Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are supposed to so would be a (negative) surprise if they don’t. Can’t see them just removing that without saying so.

Man, long time since I was this excited about a piece coming. Mainly of course because we have seen so little of it. If they don’t screw anything up, I’m sure this will be a statue that will be in high demand in the coming years, it’s just perfect and with a low ES as well. Actually extremely surprised this has not sold out yet. It’s an action-pose Vader from ESB!

They are supposed to so would be a (negative) surprise if they don’t. Can’t see them just removing that without saying so.

Man, long time since I was this excited about a piece coming. Mainly of course because we have seen so little of it. If they don’t screw anything up, I’m sure this will be a statue that will be in high demand in the coming years, it’s just perfect and with a low ES as well. Actually extremely surprised this has not sold out yet. It’s an action-pose Vader from ESB!

Ive been thinking about getting this piece for a long time. But IS has a rep for bad qc, which puts me off from ordering just a little. Especially at its price point. Not seeing the box blink has me worried that they removed that function. We'll see though. Good luck!

I haven’t followed IS that closely, I only have their AoU Iron Man, which was perfect in terms of quality. Aside from obviously the whole Spider-man thing, do they really have such a bad record? Wasn’t the Civil War statues pretty well received? Buying a statue is always a risk, and we all remember not too long ago when SSC also got a lot of heat for very poor QC, they seemed to have stepped up now. I didn’t get that Spidey mainly because I had fears it would be a lot of problems with ir, and I think they also learned a lesson making such a complex statue. Hope they will rise from that. Always a bit nervous getting something you have seen so little of, but that’s just IS and judging from the SS Live video this looks good so far.

And if it sucks you just send it back for a full refund...its awesome we win...it sucks we get to order something else!! Win win.

And if it sucks you just send it back for a full refund...its awesome we win...it sucks we get to order something else!! Win win.

Not quite this simple for international folk. You only get a full refund if it's damaged. If you decide you don't like it, you have to pay the return shipping which is obviously incredibly expensive on something this size.

I haven’t followed IS that closely, I only have their AoU Iron Man, which was perfect in terms of quality. Aside from obviously the whole Spider-man thing, do they really have such a bad record? Wasn’t the Civil War statues pretty well received? Buying a statue is always a risk, and we all remember not too long ago when SSC also got a lot of heat for very poor QC, they seemed to have stepped up now. I didn’t get that Spidey mainly because I had fears it would be a lot of problems with ir, and I think they also learned a lesson making such a complex statue. Hope they will rise from that. Always a bit nervous getting something you have seen so little of, but that’s just IS and judging from the SS Live video this looks good so far.

The "rep" I guess may be from the Spidey debacle and then from SSC. SSC told me by e-mail (re the CW pieces earlier this year) that they were inspecting IS pieces before shipping. Delayed CW Falcon supposedly for broken wing? and "paint" issues - it was never very clear.

Because other folks ordering from Popcultcha were getting perfect CW pieces. Anyway like this DV, ordering from IS for me was nerve wracking; and then gorgeous piece after gorgeous piece rolled in. IMO it's hard to believe I'll ever own anything finer at that price range. Ordered Falcon and WS from Popcultcha and they showed up perfect; IMO the pieces I got might as well be prototypes.

Watching this thread 'coz I'm curious and if I had the money I'd grab this Vader, based on the CW pieces. Which are so good I ordered seconds of Cap and WS. Not saying EVERYONE got perfect CW pieces but from what I read, any issues weren't, overall, anything that might not have happened with any production run. BTW tho SSC said they were inspecting all the IS pieces before shipping - I found that hard to believe, as my boxes didn't look inspected:monkey3. But, whatever, my jaw dropped every shipment.

And just got the feeling SSC did get into it with IS over the Spidey debacle - with as much as they will say in e-mail or publicly. Finally, in corresponding with IS directly, it was obvious they DO care about what they are doing. For me it's just kind of maddening as they don't seem to operate the way SSC does w. lots of pictures and instant chats and so on. LOL because they are in Brazil.:lol

Looking forward to the day people wont bring Spider in an IS thread. Maybe my grandson will see. Most people talk about it without even owning the thing. I own one and the company fixed a small transport issue without drama, IS rocks.

Lol yikes if you read the comments I would expect to get a Vader with bad paint, cracked pieces and nobody to care.

It's all due to no production pix I'm sure. I understand the video has one but still.

This is the truth. When has a production pic stopped people from having issues? I'll tell you, it never has. If it has issues I'm sure it will hurt IS but their other recent releases I've seen reviews on look pretty damn good.

You can't go by old issues more than all the great reviews I mean it's like 1 vs 10 with good winning.

I will say yes, I'd like to see a different production pix set than the video but yeesh people lighten up at least till you have an in hand problem which I hope nobody has... especially me.

All companies doing stuff like this have had QC issues here and there. Not sure why the spiderman thing continues to define Iron Studios in the mind of some folks considering they have released multiple terrific statues since. Very excited to get Vader in!

Got mine too. Will most likely be here Wednesday if it ships Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I'll be out of town but if it ships Friday I'll get it Thursday likely so I'll be back Sunday. Brother better bring it in carefully.

This is going to be in the corner of my mind. Distraction is key. Nice to know Stranger Things S2 will help with that.

Back