Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why he's punching the ground (looks like ice) but if Dave is right and the area where he's punching lights up, especially in that icy-blue color, this will be TOO COOL! :rock

It's funny, but I remember when the first 1/4 scale figure was coming out. Everyone was complaining that it was too big, too expensive, didn't match with my little 12"s figures, yada, yada, yada. Now all I hear is "it better be 1/4" or "c'mon SS, make it 1/4!"

Funny.

Eric

I dont think everyone was complaining.

I cant wait to see this though I wish we would of seen a teaser of the actual product than the artwork for it.

i didnt grow up reading comics... could anyhow show me how does the "70s/80s" ironman look like? so that i can see the difference and why some of you here prefer that version.

JAN052343.jpg

A pretty boring pose for Iron Man. And really not a better suit (less "tech") but more nostalgic for us post-boomer kids.

Silver Centurion Iron Man is one of the best armors in my opinion, and the new Extremis based vesion is nice...

FlyAndFight said:
I'm not sure why he's punching the ground (looks like ice) but if Dave is right and the area where he's punching lights up, especially in that icy-blue color, this will be TOO COOL! :rock

Because its a cool thing to do when your are a comic book character!:banana

Nice find Alice. Maybe I don't mind that style armor so much. And those pics brought up a point - he looks kind of cool with the helmet off too.

Nice pictures. I don't know, though. Something about that cheek+upper jaw+ nose piece makes the IM face mask look like a beak. But I like the newer armor at the joints, though.

I probably will end up getting this piece. Bought my first comic book bust today, Mystique from SOTA/Diamond select. Wasn't as painful as I thought shelling out for that piece. I see more of that in my future, so might as well go for the best...:naughty

Polystoner said:
Nice pictures. I don't know, though. Something about that cheek+upper jaw+ nose piece makes the IM face mask look like a beak. But I like the newer armor at the joints, though.
Yeah I feel the same way, Iron Man always had a iconic face and the modern armor just doesn't resemble Iron Man fully without it. I still like the basic design of the modern armor and the new helmet is cool looking if drawn properly. But Iconic Iron Man for me will always be the 70's & 80's armor.
Another cool looking version of Iron Man that I always Liked was the Jay Lee design from the reborn saga. The saga may have stunk for the most part but I thought the armor had a cool intimidating look to it.
Edit:
I think I'm mistaken, it was Whilce Portacio that created the armor design.

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
Yeah I feel the same way, Iron Man always had a iconic face and the modern armor just doesn't resemble Iron Man fully without it. I still like the basic design of the modern armor and the new helmet is cool looking if drawn properly. But Iconic Iron Man for me will always be the 70's & 80's armor.
Another cool looking version of Iron Man that I always Liked was the Jay Lee design from the reborn saga. The saga may have stunk for the most part but I thought the armor had a cool intimidating look to it.

I agree with ya there screaming, it had a very indominable look to it..

Back