Iron Studios BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Avengers: Infinity War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just ordered black widow and Thor off of IS's site. Was a bit nervous about ordering 2 since I'm not sure what kind of quality these will be in hand. If they are good, i will probably order Cap, IM, and Hulk for a classic Avengers lineup. I might even do BP and Falcon at some point. Falcon looks pretty awesome. What is the general consensus? Some pics look great while other look meh. I'm really having a hard time deciding if these look good or not. Makes it a bit easier to stomach that you aren't gambling on a $5-600 piece like any SSC PF:lol. I also hadn't ordered or POed anything in a few years. The only statue I have on PO right now is the P1 JL WW 1/3. Other than that, I had stopped ordering any statues for a few years now. SSC had just phased me out with their prices and questionable quality. But these are so affordable and they look pretty solid and I like that they actually complete the lines they start lol. I hope these are nice in hand!

I really wanted to like the Thor, but I don’t particularly like the facesculpt at all.

That being said I have the BW which I liked, but I thought her proportions were a bit off, and I’ll be getting Thanos, Ant Man and Wasp in the next week or so. I’ll probably also get Cap and the Dr Strange as well when the become available locally.

I have Ragnorok Thor and Hulk, the Guardians set, Vulture and Spidey, and a few other odds and ends, and the only one that really disappointed me was the Spidey with what I would call some shoddy paint application.

I have all their 1/4 movie line since AOU, and other than some bland/not that realistic paint on some of the bases I have really liked their pieces. I also have their whole AOU 1/6 Diorama except for Hulkbuster and they look great as a set under one of my acrylic covers.

Well just ordered black widow and Thor off of IS's site. Was a bit nervous about ordering 2 since I'm not sure what kind of quality these will be in hand. If they are good, i will probably order Cap, IM, and Hulk for a classic Avengers lineup. I might even do BP and Falcon at some point. Falcon looks pretty awesome. What is the general consensus? Some pics look great while other look meh. I'm really having a hard time deciding if these look good or not. Makes it a bit easier to stomach that you aren't gambling on a $5-600 piece like any SSC PF:lol. I also hadn't ordered or POed anything in a few years. The only statue I have on PO right now is the P1 JL WW 1/3. Other than that, I had stopped ordering any statues for a few years now. SSC had just phased me out with their prices and questionable quality. But these are so affordable and they look pretty solid and I like that they actually complete the lines they start lol. I hope these are nice in hand!

My big concern was that the faces and details would be blobby or plastic-y at this scale:horror. More like a glorified vinyl toy like some of the "models" I have seen.

IMO at this scale - and being production work - very happy with these surprisingly detailed and weighty little pieces. Think IS struck a perfect balance between production work and putting out something quality at this price point. For instance the paint work on Thor is surprisingly sharp and clear, as are his eyes - pics here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-statues-props-etc-/189230-iron-studios-ragnarok-loki-1-10-statue-review-review-3.html

and I was so happy with Bucky - impressed with the arm especially and the almost patina-metal paint and weathering - I ordered another one. Also, "shelf-wise" - they look great without taking up huge amounts of space, w. a striking fluidity of poses.

Frankly I'd happily order duplicates of Falcon, BW, Cap etc. as enjoy these so much:love. To me seems like IS kicked it up a notch with these 1/10s. Falcon blew me away - I'd love a second one. But I've got Cap on PO and wanna order Hulk and probably others like WM. So hope these don't sell out I am still shopping as I can:cool:. IMO pics don't do these justice - sure there are good pics, but u really need to see/feel in hand - the weight and the "energy" of these pieces. IS has outstanding sculptors. Thor is my fav of the Ragnarok pieces, actually.

I have some IS 1/10 scale and I think they are really well done for that scale. I always liked the Koto 1/10 scale as well but IMO they seem to have more of a "toy" look. The IS statues actually look like mini statues. Of course, the IS statues cost more for this extra detail so that needs to be factored in as well (when comparing them to the Koto 1/10 statues).

I have Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel on preorder and I just picked up the 1/10 scale Hawkeye from ebay.

I now have Guardians, Loki, Hela, Valkyrie, BW, BP, Okoye and Thor and I'm happy with every piece.

The scale and price is spot on, this is exactly what i needed to start collecting the Marvel statues.

I've got Dr Strange, Thanos, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Ant Man and WM on pre order.

Only bad thing is I've found the release estimates to be a few months off but that might be to UK retailers.

