Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am in love. This Vader has so much impact. I can't believe people thought it might end up being small when promo photos were released, what a beast!
I'll take photos with the sun up tomorrow.
c49bc6e62bdb4b22da9ac0990535716c.jpg

Finally had a chance to unbox mine today. Had to rearrange my display for it, since it can't fit in the besta cube I had in mind.

As you all know by now, this piece has massive presence. Still working on the cape though. Takes a lot of work to get it where you like it, and I'm still not there yet. Hoping to get inspired by some of the pics here.

Here are some pics of him with my other two SW PFs.

View attachment 375830View attachment 375831View attachment 375832

Yes. I will have to hang a new besta or shelf to put him on. I have same three PF. May copy.

How do you get the battery out of the chest box? I literally have no idea. Mine seems stuck, I feel
Like I'm going to break something if I pry it out .

Never mind, I got it.

Well I am in love. This Vader has so much impact. I can't believe people thought it might end up being small when promo photos were released, what a beast!
I'll take photos with the sun up tomorrow.
c49bc6e62bdb4b22da9ac0990535716c.jpg

I thought it was going to be small, especially with Sideshow's misleading stats on the figure. They list the statue at 20" tall. Reports here state that it's closer to 23"!

Today me print from Karl Fritzgerald arrived, good background for IS DV [emoji6][emoji3]
f80a34258839a154bcca59a96be63100.jpg

For those of you who are missing a light saber, be sure to check the underside of the foam layer that covers that section of the box. I thought my saber was missing at first, but I found it stuck to the underside of the other piece...

And love the piece. It deserves all of the praise, IMO. Though I have to agree that the belt and especially the chest electronics design was absolutely terrible. When you have to partially disassemble a statue just to turn lights on, it's a bad design. It would not have required much extra design work for them to integrate the lighting so that it all works on a single circuit. I'm going to probably do some wiring customization so it all turns on together and can plug into the wall, otherwise I know it will almost never get used, which would be a real shame.

Though I have to agree that the belt and especially the chest electronics design was absolutely terrible. When you have to partially disassemble a statue just to turn lights on, it's a bad design. It would not have required much extra design work for them to integrate the lighting so that it all works on a single circuit. I'm going to probably do some wiring customization so it all turns on together and can plug into the wall, otherwise I know it will almost never get used, which would be a real shame.
YouTube video tutorial of how you've done this and you'll forever be my hero! :thud:

I did a little cape work when I put the batteries in today. Not perfect but we all likely see him doing something different like for me he’s chopped through something and is choking someone or even about to move debris so for me his cape would be just sweeping away from the saber as the other side is falling off his shoulder as he extends his arm out.

One thing I like to do is use the over abundant amount of cape to puff out the parts I like to have the sweeping look. As I did with Kylo I’ve used parts of his sculpt to prop back wire and even the grooves behind his shoulder pads to tuck wiring. I’m not a professional but I just thought I’d offer a few tips I’ve used in the past and definitely roll that wire between your thumb and index. Something I’ve learned is a perfect curve in the wire doesn’t always transition into the perfect look due to angles.

Lastly WOW that’s a lot of cape. I have no idea the accuracy of its size but just when you think you saw the last of it there’s another part lol I’ve seen complaints on it but I like it. One day I’ll have to get it in it’s final spot and adjust it more.

05038F5C-45B3-4C11-8219-874A5813998C.jpg513C457B-72C9-471F-8F14-26D8A54CE5F8.jpg

I did a little cape work when I put the batteries in today. Not perfect but we all likely see him doing something different like for me he’s chopped through something and is choking someone or even about to move debris so for me his cape would be just sweeping away from the saber as the other side is falling off his shoulder as he extends his arm out.

One thing I like to do is use the over abundant amount of cape to puff out the parts I like to have the sweeping look. As I did with Kylo I’ve used parts of his sculpt to prop back wire and even the grooves behind his shoulder pads to tuck wiring. I’m not a professional but I just thought I’d offer a few tips I’ve used in the past and definitely roll that wire between your thumb and index. Something I’ve learned is a perfect curve in the wire doesn’t always transition into the perfect look due to angles.

Lastly WOW that’s a lot of cape. I have no idea the accuracy of its size but just when you think you saw the last of it there’s another part lol I’ve seen complaints on it but I like it. One day I’ll have to get it in it’s final spot and adjust it more.

View attachment 375981View attachment 375983

Best cape work I've yet seen! Great job!

View attachment 375981View attachment 375983

Very nice! What cabinet is that??

Back