Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could see it in person before ordering. The price is decent, the pose is a little odd to me, but definitely unique. These things are so expensive these days that I gotta really make sure I want it, it fits into my collection, and I have space for it. First world problems...

I'm really looking forward to it. This will be my 3rd OT PF along with the new Boba and storm trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do they all have these weird action poses. For all its faults, the Attakus statue has the best Vader pose of any statue I've seen. Vader was always at his best when really just standing there looking menacing.

Why do they all have these weird action poses. For all its faults, the Attakus statue has the best Vader pose of any statue I've seen. Vader was always at his best when really just standing there looking menacing.

Because companies would definitely be able to entice potential/returning customers with the same old boring pose, iconic or not, over and over, statue after statue. Oh yea definitely. Let's all buy multiple Vader statues from different statue companies, all standing there in the same pose looking menacing. Just because it's a good pose doesn't mean it has to be the only one lol. The whole joy of having multiple companies doing the same character we statue collectors have come to love is that we've got a variety of options to choose from. Why plunge into an overly-saturated market with a tried and tested method when you can try a new one which may potentially create an even bigger splash? Which, from the looks of it, definitely has what it takes.

Because companies would definitely be able to entice potential/returning customers with the same old boring pose, iconic or not, over and over, statue after statue. Oh yea definitely. Let's all buy multiple Vader statues from different statue companies, all standing there in the same pose looking menacing. Just because it's a good pose doesn't mean it has to be the only one lol. The whole joy of having multiple companies doing the same character we statue collectors have come to love is that we've got a variety of options to choose from. Why plunge into an overly-saturated market with a tried and tested method when you can try a new one which may potentially create an even bigger splash? Which, from the looks of it, definitely has what it takes.

Definitely agree with this, even though I gravitate more to "museum" poses typically. In the case of characters like Vader and Fett, having options really is the way to go. We're inevitably going to see many variations from different companies and you certainly can't have them all be the same. In the case of PFs like Tarkin and Dooku (two of my favorites), the museum poses works well as it's almost certainly the only 1/4 scale version we will get of either character.

Walker always has something goofy to say...

Let him wait for the 1/4 HT and pose it how he likes.

I kinda agree with Walker. I also prefer museum poses on certain characters. I'm also not a fan of plastic poles in Vader's hands, because 99% of the time it will be just that, a plastic red pole, and not lighted up

I kinda agree with Walker. I also prefer museum poses on certain characters. I'm also not a fan of plastic poles in Vader's hands, because 99% of the time it will be just that, a plastic red pole, and not lighted up

Well just to be sure, in order for collectors to get a statue of our favorite fictional character in an overall package that we can truly align with (bearing in mind the various preferences we all have when it comes to the collecting hobby), we need diversity when it comes to posing. Diversity so collectors can pick and choose which variation of the character they like best, therefore fueling competition amongst the companies making these statues so they keep bettering their quality each time they produce another statue down the road in order to attract us collectors to their statues.

In a nutshell, even if I think Vader looks menacing without an action pose, it doesn't mean I don't or can't appreciate one with Vader in it.

For me, it just wouldn't be Vader without his saber. I think IS did a great job with this piece. There seems to be enough Vader out there to meet most people's wants/needs anyway.

Might have to have a custom box made for this one. Or anyone know of a plexiglass box big enough!?

Pffff museum pose ... Sooo booored. This piece isnt normal pose,i think one of kind(i mean vader) and im so very excited and happy. Is doing great job but we must wayt to factory sample and qc and if is all ok -> best vader in my opinion. Only sad thing is price for eu collectors...

switch out.. looks pretty good to me as well like this:

DQTi8mf.png

Back