Iron Studios Avengers Endgame 1/4 Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The silver parts look like they're just flat gray in the pictures and videos. Is this the case in person?

It also is kind of a shame they didn't add the additional lights to the torso.

Last edited:
The silver parts look like they're just flat gray in the pictures and videos. Is this the case in person?

It also is kind of a shame they didn't add the additional lights to the torso.

They're definitely silver. They're not chrome but definitely silver...maybe like a brushed silver? Comparing to HT Mark 85 I'd say they're just slightly more dull than that.

Well, this saga of trying to get a fully functioning light up function continues to get more and more frustrating. Sideshow sent me a replacement refractor torso and after disassembling the statue to replace the torso and trying to force (quite hard I might add) the torso onto the main leg, I discovered that the peg slot in the torso that the leg is supposed to go in is BACKWARDS! The leg peg has slots that are uniquely sized on each side so it just doesn't fit. I've sent the photos to sideshow with the explanation and am hopeful for some resolution...eventually.

Correct Slot (Original).jpg
Incorrect Slot (Replacement).jpg
Leg Peg.jpg

I hear you Dennis. I've just had confirmation that my whole unit has to be sent back and a replacement will be issued after my new torso didn't fit either. I have now asked 3 times if they will inspect the new one prior to shipping and they keep ignoring the question. Sideshow have really went downhill. Time to look for a new source of collectables I think. Fingers crossed for all of us who have these issues.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I hear you Dennis. I've just had confirmation that my whole unit has to be sent back and a replacement will be issued after my new torso didn't fit either. I have now asked 3 times if they will inspect the new one prior to shipping and they keep ignoring the question. Sideshow have really went downhill. Time to look for a new source of collectables I think. Fingers crossed for all of us who have these issues.

Yeah, it's disappointing that they couldn't bother to check before sending. I mean, it's their shipping cost and I would think it would be in their interest to check. It's not like a sealed full collectible that they can't open and inspect. It was a loose Torso. So, did you torso have the same backward slots? That's on Iron Studios but still Sideshow could've easily checked for functionality before sending.

Sideshow just offered me the full replacement after I ship mine back or a full refund or a $150 credit. I've asked the same question about whether or not the replacement piece will be fully inspected prior to shipping. Honestly, I'm almost inclined to take the $150 credit and just call it a day. I don't really have a display option that allows for AC adapter access and I really only wanted it 100% for resale...which I don't plan on doing. Fun stuff.

Is it only the deluxe version that's affected, or the regular version as well? I'm leaning towards cancelling this right now.

Not only due to the issues with the torso, but I'm actually a bit sore about the missing lights and the sculpt on the faceplate, particularly around the eyes.

Me personally i would do a full refund. Your basically paying 90% of a broken statue.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is it only the deluxe version that's affected, or the regular version as well? I'm leaning towards cancelling this right now.

Not only due to the issues with the torso, but I'm actually a bit sore about the missing lights and the sculpt on the faceplate, particularly around the eyes.

My standard torso works fine with all the lighting effects, so it just seems to be the deluxe refractor torso that is problematic. At least from what I've read...

Me personally i would do a full refund. Your basically paying 90% of a broken statue.

I wouldn't do a full refund because I ultimately want the statue in my collection. My choices are to continue to get full replacements and hope I finally get a working one or take the ~10-15% credit. The only reasons I'm considering the latter are the fact that I'm not able to display it plugged in to an outlet and the probability of continuing to get a less than perfect statue. It would hurt resale a bit, but I have no plans to resell and if so, the non-refractor torso light up function works perfectly fine. It is frustrating that this seems to be the norm for this particular statue...and another reason I really prefer statues without light up features...

I'm happy to keep sending these back from the UK at their expense if they can't do a simple thing like quality control, especially when they know about the issue. I wouldn't take the $150, the only partial refund I would agree to is the difference between the regular and exclusive. Its far too expensive a piece to have things not working properly imo. Slightly miffed that they only offered me $100 lol. Its such a pity about these light up issues as the statue looks amazing in person. I'm keeping everything crossed that the replacement will be tip top!

