Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! What cabinet is that??

That is part of a PAX it’s about 96x39 it holds a massive amount. I have 4 across my back wall but it’s a stop over for him till my new cabinet is built. I am going to move him to my first cabinet I built soon I’m hust busy and so there home sits.

I’ll see if my phone has any pix of the whole area. The cabinet is like $100 shelves about $15 each.

Lmao it’s all I can find right now on my phone. Lol but yes they all have LED bars mounted to the shelves.

Once my new shelf is done I’ll be taking 2 units downstairs and getting rid of my 3 detolfs and the 2 Billy’s I have with glass shelves. I still have a small group of 1/6 scale and I actually still have interest in a few 1/6 so I’m torn between piling them into one PAX shelf or keeping the Billy’s because they look nice and can be tucked away where the top of my stairs are.

Ok I’m way off thread but I’ll try to find a full shot of you want to see it all. I may have old pix in the link in my sig as well. I’m sure if my shelves and collection has evolved so have many here.

That’s not me in the photo, I’m not an elderly woman. She’s a big Star Wars fan though.
0EA06944-75F7-41F8-BEC7-5FFAE71391A3.jpg

Excellent work on the cape Phastroh! :clap
I'm good with mine, for the moment. However, I know I'll be futzing with it later.

LOVE the collection room, & the shelves!!! :hi5:

So this Vader seems to be getting universal praise from everybody. I've got to say that although I have this guy on waitlist, I'm not exactly thrilled by his pose. It's just something about his right arm and that lightsaber sticking out that look a bit off to me.

Anybodys waitlist convert yet? lol! Does sideshow take reward points on waitlisted reservations once theyre ready to convert?

So this Vader seems to be getting universal praise from everybody. I've got to say that although I have this guy on waitlist, I'm not exactly thrilled by his pose. It's just something about his right arm and that lightsaber sticking out that look a bit off to me.
I think the pose with saber looks great with the two-handed grip. With one hand on saber it looks okay but a little off. But the other right arm also looks great paired with one of the lefties. :)

Anybodys waitlist convert yet? lol! Does sideshow take reward points on waitlisted reservations once theyre ready to convert?
Haven’t heard of anyone here, and no, no reward points on waitlist conversions.

Excellent work on the cape Phastroh! :clap
I'm good with mine, for the moment. However, I know I'll be futzing with it later.

LOVE the collection room, & the shelves!!! :hi5:

Thanks bud! Yeah those figures and statues have moved long ago. I can’t wait to just have the permanent shelving finished and just post the final pix.

Ha permanent shelving sounds funny but if you have ever seen my shelf build these new ones are not gonna be going anywhere. Between cost, construction and the fact they have to be disassembled to move downstairs makes the permanent. Vinyl wood is just $$$$$

YES the cape is far too big and I mean that just in that it’s a lot not oversized like out of scale but it really has its advantages. Thing needs an iron the wrinkles ruin its flow but, but, but he’s tearing through the base so whatever.

I did have it posed just a bit different but I kept getting the big seam showing so I changed it. I’ll definitely try to smooth it out later. There’s improvements I’ll make but I’m not spending a week on it as I have my whole life to mess with it :rotfl

Thanks bud! Yeah those figures and statues have moved long ago. I can’t wait to just have the permanent shelving finished and just post the final pix.

Ha permanent shelving sounds funny but if you have ever seen my shelf build these new ones are not gonna be going anywhere. Between cost, construction and the fact they have to be disassembled to move downstairs makes the permanent. Vinyl wood is just $$$$$

YES the cape is far too big and I mean that just in that it’s a lot not oversized like out of scale but it really has its advantages. Thing needs an iron the wrinkles ruin its flow but, but, but he’s tearing through the base so whatever.

I did have it posed just a bit different but I kept getting the big seam showing so I changed it. I’ll definitely try to smooth it out later. There’s improvements I’ll make but I’m not spending a week on it as I have my whole life to mess with it :rotfl

It makes a world of difference when you smooth it out. I used a steamer and did the outside and inside.

5bc3acdd23080376cdb701f846319768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all - newbie here. I jumped on the waitlist for this on Saturday, so hoping it will convert. I guess it would be interesting to see what edition numbers folk have already received (I assume they are all numbered) to guage how close we are to #1000 already?
Anyway, great shots from those who already have this piece. IS seems to have knocked this out of the park. I have the original ANH PF vader, which I personally prefer to the ROTJ PF Sideshow released a few years ago, but this thing is another level!

I think my edition was in the seven hundreds. Probably not going to look under there for s while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Still waiting for my order to ship. Got in last minute on Friday before it converted to a wait list. Really hoping it ships soon.

The funny thing is... I don't ever remember this much cape on Vader in any of the movies. :lol

But I've talked w. IS over the CW pieces and they were vehement that they work from files directly from the studio. Very proud of that. From everyone's pics love this cape - folks' pics look dramatic:love. I remember Vader's cape "flowing" as he moved - it wasn't a skimpy cape or really thin material like Thor's cape.

Back