Iron studios batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He includes less switch outs than the original. You can't pick different hand options.

Looks cool though. Shame Iron Studios quality sucks.

If you're referring to the Mk42 or the Spidey, then I agree. The rest have been pretty good.

I've said months ago a few pages back on this thread that I would buy this if it was even $1500. I won't go back on my word now. I did want to wait until sdcc to see what other Batmans were coming out but if I end up with numerous batmans, oh well lol

damn I don't know if I love this all-black suit. I probably would be jumped on it if it were grey/blue or grey/black but all black isn't vibing for me on this :(

Ok so SS Chat... ES unknown, IS didn't provide. Also what your 3 change hands are is also unknown. Id assume its fists minus the kryptonite ring or a batarang.

Also looking back at he OG, ES was 300. 200 RE 100 EX.

Last edited:
He includes less switch outs than the original. You can't pick different hand options.

Looks cool though. Shame Iron Studios quality sucks.

This is the problem really. Not that their quality is actually bad, but the perception that it is.

Put out one statue which is thought to have problems and it's like a stain you can't remove.

Even though their Civil War line has been near perfect, with five statues released so far, but it seems that that doesn't matter to a lot of collectors.

Is it because a large percentage don't collect movie related pieces?

Why was the original $2500? Different materials? I don't get the price difference.

The difference is that the original version wasn't carried by Sideshow.

From what I understand, Iron Studio pieces get hit by a massive import tax into their country (Brazil), and then the pieces (individually sometimes) have to be shipped to international retailers/individual collectors, which only added to the price.

I'm assuming this piece, like the other recent Iron Studio pieces is going nowhere near Brazil, and is shipping directly from China straight to a Sideshow warehouse.

Ok so SS Chat... ES unknown, IS didn't provide. Also what your 3 change hands are is also unknown. Id assume its fists minus the kryptonite ring or a batarang.

Also looking back at he OG, ES was 300. 200 RE 100 EX.

It's gotta sting for those who forked out that large chunk of change for the original.

Not that I'm complaining, but it looks like they may be going the route that Prime Studios is with their variants. If this was a South East Asian company I would already be asking when they were going to release their gold version of the piece.

Because you had to import it from south america.

The difference is that the original version wasn't carried by Sideshow.

From what I understand, Iron Studio pieces get hit by a massive import tax into their country (Brazil), and then the pieces (individually sometimes) have to be shipped to international retailers/individual collectors, which only added to the price.

I'm assuming this piece, like the other recent Iron Studio pieces is going nowhere near Brazil, and is shipping directly from China straight to a Sideshow warehouse.
Thank you, both. I forgot it wasn't originally offered in the US.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's gotta sting for those who forked out that large chunk of change for the original.

Not that I'm complaining, but it looks like they may be going the route that Prime Studios is with their variants. If this was a South East Asian company I would already be asking when they were going to release their gold version of the piece.

Yeah, Id be hot regardless of OG v Variant or ES. Like black P1 DKR v (potential) blue P1 DKR... #varianthate

Yeah, Id be hot regardless of OG v Variant or ES. Like black P1 DKR v (potential) blue P1 DKR... #varianthate

I never understood the hate in variants. It's nice to have options! Does the hate come from if you ever want to sell the statue that the after market price can take a hit because there is multiple options instead of 1?

I never understood the hate in variants. It's nice to have options! Does the hate come from if you ever want to sell the statue that the after market price can take a hit because there is multiple options instead of 1?

Yep, that would be the main reason.

But as I have never sold a piece (as I've only been collecting for the past four years), it doesn't really phase me.

^ For some but not me, I was speaking in general terms. I don't care as long as I got the piece I wanted.

What I would hate though is for P1 to make a blue variant. Knowing up front fans wanted a blue but saying No don't think so.
I ordered the black, preferring a blue that would supposedly will never surface. I would've waited on the blue if hinted it was in the future, not dropping 1k on a black Id have to sell.

Yep, that would be the main reason.

But as I have never sold a piece (as I've only been collecting for the past four years), it doesn't really phase me.

I don't sell pieces myself either. I tend to be picky with what a buy. Can't just be buying any statue nowadays with the prices.

This is the problem really. Not that their quality is actually bad, but the perception that it is.

Put out one statue which is thought to have problems and it's like a stain you can't remove.

Even though their Civil War line has been near perfect, with five statues released so far, but it seems that that doesn't matter to a lot of collectors.

Is it because a large percentage don't collect movie related pieces?
Quality doesn't seem to impact SS at all. [emoji19]

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Back