Statue Iron studios avengers age of ultron diorama 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both this and the 1/4 Iron Man pieces and the ridiculous thing is that the 1/6's outside shipper box is actually bigger than the 1/4's!

Both are great pieces.

Kinda went crazy during the black friday sales. Originally had the 1/6 Mark 45 and Cap, but decided to get the rest of the line up (other than Hulkbuster).

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

And decided to get this as well

IMG_1885.jpg

As well as a few 1/10 scales

IMG_1884.jpg

Kinda went crazy during the black friday sales. Originally had the 1/6 Mark 45 and Cap, but decided to get the rest of the line up (other than Hulkbuster).

As well as a few 1/10 scales

Wow - impressive. Thanx for great pics - really like the Ultron Hulk even tho he's not a fav character of mine, and Rocket and Groot! And looks like IS kept up the quality on these re the paint - even the 1/10. :clap

Wow - impressive. Thanx for great pics - really like the Ultron Hulk even tho he's not a fav character of mine, and Rocket and Groot! And looks like IS kept up the quality on these re the paint - even the 1/10. :clap

Yeah I was impressed with the 1/10 pieces.

If anything the sculpt and paint are actually better in those than the 1/6 diorama pieces! (Which are 3 times the price)

The facesculpts are much better on the 1/10, possibly because they're newer?

Phoenix, that looks freakin' awesome. Get a big ol' glass display to put those things behind.

The facesculpts are much better on the 1/10, possibly because they're newer?

Cool about the 1/10 quality! I just get the impression that figure artists or whoever they hire seems to go through a learning curve a lot of the time, even Hot Toys - I mean I can see character sculpts just get better through a character arc. Most of the time, anyway.

Although w. Bucky and IM and even Cap 1/4 Iron Studios needs to knock it out of the park, for me. For me at that size/price the portraits had better be proto quality or very near it. IMO the protos look great and what I've seen of mostly poor/overlit CCXP images look great, but I'll have the packing tape ready to pack a return if there's googly eyes and like that.:horror

Still, thought Ultron Cap 1/4 looked amazing:love, must keep be optimistic.:cool:

Meanwhile, folks should keep room for the probably *massive* Thor Ragnarok figs to come LOL:lol

Caps2_Thor.jpg

Where is that photo from?

Inswiki - CCXP 2016 images. *Sourly* been trying to find good, sharp pics of the 1/4 CW figs which seems to be the first real place all the IS stuff was on display.
Seeing as IS apparently can't be bothered, went looking for fan pics and tripped over the Thor ad from the con. IS really needs to think about non-reflective glass displays, IMO, if they can afford 2 concept stores.:slap Getting a good view IMO reassures customers$$$.:cool:

WS_trio.jpg

Phoenix, that looks freakin' awesome. Get a big ol' glass display to put those things behind.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, though they're currently on the bottom level of one of my 2 high, 3 across Besta displays, with 2 to 3 statues in each. As the size makes it perfect for the bottom levels, as bigger Sideshow pieces with big bases etc will never fit, especially for me as I use those Ikea Glassvik doors with those black bevels that limit viewing angles.

But to get a custom cabinet/display made up would cost quite a bit. I had a custom acrylic display box made up for my Iron Studios 1/4 Mark 43 and Cap and that piece was a b$&!?! to lift over the figures safely. Would have to get one made with some sort of door/hinge etc.

Cool about the 1/10 quality! I just get the impression that figure artists or whoever they hire seems to go through a learning curve a lot of the time, even Hot Toys - I mean I can see character sculpts just get better through a character arc. Most of the time, anyway.

Although w. Bucky and IM and even Cap 1/4 Iron Studios needs to knock it out of the park, for me. For me at that size/price the portraits had better be proto quality or very near it. IMO the protos look great and what I've seen of mostly poor/overlit CCXP images look great, but I'll have the packing tape ready to pack a return if there's googly eyes and like that.:horror

Still, thought Ultron Cap 1/4 looked amazing:love, must keep be optimistic.:cool:

Meanwhile, folks should keep room for the probably *massive* Thor Ragnarok figs to come LOL:lol

View attachment 310863

Yeah their 1/4 Cap is near perfect!

IMG_0538.jpg

Gorgeous:clap. Ultron Cap and IM were one of the reasons I was willing to give IS a shot re the CW pieces. Hope to acquire that Cap one day.

Also good point about the weight of even an acrylic display case - eventually was thinking of making my own (like an aquarium) w. this stuff that actually sort of "melts" an acrylic join together - can't remember the name of it - and silicon seal. Maybe.

I've messed up projects before, sometimes it's better to leave it to a professional even if you think you can save money.:lol

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, though they're currently on the bottom level of one of my 2 high, 3 across Besta displays, with 2 to 3 statues in each. As the size makes it perfect for the bottom levels, as bigger Sideshow pieces with big bases etc will never fit, especially for me as I use those Ikea Glassvik doors with those black bevels that limit viewing angles.

But to get a custom cabinet/display made up would cost quite a bit. I had a custom acrylic display box made up for my Iron Studios 1/4 Mark 43 and Cap and that piece was a b$&!?! to lift over the figures safely. Would have to get one made with some sort of door/hinge etc.

View attachment 310871

I'm hoping to get some custom cabinet displays installed soon at my place. I can definitely appreciate the struggle to find the 'perfect display'.

Where was this sale at? I still need to get the Vision, how much was it during the sale??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my 1/6 Age of Ultron pieces in a single display. I decided to remove the Sideshow Mark 42 life size bust from it and put the diorama pieces from my two bottom Bestas; minus the Hulk, as I barely fit these 6 in and it's already a bit crowded.

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

All the characters are pretty much looking in different directions.........looking for their next opponent.

Actually it was the only way I could fit all 6 pieces into the acrylic box, plus a few wood raisers for positioning.

Various ways they were previously displayed in my Bestas.

A34BB5B1-CE02-4EDD-91A6-E0E43F0B76DB.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Back