Yikes, sorry to hear about all of these issues. It's a rough spot as you would expect less Stark Ironman pieces with him no longer being a big part of the MCU. Still, it's such a money maker, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more collectibles of his suits in the future. I doubt this will be the end all for this suit in 1/4 scale. If it were me, I would definitely not accept a flawed piece like that. But I also agree that light up features are overrated. I would much rather they not have it, reduce cost, and then you don't have to worry about it at all. Even if you get a fully working piece, the chances of the light up breaking or weakening over a short time is very likely.

Agreed, especially with switch out pieces. The chance of failure is reduced in pieces where its just one part but again there's no guarantee long term

Man oh man. This is not the way I thought this thread was going to go. I am very nervous now. I know I am a couple months out still from receiving mine so hopefully they correct this problem. I agree with lighting. Very overrated and to be honest you are at risk with burning out a light and then the value really goes down. That’s why I never really get to enjoy it. They should figure out a way to paint lights to look like it’s on. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

My standard torso works fine with all the lighting effects, so it just seems to be the deluxe refractor torso that is problematic. At least from what I've read...

Thanks for the reply.

On the subject of light up features, I would probably welcome it if they abandoned light up...so I could stop buying them :lol

Ever since light up features were included with these MCU pieces I couldn't imagine having them without light up. Comic pieces are another story.

I think I've about accepted that I will be cancelling this, and will wait for either SS, HT, or QS to make the 85 in 1/4. Too bad, this was going to be my first IS piece.

Well, I elected to get a full replacement. The Sideshow rep stated that they would QC the piece beforehand, which I am still skeptical of, but you all convinced me that having a $150 discount on a less than perfect $1200 statue was nonsense. They need to make it right.

Well, I elected to get a full replacement. The Sideshow rep stated that they would QC the piece beforehand, which I am still skeptical of, but you all convinced me that having a $150 discount on a less than perfect $1200 statue was nonsense. They need to make it right.
Good call. Would you pay full price for a broken car? I hope the answer would be no lol.

Good call. Would you pay full price for a broken car? I hope the answer would be no lol.

Yeah, that's ultimately where I landed. I don't think the $150 discount was enough to entice me to keep it. The only reason I pondered it for a moment is that I'm not displaying it in a location where I've got AC power, so the light up feature will go unused unless I wire an outlet to the shelf it's on. Nonetheless, for the price we're paying for this, it should be flawless.

Yeah, that's ultimately where I landed. I don't think the $150 discount was enough to entice me to keep it. The only reason I pondered it for a moment is that I'm not displaying it in a location where I've got AC power, so the light up feature will go unused unless I wire an outlet to the shelf it's on. Nonetheless, for the price we're paying for this, it should be flawless.
I know your pain. I had to return 3 Sideshow Thanos on Throne. After the 3rd they said they were sold out.

I had to get over this sentiment pretty early in my collectables career, as I found out almost immediately that ‘nearly’ no statue is absolutely flawless. So while no statue is flawless I’ve had to lower my expectations to pretty good or good enough.

Of course features like light ups should work 100% of the time, and statues should go together well during assembly (but even this last one is an issue with a significant portion of my current collection), but in a hobby where things are painted by hand I’ve had to accept that said paint will almost ‘always’ have imperfections, no matter the cost (from a few hundred to a few thousand) or scale.

I first started in the Hot Toy game so after mostly transitioning from them where pieces can be nearly flawless to statues, the whiplash to my QC expectations was pretty severe.

I have a statue collection of well over a hundred pieces, from 1/6 scale all the way to 1:1 (plus another 60 or so in 1/10 scales), and I don’t think I can count on more than a handful of them where they didn’t have some sort of minor to middling QC issue. Usually paint imperfections like small scratches, chips or bleeds are quite common or some sort of fitting assembling problem. Heck even with light ups that did work (as they don’t always no matter the manufacturer) the bulk of them had some sort of light bleed issues. I think the only one that didn’t bleed was the Sideshow Mark 3 Maquette, and the Iron Studios Mark 46 was easily my worst were huge chunks of the statue acted almost like a lamp shade rather than a statue when it was lit up in a completely dark room.

Back