Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On this yt video, from the 23.50 mark, you can see the "green eye lenses". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIQhiPePhM

And this link, from the 8.19 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woBUhlpUpY

Watched both at those times. Dont see it on the first video, and the second video isnt a very clean video. The green tint on the second video is caused by bad cell phone cam exposure, as you can see his lighting in his room background is supposed to be white, but has a tint of green in his surrounding environment. Everything in that room is off colored cell cam exposure. I would also say, if the reviewer saw that much green from that kind of exposure, I would think he would had mentioned it, as he was looking at the portrait for a fair amount of time before putting it back.

Not sure what youre speaking of with green lenses. I would have noticed it myself staring deep into the black gaze countless of times. This is actually the fist time Im hearing about it. lol!

There will be variations, I had 2 of these for a short time and one was a little green and the other wasn't green at all.

Not sure what youre speaking of with green lenses. I would have noticed it myself staring deep into the black gaze countless of times. This is actually the fist time Im hearing about it. lol!

Take a shot of your IS Vader

It's very slight, & I've never noticed it before, but there is a green tint.

20190717_110358.jpg

But until I took this photo, I also never noticed the lenses don't take up the entire eye socket either.

Has anyone tried, or know of a different cape that works well with the IS Vader. I really want to see how it would look with a non wired, free hanging cape. Any info would be appreciated. :duff

Has anyone tried, or know of a different cape that works well with the IS Vader. I really want to see how it would look with a non wired, free hanging cape. Any info would be appreciated. :duff

I haven't, but shouldn't be hard to make one or have a tailor do one to try for yourself, I have seen guys do that for their 1/4 Hot Toys batman capes.

Being a statue that is in action pose, a regular flat cape might look odd.

I haven't, but shouldn't be hard to make one or have a tailor do one to try for yourself, I have seen guys do that for their 1/4 Hot Toys batman capes.

Thanks! Probably wouldn't go that route. I was mostly curious if anyplace sold pieced out HT 1/4 Vaders. I looked on Toy Anxiety but no go.

Being a statue that is in action pose, a regular flat cape might look odd.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't mind the flowing look at all, I was just thinking the cape would be easier to keep clean if I could just take it off every so often and shake it out.:lol As it is it's no big deal, I love it the way it is. I just don't clean it as much as I should because I hate reshaping it when I have it the way I want it. For some reason I thought 1/4 scale Vader capes would be more common.

You might be able to find one on eBay, that one might not be the exact same size/scale and could look off on the statue though. As for the flowing issue, you could always add a small fan to get that effect :lol

Mine sold finally on eBay for $700

There’s like 5 up now. Lol.

Don’t know what’s going on with this piece. My I guess is with everything else coming out, some people are willing to part with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t know what’s going on with this piece. My I guess is with everything else coming out, some people are willing to part with it.

It's definitely a buyers market for Star Wars collectibles right now. Just looking at how low the various Boba Fett PFs have been sold at on ebay recently is crazy. The only BF statue that still goes for big bucks is the Mythos. The last couple Star Wars movies (not including RO) have really had a negative effect.

It's definitely a buyers market for Star Wars collectibles right now. Just looking at how low the various Boba Fett PFs have been sold at on ebay recently is crazy. The only BF statue that still goes for big bucks is the Mythos. The last couple Star Wars movies (not including RO) have really had a negative effect.

Yeah, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can’t unsee see it. [emoji23]

It's cyclical, they did the same thing about 3 months or so after they came out and got even lower, but then gradually increased for a while. Now they seem to be a another low, but I can't believe it will stay that way. Its a great piece and Iron Studios is getting to be a bigger name as time goes on. For anyone who missed out its a great time to pick one up.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't mind the flowing look at all, I was just thinking the cape would be easier to keep clean if I could just take it off every so often and shake it out.:lol As it is it's no big deal, I love it the way it is. I just don't clean it as much as I should because I hate reshaping it when I have it the way I want it. For some reason I thought 1/4 scale Vader capes would be more common.

1/4 HT Vader hasn't been released yet, so no way Toy Anxiety has parts from it ;) As for cleaning the cape, it is quite easy to do it as it is with Giottos Rocket Air Blower (used by professional photographers to clean their camera lenses) & a simple makeup brush. While you take it off you might also want to steam it up with a steamer to make the creases go away.

Giottos Rocket Air Blower & Makeup Brush.jpg

1/4 HT Vader hasn't been released yet, so no way Toy Anxiety has parts from it ;) As for cleaning the cape, it is quite easy to do it as it is with Giottos Rocket Air Blower (used by professional photographers to clean their camera lenses) & a simple makeup brush. While you take it off you might also want to steam it up with a steamer to make the creases go away.

Whoops, shows how much attention I pay to HT.:lol

I was looking at Vader last night and a flat, hanging cape won't look right with the action pose(like you said earlier). My wife has plenty of makeup brushes - so I'll definitely give that a try.

Thanks for the tips!:duff

Whoops, shows how much attention I pay to HT.:lol

I was looking at Vader last night and a flat, hanging cape won't look right with the action pose(like you said earlier). My wife has plenty of makeup brushes - so I'll definitely give that a try.

Thanks for the tips!:duff

The 1/4 HT Vader looks great in the promo pics, but I'm afraid of the low quality pleather/faux leather (and rubber too) HT usually uses for their figures. I don't want HT Vader to start breaking down in a few years, it will be more visible on a 1/4 figure than on a 1/6. Now if they used genuine leather, I'd be all over it in a second

As for IS Vader, it might also have some minor accuracy issues (already discussed in the thread, so I will not discuss further), and the cape might be a bit larger, but in the end is a superb statue. The cape can be very well positioned, if you have a bit of spare time to handle it, and in the end no IS Vader will look like another, due to the different ways you can display the cape and the included hands and accessories.

The 1/4 HT Vader looks great in the promo pics, but I'm afraid of the low quality pleather/faux leather (and rubber too) HT usually uses for their figures. I don't want HT Vader to start breaking down in a few years, it will be more visible on a 1/4 figure than on a 1/6. Now if they used genuine leather, I'd be all over it in a second

As for IS Vader, it might also have some minor accuracy issues (already discussed in the thread, so I will not discuss further), and the cape might be a bit larger, but in the end is a superb statue. The cape can be very well positioned, if you have a bit of spare time to handle it, and in the end no IS Vader will look like another, due to the different ways you can display the cape and the included hands and accessories.

Agree on the HT 1/4 Vader it does look great but yeah, I don't trust how the fake leather will hold up. I'm also not a big fan of the tall stand that comes with him.

The IS Vader is the best 1/4 Vader currently IMO.

Back