Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not that manny for sure.. and for those who are.. they gladly probably dish out another $150 more and have a more superior Vader in the IS vader IMO .... Im sure SSC will sit on their Vader for a very very long time

Just look how many Star Wars collectors are interested in only Hasbro type figure compared to high end collectors. Easy to check on forums like Rebelscum...

I don't think the majority of Star Wars fans can afford or want to spend $500+ for a statue, not to mention having to find a place to display it.. As Collectors were willing to turn our living rooms into display rooms which most people won't do, especially if your married to someone who is not into collecting stuff. Most wives would want to spend the $500 on a new couch then a statue. Statue collectors are still a small niche... Now I know a lot of Star Wars fans who collect the $10-$20 action figures... there small and cheap so the market is bigger for them...

Yeah many collectors can't even afford the statues lol I am not writing checks for all these things either but yes overvtime it's affordable. I did however buy both red and blue Halo statues and just got R2 & C3 finally will be here Friday.

If I could I would ditch some of my 1/6 I have on order. I still may but not sure.

Well I wonder if I'll keep both Vaders when this comes in? I did build that huge Death Star interior for my SS one. Big job the take it down and make it free standing to sell with the SS Vader which I really like despite all the Vader Haters. It looks nice in my shelf. Can't use it for ESB statue.

View attachment 318733View attachment 318734View attachment 318735

Definitely wait until you get the IS in your collection before you make a decision. The way you've got the Sideshow piece in that display looks fantastic.

If you can't keep both, you'll need to determine what your display preference is. In my opinion both are amazing statues. The Sideshow piece is outstanding despite what the rivet counters may try to make you believe. ;)

I think the IS piece works best as a stand alone. Almost like a centerpiece. It's very action based but also quite low because of the crouched posture. It may look awkward paired next to museum style pieces like the SS troopers or the recent Boba Fett PF. I may display mine without anything else around it.

The Sideshow piece matches perfectly with the Boba Fett PF, and I think the two were designed that way for a reason. Because of the museum type pose, it may be easier to group the PF with the other pieces in the line.

Just my two cents. :)

Definitely wait until you get the IS in your collection before you make a decision. The way you've got the Sideshow piece in that display looks fantastic.

If you can't keep both, you'll need to determine what your display preference is. In my opinion both are amazing statues. The Sideshow piece is outstanding despite what the rivet counters may try to make you believe. ;)

I think the IS piece works best as a stand alone. Almost like a centerpiece. It's very action based but also quite low because of the crouched posture. It may look awkward paired next to museum style pieces like the SS troopers or the recent Boba Fett PF. I may display mine without anything else around it.

The Sideshow piece matches perfectly with the Boba Fett PF, and I think the two were designed that way for a reason. Because of the museum type pose, it may be easier to group the PF with the other pieces in the line.

Just my two cents. :)

Thanks. Well my Fett is awaiting his father to come which is a perfect match. Just sold a folding machine so I can pay a few things off now.

My plan was to display Kylo Ren under him. I have a plan in the works for Ren. I can't wait to show it off but it will be a bit of work in the technical arena.

Maybe I'll slap this Vader on a different shelf. I have so many shelves but they are filing up faster than I thought. I still want Skeletor and the lot lol. I have a mix and match shelf, Halo shelf, starvwars shelves. I soooooo confused lol

If anyone has a preorder open with Secret Compass and isn't going through with their purchase, I'm interested in taking your purchase over from you! :p

If anyone has a preorder open with Secret Compass and isn't going through with their purchase, I'm interested in taking your purchase over from you! :p

you should tell me a few days ago ... ..

you should tell me a few days ago ... ..

latest.jpg

Attachments

• Darth-vader-nooooo.jpg
    Darth-vader-nooooo.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 136
Vat to Belgium is around 21% and shipping will be around 175$. Increasing the total cost up to 1000+$ However SC allows you to give an alternate value to the piece for customs, allowing for lower Vat.

Vat to Belgium is around 21% and shipping will be around 175$. Increasing the total cost up to 1000+$ However SC allows you to give an alternate value to the piece for customs, allowing for lower Vat.

got it..dang...sorry

Guess I'll be ordering from SSC after all and have a family member living in the states forward it to me. If anyone has a discount code left they aren't using... :D

Ordered mine a few days ago. Not looking forward to the shipping estimate, nor the tax estimate. Might have to cancel mine as it'll be well north of $1100 AU :(

Anyone else have one on Pre-Order from Australia? I've only ordered 1/6 scale directly from SSC so there's no tax. But this being a bigger more expensive piece feel they will sting me.

Might have to sell both the Original Vader PF and the Mythos Vader I have just to pay for it. 😢

Last edited:
Ordered mine a few days ago. Not looking forward to the shipping estimate, nor the tax estimate. Might have to cancel mine as it'll be well north of $1100 AU :(

Anyone else have one on Pre-Order from Australia? I've only ordered 1/6 scale directly from SSC so there's no tax. But this being a bigger more expensive piece feel they will sting me.

Might have to sell both the Original Vader PF and the Mythos Vader I have just to pay for it. ��

I don't see why Popculcha won't have this on preorder in the future.

Keep in mind that the recent SS Venom which goes for the same price of $650 is available for $899.99 AUD on Popcultcha. But then again the recent Iron Studios Black Panther which is $600 USD was $999.99 AUD, but has since increased to $1,199.99.

Hopefully Popcultcha will have their lower preorder prices when this piece goes up on their site.

And note that by the time this ships from the US, GST and custom duties will apply from 1st July this year.

I finally broke down and preordered this through AlterEgo (9% sales tax deters me from ordering from Sideshow).

I was torn between this and the Predator Maquette, but I just don't trust Sideshow's production paint applications to preorder the Predator.

I finally broke down and preordered this through AlterEgo (9% sales tax deters me from ordering from Sideshow).

I was torn between this and the Predator Maquette, but I just don't trust Sideshow's production paint applications to preorder the Predator.

Great lol I've been planning on the Predator and my Voltron better be perfect or I'll be exchanging what I need to and they better not play around lol I'm kidding sort of but I personally had one issue out of all my stuff but it was a HT Spacetrooper oh and a tiny smudge on my gold troopers back of its helmet.

Good choice, their Predator is a mess.

Back