Iron Studios 1/4 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d take another Maul as long as they nail the smirk on his face. Alternate snarl portrait.

Put him in the power plant scene on a base.

No one has done that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a Leia and a Stormtrooper, I think they'll have a creative take on one. I have a feeling they'll get around to Luke & Han.

IMO Darth Maul has kind of been done to death though... Sideshow has done him 3x's and XM has done him once... Same with Vader... Given how bad some of Sideshows human Star Wars statues are, I would love to see IS take on a fully sculpted Han, Luke & Leia... Especially since IS seems to be great at nailing likenesses...

Whatever IS decides I just hope they stick with the original Trilogy...

Couldn't agree more! I would love to see either Jedi or Bespin Luke, ANH Leia, and Smuggler Han.

Still waiting for the ultimate Luke, Iron Studios gave us the grail Vader, they might as well give us a grail Luke Skywalker.

IMO XM Studios gave us a grail Luke... the likeness is spot on and the QC is excellent...

Their Luke is gorgeous, a great piece of work, my grail would have a lightsaber out in his Bespin/ROTJ outfit though lol

Problem with XM is the paintwork is so flat. Looks cartoonish. Give their sculpts IS paint or even now SS paintwork and it’d be next level. They should have a larger palette.

X5lZfZX.jpg

mvSZCjg.jpg

INdJSS8.jpg

HKDqVPF.jpg

j9kpgsn.jpg

Man that looks not nearly as sharp as the proto. I was really on board with this at first, but when I saw how well the legendary scale Yoda turned out in production I switched to that. Glad I did.

I was really hoping Iron Studios would do Luke, Han, and Leia but after seeing the human likenesses of the Endgame statues my enthusiasm has cooled quite a bit.

The hair looks really weird, like Yoda with sideburns...and the base details look sloppy compared to the proto.

He looks lime-green just like in the early production pics. The hair looks horrible too. Glad I didn't PO, I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to pull this one off.

Iron studios quality has gone to **** based on their 1/10 line. Emperor palpatine on thrown is a work of art; its heavy as **** and detail and paint work is amazing every other statue i got since that one feels like cheap lightweight plastic crap and detail isnt there at all. Palpatine is no joke though. I am curious about the new 1/4 end game line, if its like palpatine or 1/4 civil war cap it would be instant po but the published weight of them is alarming and i wont be suprised if they are crap too. I just need them to last until people get them in hand before i consider po

Iron studios quality has gone to **** based on their 1/10 line. Emperor palpatine on thrown is a work of art; its heavy as **** and detail and paint work is amazing every other statue i got since that one feels like cheap lightweight plastic crap and detail isnt there at all. Palpatine is no joke though. I am curious about the new 1/4 end game line, if its like palpatine or 1/4 civil war cap it would be instant po but the published weight of them is alarming and i wont be suprised if they are crap too. I just need them to last until people get them in hand before i consider po

Honestly I don’t really believe Iron Studios’ quality has really changed all that much over the last few years.

I’ve been getting their pieces for probably 4 years now, and I have approximately 14x 1/4 scales, 8x 1/6 scales and 30+ 1/10 scales in my collection, and across the board the quality from beginning to end has been pretty consistent. Except for the bases on the 2x AOU pieces that I have, I’ve always thought their bases have been basic to downright terrible (I don’t have Vader, but people seem to like his base as well).

Honestly I don?t really believe Iron Studios? quality has really changed all that much over the last few years.

I?ve been getting their pieces for probably 4 years now, and I have approximately 14x 1/4 scales, 8x 1/6 scales and 30+ 1/10 scales in my collection, and across the board the quality from beginning to end has been pretty consistent. Except for the bases on the 2x AOU pieces that I have, I?ve always thought their bases have been basic to downright terrible (I don?t have Vader, but people seem to like his base as well).

The Vader base is very nice. Part of the CW Cap base is good and part not so much. The Thanos base was not very good.

The Vader base is very nice. Part of the CW Cap base is good and part not so much. The Thanos base was not very good.

I’ve got the entire set for the Civil War pieces, and I disliked all the bases. The only saving grace is that when the set is combined, I don’t really concentrate all that much on the base/s. I also found that the paint wasn’t sealed all that well and could be removed quite easily on both of my Winter Soldier pieces (I’ve got duplicates for all of Team Cap). So I’m always careful when dusting any of those pieces.

The bases were in some ways worse on the Thanos and Spidey. They were going for more, so the lack of sculpt and bland paint is that much more noticeable.

Is that really a wing from the x-wing in the clear water of dagobah?
Fantastic presentation of his collection, looks like from an business seller!

Back