Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just don't think I'd ever be able to look past all the faults and be able to enjoy it (especially with the $1200 price tag)

I may be able too except the leg armor, that is worth a hammer to the face. The rest I'm ok with enough to buy it.

Not sure there's any Star Wars pieces I'd want coming out anytime soon.

I was thinking when the Predator squats down to look at the trap when Arnold's yelling come get me I'm here his face looks just like the statue from the side. I have yet to confirm but I thought wow his face is squashed and sticking out like the statue.

The leaf blocks him but it's really out there. There is actually another scene unblocked and it's poking out far. Maybe there were 2 masks but it looks like the statue.

Ok back on topic.

I spoke to a friend who works at Popcultcha and he said they aren't sure if they'll be able to get the IS Vader, and if they do, it'll be around $999 AUD. which is about to same considering I'm getting a few RP from SSC. I just also wanted to make sure I didn't miss out (I'm hoping there is a low edition number on these but I bet it's like 2500 or 5000!)

Either way, I'm just hoping The import tax isn't too big, otherwise, I have a couple of work friends in the US who I could ship it too, then they could say it's value is less/gift is etc, would that be a better way to go? Any help is appreciated as I've never ordered anything but 1/6 from SSC who don't charge taxes as value is too small and the shipping is nothing ($36US)

Thanks guys.

Its a great piece & hard to pass up. And yeah the edition size might be in the higher side but I'm not to picky.

I can't imagine the ES being anywhere near the 7,500 of the SSC Vader piece though.

Especially with the just released Black Panther having an edition size of 470 and Falcon having one of 350.

I know Darth Vader is more popular, but still.......

I'm betting it 'll be around 3000-4000 pieces though. They've managed to get distribution in both Europe and the US, which will significantly increase sales. That and Vader's new found popularity due to Rogue One, they'd be stupid not to increase numbers, fitting the demand.

I'm betting it 'll be around 3000-4000 pieces though. They've managed to get distribution in both Europe and the US, which will significantly increase sales. That and Vader's new found popularity due to Rogue One, they'd be stupid not to increase numbers, fitting the demand.

I'd be surprised if the Edition Size is over 2000.... Their Spider-Man statue was only 1200 I believe... Not all companies are like SS where they want to flood the market with 5k statues of each character... Some companies do want to keep their products "collectible", not to mention after their fiasco with the QC on Spider-Man I imagine they will keep the numbers tight to control the QC. Then again I could be wrong and they make 20k of them :lol

Yeah I can't see this being over 2000.

Sure they have distribution in Europe but the price is insane. To put things in perspective, for 200€ more you can get a Prime 1 1/3 here, or for 500€ less the Sideshow PF (which isn't as good pose-wise ofc but that's a huge price difference for similar quality). The 500€ difference pretty much gets you a second PF like the upcoming Maul one so...

I wouldn't not with SS picking it up, half the wait was probably them trying to get them to bump up the ES.

I wouldn't not with SS picking it up, half the wait was probably them trying to get them to bump up the ES.

I would imagine SS wouldn't want them to have too big of an Edition Size as they have 7000 of their own Vaders to sell.

They'll eventually sell out of both, they don't care. More sales is more money for them.

Sure they care. There are costs associated with having thousands of units of any product sitting in inventory. Not to mention having all of that capital tied up that could be used for other products or for business operations.

There is obviously a parasitic effect of having another high end 1/4 scale piece directly competing with their own. There are only so many consumers out there willing to shell out several hundred dollars for a character statue in a particular scale, and even fewer that are willing to purchase more than one pose of the same character at that price point. Considering their profit margin is likely higher on their in-house produced Vader, I suspect SS would prefer that the Iron Studios version have a pretty limited ES to help insure that they can sell their own product within a reasonable amount of time.

SS made a calculated risk when they set the ES for their Vader so high in order to reduce the cost per unit. Having a glut of high-priced Vader statues out there vying for the dollars of a limited audience is not conducive to insuring that that risk pays off...

They already stock a ton of statues so the cost isn't going to be that high. And they make up the costs by selling more of these. If SS really were worried about their Vader not selling they wouldn't have sold this. Seriously there's legal hoops to get them to sell **** over here, why the **** would they even bother? Clearly they saw enough money to sell it, and they have a history of having people bump of ES for them. Is it going to be like 7,500? No probably not, but more than IS would have normally made for sure.

Seriously there were people a few people some pages back swearing up and down that SS wouldn't carry this because of their new Vader. I said the same ****, it's money and they don't ****ing care cause it's not gonna hurt their Vader that much. And surprise they're carrying it. Now it's "oh they just don't want to carry too many cause of their Vader". Pffft :p

Seriously how many people here were going to buy the SS Vader before the IS one was put up for sale? Not "oh I was thinking about it" but for real you were definitely gonna buy. And SS said it themselves, the vast majority of their orders comes from new customers. AKA not people on forums like these, and basically one-time buyers. They go see this **** at shows like NYCC and SS have giant booths that stand out. Most of the customers who bought that Vader aren't going to ever know an IS one exists.

One last thing cause I'm sure tons of you have this picture of a giant warehouse of thousands of vaders and other stuff. When it comes to huge ES they don't always make the whole run at once. That's why some of it has future order dates even though it's in stock. Even stuff that sold out gets made in batches cause of their huge ES nowadays.

Back