Yea space and price have me almost retired from collecting but these might pull me back in. I would really love to get a nice Avengers lineup that won't cost $600 a piece lol. I have a lot of my favorites already in 1/4 so I'm pretty happy not purchasing anymore PFs.

I’ve been buying quite a few of these 1/10 scale pieces, as there aren’t many options from the other manufacturers for MCU pieces, other than their own 1/4 & 1/6 scales pieces which I have as well.

Anyone's stupid flashlight not work? It's hilarious that there's heart designs on it.

How fast do these sell out? I want to see black widow and thor to decide if I want to keep buying these. Now that Hulk is out, I'm wondering how long it might be before he sells out.

How fast do these sell out? I want to see black widow and thor to decide if I want to keep buying these. Now that Hulk is out, I'm wondering how long it might be before he sells out.

Worry about that too tho hopefully I could get from BBTS or even the 'bay at need. Iron studios doesn't seem to be that well known:dunno, so seems like pieces can sit for a bit. Not forever - Bucky is gone from SSC anyway - I think folks want the details of the larger scales too.

LOL not helpful:cool: but gonna guess they aren't usually immediately sold out. Hulk too - he's not really a true movie version, more like a trailer version. But he's the Hulk I want - e.g. green. And I'm finding these little pieces make quite a visual statement on the shelf:clap, even at feet away, thanks the the naturalistic sculpts/lines.

U couldn't pry my 1/4 Civil War pieces from me - especially now, with the MCU overturning:horror. But there's a lot to be said for not having 'fridge size boxes to deal with.

Yea, I don't even have a display room so all my large statues are in boxes:lol. My kids took over that room. So unless I move to a new house, all my statues are just crying in their boxes:rotfl. I would get these IS pieces and display them at work as they are a nice small scale. But since I'm used to large scale statue quality, I want a nice compromise and these seem to fit perfectly. I'll pull the trigger on Hulk after I see BW and Thor which I should get next Wed. I'm excited! Haven't had a new statue show up in a couple years!

"I’m calling in VERONICA."​
52947202_10158228389325558_724470135686955008_o.jpg

Iron Studios 1/10 Hulk
Comicave 1/12 Diecast MK XLIII Iron Man

Yea, I don't even have a display room so all my large statues are in boxes:lol. My kids took over that room. So unless I move to a new house, all my statues are just crying in their boxes:rotfl. I would get these IS pieces and display them at work as they are a nice small scale. But since I'm used to large scale statue quality, I want a nice compromise and these seem to fit perfectly. I'll pull the trigger on Hulk after I see BW and Thor which I should get next Wed. I'm excited! Haven't had a new statue show up in a couple years!

I'd say the scale and quality are that, exactly. Like maybe a 1/4 scale would have more detailed paint, or like with Thor fancier stitching on the cloth cloak. But these are like "mini quarter scales" in quality - surprising heft, and excellent detail. I thought BW's face and shaded hair is especially nice.

Hope you are pleased - I am really looking forward to Cap's release! I thought these would "disappear" on a shelf, but IMO they have presence!

I'd say the scale and quality are that, exactly. Like maybe a 1/4 scale would have more detailed paint, or like with Thor fancier stitching on the cloth cloak. But these are like "mini quarter scales" in quality - surprising heft, and excellent detail. I thought BW's face and shaded hair is especially nice.

Hope you are pleased - I am really looking forward to Cap's release! I thought these would "disappear" on a shelf, but IMO they have presence!

Yea I'm very optimistic! Which I haven't said about a SSC piece in prob 6-7 years:lol I think as standalone, they are small for my tastes but I am really drawn into displaying them as a team diorama style! That has major appeal to me along with the smaller scale and price point.

Yea I'm very optimistic! Which I haven't said about a SSC piece in prob 6-7 years:lol I think as standalone, they are small for my tastes but I am really drawn into displaying them as a team diorama style! That has major appeal to me along with the smaller scale and price point.

If you get enough of the 1/10 scale pieces grouped together I’m certain they’ll look great together.

Most of my 1/10 scales are scattered throughout my collection, but one day I may put them together like I have with my Iron Studios 1/6 line. It looks a bit crowded in the pic, but it looks fine in hand.

C76AD9FF-B6FD-4590-BCD6-A7E29FF0FD78.jpg

Got notice from SSC that Dr. Strange will be shipping soon. Don't know exact date yet but will post pics when he arrives.

BW is ****ing phenomenal. Sculpt and paint apps are tight. Hot Toys quality. Some of the best I have seen in the industry.

Back