Iron studios batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you look to pay big money for a statue, I think we can all agree these are the factors to consider:

- low edition size (ES) - Check! 200 REG and 100 EX
- details - Check! His suit is full of little details that make this sculpt immaculate! The cape, his belt pouches, the slight battle damage all around his suit, the textures, etc.
- Heavy weight - Check! This thing is pretty solid and possibly my heaviest statue in my collection.
- Extravagant base - Check! What says Batman more than the bat signal itself? It is HUGE! And yes, as a plus...it lights up! You know how us collectors get when things light up! Boner!
- Size/Huge - Check! This thing sits at 3 ft tall! Larger than a small child! It's beefy too sitting at roughly 35" H x 23" L x 19" D.
- Comic accurate - 50/50 Not everyone is looking for comic accuracy, but most of us are/were comic collectors once so we tend to get things that remind us of what we're used to seeing. Not sure where Iron Studios got this suit design from or if it was an artist rendition of Batman from Ivan Reis, but it is definitely the closest 1:3 scale to comic accuracy. I'm just not into the Arkham Asylum Batman.

While yes, the price is steep, you definitely get what you pay for. Iron Studios went all out on this one from top to bottom!

IMO, this is an AMZING sculpt. My only beef with it is that it isn't his black and grey duds. I'm not a fan of the blue costume but that is a personal preference. At least this piece has a very dark looking blue to the costume. It looks so much better than the damn bright blue he wore in the 70's.

IMO, this is an AMZING sculpt. My only beef with it is that it isn't his black and grey duds. I'm not a fan of the blue costume but that is a personal preference. At least this piece has a very dark looking blue to the costume. It looks so much better than the damn bright blue he wore in the 70's.

Hey, I love the the bright blue from 70's lol!! I was born in 1971. That's my childhood Batman. But I can see why you don't like it, not a practical color choice to fight crime, you would definitely stand out.

Got mine a week ago...here's some in-hand pics for you all...

When you look to pay big money for a statue, I think we can all agree these are the factors to consider:

- low edition size (ES) - Check! 200 REG and 100 EX
- details - Check! His suit is full of little details that make this sculpt immaculate! The cape, his belt pouches, the slight battle damage all around his suit, the textures, etc.
- Heavy weight - Check! This thing is pretty solid and possibly my heaviest statue in my collection.
- Extravagant base - Check! What says Batman more than the bat signal itself? It is HUGE! And yes, as a plus...it lights up! You know how us collectors get when things light up! Boner!
- Size/Huge - Check! This thing sits at 3 ft tall! Larger than a small child! It's beefy too sitting at roughly 35" H x 23" L x 19" D.
- Comic accurate - 50/50 Not everyone is looking for comic accuracy, but most of us are/were comic collectors once so we tend to get things that remind us of what we're used to seeing. Not sure where Iron Studios got this suit design from or if it was an artist rendition of Batman from Ivan Reis, but it is definitely the closest 1:3 scale to comic accuracy. I'm just not into the Arkham Asylum Batman.

While yes, the price is steep, you definitely get what you pay for. Iron Studios went all out on this one from top to bottom!

Awesome!!

And yes I think we get more for our money in these 1/3 statues at the moment. But then, these companies have to step up their game since SS has all the major 1/4 licenses.

Hey, I love the the bright blue from 70's lol!! I was born in 1971. That's my childhood Batman. But I can see why you don't like it, not a practical color choice to fight crime, you would definitely stand out.

I'm from the same era you are. I also grew up with the bright blue Bats. However, after I saw John Byrne drawing Bats in black and grey, it blew me away how AWESOME Bats looked in black and I could never look at the blue costume the same way again. Everything changed for me after that. Bats in black was the only way to go for me from that point forward.

Last edited:
I just saw this at a dealer's booth at C2E2 today. I must say, it looks phenomenal when you see it in person. Definitely one of the best Batman statues I've seen.

I just saw this at a dealer's booth at C2E2 today. I must say, it looks phenomenal when you see it in person. Definitely one of the best Batman statues I've seen.

I saw it too at C2E2. I stopped and talked to them awhile about it on Friday. They wanted $2.6k for it. It looks great in person

I saw it too at C2E2. I stopped and talked to them awhile about it on Friday. They wanted $2.6k for it. It looks great in person

I talked to the owner of the Fanboy Collectibles booth for almost an hour on Sat. Troy seemed like a pretty cool dude and a straight shooter. He certainly had the best collection of statues at the Con. He actually told me the IS Bats was sold and the buyer was going to pick it up when the Con was over. I can understand...I wouldn't want to lug a box like that around the Con floor. Most of his pieces were a little overpriced. However, that's a common occurrence at Cons. Regardless, the IS Bats looked amazing and looking over his statues was fun.

I talked to the owner of the Fanboy Collectibles booth for almost an hour on Sat. Troy seemed like a pretty cool dude and a straight shooter. He certainly had the best collection of statues at the Con. He actually told me the IS Bats was sold and the buyer was going to pick it up when the Con was over. I can understand...I wouldn't want to lug a box like that around the Con floor. Most of his pieces were a little overpriced. However, that's a common occurrence at Cons. Regardless, the IS Bats looked amazing and looking over his statues was fun.

I didn't ask him, but what was the price on that Spider-Man statue that he had next to the XM studios statues?

I didn't ask him, but what was the price on that Spider-Man statue that he had next to the XM studios statues?

The friend I went to the Con with was a big fan of that Spidey statue and actually asked me what company released it. I had no idea so we asked. Troy said it was a custom piece. It did look cool but we didn't ask him how much he was asking for it.

At the price of 2 P1 statues with enormous bases as well, its absurdly overpriced. Usually I buy what I want but at some point pount common sense has to prevail.

Back