Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jaws. I'm blaming you and MYC for this purchase! Loved your video - and I love all the quality gear MYC does, so when both were going bananas on it... I couldn't help myself... even if I'm stretching things a bit.

Like my new home?

:lol

See my additional comment below :)

same here. not only do i have darth on waitlist but i was able to snatch up boba fett for 350(steal of a deal)

all because of Jaws youtube video. i was on the fence already with these pieces for awhile and it pushed me right over seeing how well they complimented each other

That is awesome to hear guys... I am glad my videos help with deciding on purchases or not and that they are helpful and interesting enough to be viewed..

Hope you convert Starscream! Boba was a great pick up.. Even if you have to wait on Vader or miss the chance the Boba is worth it and looks great on his own also.. Second best SW statue IMO

I just got my replacement Right lightsaber arm from Sideshow. Very well packed and no issues with the replacement. In fact, it fits better than my previous right arm! :0

I just got my replacement Right lightsaber arm from Sideshow. Very well packed and no issues with the replacement. In fact, it fits better than my previous right arm! :0
Nice. I just got notice that my replacement helmet is on the way. Only took a few days.

Interesting I don't have to do anything with the current helmet. It's really not that bad but figured for what I paid I shouldn't have to put up with a little scuff that wasn't my doing.

Not sure what I'll do with two helmets but nice to have I guess.
4435ecca78f8dfd6da3e7f0cf65409c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice. I just got notice that my replacement helmet is on the way. Only took a few days.

Interesting I don't have to do anything with the current helmet. It's really not that bad but figured for what I paid I shouldn't have to put up with a little scuff that wasn't my doing.

Not sure what I'll do with two helmets but nice to have I guess.
4435ecca78f8dfd6da3e7f0cf65409c7.jpg

Swirls on polished black paint are inevitable. Especially under direct or harsh lighting. Don’t be surprised if the replacement has them somewhere as well, it’s nearly
Impossible to avoid. Ask anyone who’s owned a black car LOL!!

Those aren't swirls, those are dust and finger prints or just where I wiped a bit with some water.

The scuff over his eye on the dome is missing paint, that's the reason for the new helmet.

I could live with swirls, but I can feel a small chunk of paint missing in the spot. Small but it bugged me.

ad8bf551e9e9c5def159ab93e3255a42.jpg

Man...all these awesome pics are makiing me pray that my wait-list converts! Fingers crossed for all on the wait-list who are praying/wishing as hard as me ;-)
Yes good luck all you waitlisters! I hope it converts. Still cant stop staring and messing With this one.

Those aren't swirls, those are dust and finger prints or just where I wiped a bit with some water.

The scuff over his eye on the dome is missing paint, that's the reason for the new helmet.

I could live with swirls, but I can feel a small chunk of paint missing in the spot. Small but it bugged me.

ad8bf551e9e9c5def159ab93e3255a42.jpg

Ah ok I didn’t initially see that, That looks like a chip. Glad they are sending you a replacement.

Ah ok I didn’t initially see that, That looks like a chip. Glad they are sending you a replacement.
Yeah I felt a little picky asking but they agreed I should get another so I'm glad I asked.

I truly hope everyone waiting to get this ends up with it. It's truly stunning, I'm still in awe over it.

I had some issues with the black areas of my silver and black chest plate on Vader's body. Under direct light, one of the black stripes had either a light fingerprint smudge or some paint rub or something. I took some soft cloth (the kind they recommend you clean and polish your glasses or shades with) and started polishing the black stripe of Vader's chest. After about 15 minutes I noticed that it was significantly better.

Do you guys recommend I keep it up or will I eventually get to a point where I'll start harming the paint.

These smudges are so minor that I don't even think they'll properly show up on a photograph, that's how minute they are.

Someone here gave me the idea that swirls can be polished out on shiny black paint and I kind of just ran with it and so far it seems to be working. I just hope I don't eventually harm it.

Price.

It’s really such a great bargain that you get so much detail, accessories and lights for $650

It’s gone because of the $650 price tag. It’s an almost too good to be true price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price.

It’s really such a great bargain that you get so much detail, accessories and lights for $650

It’s gone because of the $650 price tag. It’s an almost too good to be true price point.

:exactly: This should have easily been $699+. I'm surprised how long it was on pre-order and not sold out. I mean its VADER! I guess people were still cautious after the Spiderman incident? I think we can put that to rest now. lol

I'd hate to say this but I think that at this point those that really want this piece should probably bite the bullet and pay 1k on eBay since within 6 months to a year this is an almost guaranteed $2k piece.

Think about it, the ES for Mythos Vader was 5,000 ES and it now sells for nearly $1k. That's 5 times the ES of this Vader, was received worse at its release (OMG why is it orange) and is part of a less popular 1/5th scale line and that Vader is nearly $1k now.......

:exactly: This should have easily been $699+. I'm surprised how long it was on pre-order and not sold out. I mean its VADER! I guess people were still cautious after the Spiderman incident? I think we can put that to rest now. lol

With this kind of attention to detail and accessories, SS would have shafted us with a $799 or $899 price point.

And then still manage to fumble it.

I'd hate to say this but I think that at this point those that really want this piece should probably bite the bullet and pay 1k on eBay since within 6 months to a year this is an almost guaranteed $2k piece.

Think about it, the ES for Mythos Vader was 5,000 ES and it now sells for nearly $1k. That's 5 times the ES of this Vader, was received worse at its release (OMG why is it orange) and is part of a less popular 1/5th scale line and that Vader is nearly $1k now.......

People will be selling those mythos now and buying this Vader.

Those myths Vader’s are now worthless. [emoji15][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember when many were complaining that PF prices had crossed the $500 mark. Now everyone seems to think this one should've been more expensive than it was :lol I suppose it must go in cycles..

I'm happy with my mythos personally. Both are interesting sculpts, but it takes up a lot less room and looks better from different angles IMO. To me the IS Vader doesn't look all that good from anything other than straight-on, and in addition to that it needs a lot of space to "breathe" to avoid looking cramped.

It is incredibly impressive from that angle, though. Congrats to those who got one and good luck to those who haven't yet! :clap

Back