Iron Studios 1/4 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at 12inches with a small figure, how come no one's complaining on its price tag? :D

There have been a few complaints.

But I'm not at all surprised by the price. Anyone who is.... well unfortunately it's just the way things are nowadays. At least until the feared statue bubble bursts, and things get even more expensive, as I just don't see prices ever going down by any significant margin.

I'll be happy enough if it's the same as Vader.

I really love the big base, I don't want to buy the BB8 equivalent of Yoda statues. I think this tells a great Degobah story. That water in the base was a total surprise and it's gorgeous. I understand it's not to everyones taste though. I hope you guys get the Yoda you seek one day.

I was pretty happy with the price considering the detail. Literally the only thing I would change is weathering up the robe a bit. I still prefer a full sculpt to fabric, depending on the production piece I might weather mine up myself.

I agree. But I would go further than just more weathering and say they should sculpt some tears in it, that is how it looked in the movie.

I honestly prefer the MYC Yoda to this. Will still probably preorder. Looks good. Robe could use some work though.

I honestly prefer the MYC Yoda to this. Will still probably preorder. Looks good. Robe could use some work though.

Agree about the robe. I ordered it awhile back and I really dig the overall vibe of this thing. Curious to see what the edition size will be, it still has not been posted.

Agree about the robe. I ordered it awhile back and I really dig the overall vibe of this thing. Curious to see what the edition size will be, it still has not been posted.

Their Vader sold out pretty quickly so I'm guessing at the very least the same Edition size of 1000? Yoda is an iconic character and we don't exactly have a large choice of quarter scale Yoda statues. I will be surprised if it's less than a thousand but we'll see.

I have the IS Vader and is easily best Vader statue mass produced. It’s a perfect blend of figure to base ratio where the base doesn’t overtake the character itself. I feel like this Yoda base is definitely a diorama and could’ve been smaller and less to focus on Yoda himself. I’m thinking of going SS LSF to be honest. It’s pricier but it’s also bigger and sculpt is surprisingly good for SS standards. Having seen the proto at SDCC, I was very impressed. If they can keep it like proto, doubtful, it’ll be THE Yoda statue wise.

I don't think the edition size of this IS Yoda will match Vader as Yoda is not as popular. 600 would be my guess.

As far as the Sideshow Yoda goes it's $700, made of resin, and weighs 15 pounds. And did I mention it's Sideshow? The paint will be a very significant downgrade from the proto.

I went ahead and ordered it, It's pretty detailed so IMO it's worth the mullah.... Plus I want to support Iron Studios so they keep making 1:4 Star Wars statues.

I went ahead and ordered it, It's pretty detailed so IMO it's worth the mullah.... Plus I want to support Iron Studios so they keep making 1:4 Star Wars statues.

I'm with you, its the best 1/4 scale i've ever seen of Yoda.
Imagine if they did a diorama of 1/4 scale pieces like they did with Avengers, they would sell a bucket load.... So many options I wouldn't know where to start....

Any reason why Sideshow has never made a single 1/4 scale Yoda statue?

Years ago there was a rumor that their contract treated Yoda as an "accessory", meaning that he can't be made without pairing him with another 1/4 scale statue.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Probably has something to to do with it being to small of a character and they would profit more if it was done with an added character.

Which is why IS went with a huge base. The base is a character so to speak. They’ll profit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S60SjU6.jpg

Does anyone know how they are handling the switch out? Is it a whole other body or just a switch out torso? Either way I wish they’d include some kind of pedestal so that you could display both options. Probably a pipe dream at this point though.

Darth Maul would be cool from them.

IMO Darth Maul has kind of been done to death though... Sideshow has done him 3x's and XM has done him once... Same with Vader... Given how bad some of Sideshows human Star Wars statues are, I would love to see IS take on a fully sculpted Han, Luke & Leia... Especially since IS seems to be great at nailing likenesses...

Whatever IS decides I just hope they stick with the original Trilogy...

Back