Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm going dark side. Kinda thinking on cancelling this if its not at the show. I need something...the statue market is aggressive and these companies know how to market their products. It's hard to turn down other PO's with all the exposure and pics. This was my first IS piece and tbh not 100% if they could deliver QC wise - thought surely we would have seen a production piece at a show by now just once before release. I'm losing my faith guys 1st world problems are a *****.

IS marketing budget must be $0. Nice one IS.

LOL already posted re the Civil War 1/4 delays but understand - 'coz I didn't GET it:panic:. Didn't GET why Iron Studios doesn't plaster in-hand pics all over the place etc. Best I can figure is that I am used to U.S. marketing that is pretty much in your face and repetitive. Maybe as a smaller, relatively newer company whose primary customer base is in South America they don't think like a U.S. company does.:dunno
Also when I have corresponded with IS via e-mail there's a language barrier tho we do pretty well...

Re quality - well, thanks to awesome Maniageek:clap who went and filmed IS 2017 collection in-store - all I can say is when I found this vid, I took a bunch of screen shots of the CW pieces and compared to what I received. The worst I can say is maybe on one of my Winter Soldiers, maybe the in-store eyeliner was a bit neater by comparison. The eyebrows on the prototype were done better. Maybe the in-store bases had a bit more dark wash/weathering. (Keeping in mind to even notice, you have to be within a few inches or pull off the head and look under bright light).

And that's it. Srsly wasn't expecting to receive pieces that are "prototype quality". So if I had the money I'd buy this Vader in a nanosecond for sure.

Vader is in this vid at about 17:23 (also, if all the other pieces look this good, no reason Vader would be any worse!:cool:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1v0YWDtq0&t=70s
Lançamentos 1/10 e 1/4 Iron Studios para 2017

You guys are so dramatic.

It's just frustration - I know because I shelled out $$$$ for the CW pieces and had never spent that kind of $$$ before and what kind of company DOESN'T have pictures all over the place like Sideshow does and EVERYONE knew about the Spidey debacle and I just wanted to see some in-hand pics and NOT the careful BS studio 'shopped stuff - so I completely understand.:panic:

And then the CW pieces were delayed, at first. WS delayed 3 times, Falcon delayed....but then, *jaw-dropping happiness*. It's months later now and they'd have to pull my IS pieces from my cold dead hands.:banana

So it was not on display at the iron studios booth or at Sideshow’s booth. I spoke to Susan at Sideshow and she said she doesn’t have good insight into when it’s shipping. She did say it looks great in hand and the the detailing was amazing. Sorry I couldn’t get any definitive news on the shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think IS relies mostly on their concept stores for promotion.

This is hardly the delay of the century so I'm not worried. It's not like SS haven't sent out pieces without production pics before. I think we're just all impatient to see him already lol

They've shown the production vader though, i dunno wtf you guys are whining about [emoji14] its nuts :|
The one on the SSC weekly show? I thought that was the production Vader too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The one on the SSC weekly show? I thought that was the production Vader too.

yep the one on the SSC video was a production piece. All this naysayer talk is humorous, this piece will be so hard to come by once it is released.

Someone posted it quite a few pages back.

So it was not on display at the iron studios booth or at Sideshow’s booth. I spoke to Susan at Sideshow and she said she doesn’t have good insight into when it’s shipping. She did say it looks great in hand and the the detailing was amazing. Sorry I couldn’t get any definitive news on the shipping.

I got this:

YMFoDZx.jpg

It’s not coming out this month.

They’re allowing flexpay pushbacks. They wouldn’t allow it for a second or third time if it was coming out.

I just pushed mine back for the 3rd time yesterday so I can pay off other things early, because THEY are coming out, or are out.

No sense in paying on something that’s not available yet when I have a lot on my plate already.

"Looks great and the detailing was amazing".....kinda like asking a waitress, "Anything good on the menu"?...lol

Back