Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone made a video yet? I would love to see a review or unboxing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Has anyone made a video yet? I would love to see a review or unboxing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The first collector who posted here with their piece has a quick little video on YouTube. Though he has since updated his views here.

Could somebody please say how many AAs are needed, and if possible either take a pic or read the battery number off the small watch batteries.. also how many of those. This will help some of us buy replacements in advance and avoid the disappointment of half lit sabers or 10 min spotlights lol. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, my Vader is actually in Sydney already! I thought their estimate of Monday was a bit ambitious, but it looks like it was accurate. The estimated delivery is by end of day today. If it arrives while there's still daylight I'll try to get a review filmed today. If not, it's better if I film it tomorrow because there isn't anywhere in my house with good enough artificial lighting to show it off properly.

Holy crap, my Vader is actually in Sydney already! I thought their estimate of Monday was a bit ambitious, but it looks like it was accurate. The estimated delivery is by end of day today. If it arrives while there's still daylight I'll try to get a review filmed today. If not, it's better if I film it tomorrow because there isn't anywhere in my house with good enough artificial lighting to show it off properly.

Can't wait for your video.

Could somebody please say how many AAs are needed, and if possible either take a pic or read the battery number off the small watch batteries.. also how many of those. This will help some of us buy replacements in advance and avoid the disappointment of half lit sabers or 10 min spotlights lol. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes 3 AAA. I don’t know what the chest and belt batteries are. Not sure where to take them out of.

Looks great! I didn't need much convincing anyway.

My only problem was the total cost that would have required for me to do it in 2 payments but, I have completely forgotten about my PayPal credit.
Ordered this baby today!
Thanks to the 6 months payment plan I saved my rewards for another item.

Mine's expected Thursday. I feel an "illness" happening that day :wink1: I'll have an eye problem, cause I can't see myself going to work Thursday.

damn this thing sucks batteries dry fast. I tested the lights for ~4 hours over the past 2 days and just noticed the saber is dimming at the tip. Guess I won't be leaving this on for extended periods of time LOL!

BTW where's the switch for the belt lights?

EDIT: found it, but terrible placement of the switch, can't get to it without removing belt. The switch on the chest plate is also in a bad spot, can't get to it when the saber pose is displayed.

I added an extra A lol. It’s AA.
You scared me for a sec mate! Beeing AA is really important for me as I've got myself this "AA-battery-pack-to-USB-or-AC" a few years back that I've been using on my previous Iron Studios pieces (Iron Man Mark 42 and 43). That little gadget allowed me turn all my statues on with a push of a single remote switch :yess:

battery-to-ac.JPG
Unfortunately, they never made a AAA version AND after I bought mine (5-6), they've stopped selling them...

My Vader turned up a couple of hours ago, but while I was unboxing it the sun disappeared. I did take a little bit of footage but it's really rough. I won't be able to do a review until tomorrow. I was about to do a quick livestream to at least give you guys a look at it, but now someone is using the tv right next to where I film so it's too noisy. :(

I can do a livestream first thing in the morning then film the review after.

My Vader turned up a couple of hours ago, but while I was unboxing it the sun disappeared. I did take a little bit of footage but it's really rough. I won't be able to do a review until tomorrow. I was about to do a quick livestream to at least give you guys a look at it, but now someone is using the tv right next to where I film so it's too noisy. :(

I can do a livestream first thing in the morning then film the review after.

Can't wait. Sweet dreams.

Back