I have all the others and the rest imo are better as far as likeness go.

This piece is incredible. IS did an amazing job getting the final production piece so close to the prototype. I?m also not sure what the hate for the unmasked portrait is, I think they got a damn good sculpt and the likeness is certainly there. If it had a little better paint app it would have been a home run Evans sculpt.

I got spoiled from the superb 1/4 scale Bucky and Falcon. Until HT's IW Bucky I'd say Iron Studios was the ONLY company to nail Bucky, and that's only in 1/4.

Plus, they'd had at least two 1/4 Caps, had the eyes/nose down, so figured their 1/4 full portrait would be awesome. I don't hate the sculpt and will probably use it. From pics IMO it's pretty good. A bit soft-looking, especially around the jaw. So it looks like Evans but a bit stylized. A top custom painter could probably tweak with some shading, too. (Also, a while ago spent some time on the statue forum - apparently there is no end to the horrors that can happen proto to production:horror; at least the IS 1/4 seem to be near to proto quality, or equal to)

For me tho from pics - mine is due in tomorrow:panic: - the quality is there. Thank u for posting pics!

I got spoiled from the superb 1/4 scale Bucky and Falcon. Until HT's IW Bucky I'd say Iron Studios was the ONLY company to nail Bucky, and that's only in 1/4.

Plus, they'd had at least two 1/4 Caps, had the eyes/nose down, so figured their 1/4 full portrait would be awesome. I don't hate the sculpt and will probably use it. From pics IMO it's pretty good. A bit soft-looking, especially around the jaw. So it looks like Evans but a bit stylized. A top custom painter could probably tweak with some shading, too. (Also, a while ago spent some time on the statue forum - apparently there is no end to the horrors that can happen proto to production:horror; at least the IS 1/4 seem to be near to proto quality, or equal to)

For me tho from pics - mine is due in tomorrow:panic: - the quality is there. Thank u for posting pics!

Mine is due tomorrow as well. It's currently one state away! Come on UPS, don't let me down! :)

Mine is due tomorrow as well. It's currently one state away! Come on UPS, don't let me down! :)

I know, right? Probably different for long-term 1/4 collectors, but, aaaaahhhh - I still remember opening my first 1/4 scale and being blown away - which happened to be the CW Black Panther.

There's a lot of DRAMA and STRESS to this hobby - total mind/body workout, really:cool:

Have it unboxed. The Evans head is better in hand than it photographs. I think it's usable if inclined. The overall quality does seem in line with their Civil War Cap which I also own. This one is really weathered and dirty and they did a great job with this. Great pose on this one.

I do have a few complaints. As someone stated before Thor's hammer feels very cheap. The magnets in the arms are kinda weak. So much so that they wobble when you let go after slotting them. Which could explain the cheap plastic hammer. The shield seems almost laughably big, it has to be like 1/3 larger than the Civil War shield. I'll always use the broken one because it minimizes this. However the single tone silver break line of the broken shield appears too clean and not appropriately weathered. Mine has something rattling around inside the hollow body too. The broken glass piece that fits into the base is loose, I put a piece of rubber band in the peg hole to tighten this.

Nice statue despite the flaws, but should be for $800.

Have it unboxed. The Evans head is better in hand than it photographs. I think it's usable if inclined. The overall quality does seem in line with their Civil War Cap which I also own. This one is really weathered and dirty and they did a great job with this. Great pose on this one.

I do have a few complaints. As someone stated before Thor's hammer feels very cheap. The magnets in the arms are kinda weak. So much so that they wobble when you let go after slotting them. Which could explain the cheap plastic hammer. The shield seems almost laughably big, it has to be like 1/3 larger than the Civil War shield. I'll always use the broken one because it minimizes this. However the single tone silver break line of the broken shield appears too clean and not appropriately weathered. Mine has something rattling around inside the hollow body too. The broken glass piece that fits into the base is loose, I put a piece of rubber band in the peg hole to tighten this.

Is he over scaled like the AOU piece, or is he similar to the Civil War piece?

Are you talking about all statues or just MCU Cap?

Imo just for their MCU line it?s probably the least successful 1/4 full face sculpt that Iron Studios have released for their MCU line. I have all the others and the rest imo are better as far as likeness go.

I meant the best evans

Is he over scaled like the AOU piece, or is he similar to the Civil War piece?

Cap himself is a very similar scale with the CW statue with the obvious difference of standing upright vs. the CW crouch. I don't have the AOU statue. It's just the Endgame shield seems ridiculously large

Interesting about the magnets being weak. That's a concern I'll have to keep an eye on as I've got kitties who occasionally wander into the statue zone. Might be a plexiglass purchase in my future.

Interesting about the magnets being weak. That's a concern I'll have to keep an eye on as I've got kitties who occasionally wander into the statue zone. Might be a plexiglass purchase in my future.

Kinda surprised re the magnets as IMO the magnets for my CW pieces are very strong. LOL have kitties too. Waiting on UPS at moment....

Kinda surprised re the magnets as IMO the magnets for my CW pieces are very strong. LOL have kitties too. Waiting on UPS at moment....

I am working on my laptop in my living room eyeballing the front door myself. Cap and Thanos' arrival is...inevitable (shame on me!) :)

Actually, I also found the magnets to be kinda weak. It sorta felt like they were engineering it to be both magnet and angle that held the arms in. It is a bit of a concern as if the magnet weakens, the arm prob will fall out and shatter. Something to keep in mind.

Back