Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, that looks great! But I’m curious what’s poly and what plastic? Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks amazing! Does the body have some weight to it and feel solid like polystone? Do you think the portrait is plastic?

Thank you. Amazing piece. One thing I will say is the led on the saber dims down after some long use. Maybe a connection issue. It’s about 75% lit up from the bottom up while to top 25% isn’t lit up. I’ll mess around with the connector but the electronics don’t feel as tight at SS. I won’t display him with the saber since it’s going in a Besta. Love this statue. I’d say the body is poly while dome and belts and chest box is plastic. Super heavy and overall well built.

Ok just boxed this and its a solid piece. Amazing sculpt and detail on the statue and base but the saber only lights up 30% and the light on the base went out after 10 minutes. Will be contacting SS about these issues and let you guys know how it goes.

The body is polystone (all the shiny bits are polystone), and so is the head... only the chest and belt are plastic. The base is nicely engineered and makes it easy to carry as well, and the switch out arms are excellent.

some quick and dirty iPhone pics

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

more pics

IMG_7128.jpg

The light on the base is supposed to look damaged... but my light went out after a few minutes
IMG_3733.jpg

saber won't light up all the way
IMG_6642.jpg

Looks great aa909. Glad to hear plastic is kept at minimum. From what I can see in the photos, paint looks great, and the gloss look clean and evenly applied. So it seems the only real area of concern seems to be the lightsaber? As DarthAlias has the same issue, might be a common issue

My lights up 70% up the blade lol. I have a feeling it could be a common QC issue. We’ll see.

so I swapped out the batteries that came with the statue, some cheap brand "Yaliw"

Now both the saber and light work... it took a minute for the saber to fully light up though.

Put some new batteries in there and give it a minute, then report back LOL!!

Great photos and details, guys. Except for the light it seems like a homerun. Lights are not what I personally care most about but obviously it should work, lets hope they address this..

Will he fit in a Besta with the saber out?

Just opened mine up....absolutely beautiful statue! Only issue was exposed wire on inner cape, but I was able to tuck it back in. My lights are strong, only issue being the belt lights dying...probably cheap/old batteries. For me, this is hands down, best Vader statue out there and I'm super happy to own it.

the battery swap got the lights working but now the question is for how long. hmmmmmmm

IMG_9494.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

I am super stoked on this guys! I've been comparing these photos to the prototype pics on SSC.com and I can't find any differences. This piece looks stellar!

Man it looks epic! I was going to suggest the batteries, glad to hear it was a simple fix guys. So does it take coin batteries and does the chest/belt, lightsaber, and base all require a different set of batteries?

Back