Iron man up for preorder!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mithrandier said:
This piece is amazing. I was not sure why they named it a comiqutte from the start and was a little afraid of what it was going to be. But to me it looks like a diorama.

Maybe it's called Comiquette because it's an interpretation of an image straight from comic book page to polystone

Im a bigger fan of the classic suit also, but this piece is SO nice!
the only one ... tiny thing Id change is that the broken ground is sort of coming up to the fist as opposed to the fist punching into the ground.

outside of that picky observation, its beeyooo-tiful!

As much as I might have preferred the traditional costume, after seeing the SSC one I can't imagine it any other way. I also prefer the dynamic pose.

I guess they coined a new term because while it fits in with the Marvel PFs, it's not mixed media and thus doesn't fit the description of the Premium Format.

Since they are doing something like the comiquette, I have one for them, even though he probably has more statues & busts out there than anyone. In Wolverine #75, he pops his claws for Jubilee while talking with her at the base of a tree. It shows him looking through his bone claws. This would be great, for me anyways. I know that there are other great artists with a lot more characters that have yet to really get any good pieces of them made, and I really would prefer them to make those pieces first. But if they keep with the comiquette theme, maybe down the road they can do this one.

I actually like the pose but I cant help but think this pose would of also have worked for Angel/Archangel with his wings spread out ready to spring into the air.

I'd hate to see them start doing straight statues in 1/4 scale instead of PFs as that Wolverine would be. Ironman fits in with the PFs since there's no cloth in his costume, but I'll be less inclined to buy any other fully sculpted Marvel characters.

Viking28 said:
I actually like the pose but I cant help but think this pose would of also have worked for Angel/Archangel with his wings spread out ready to spring into the air.

That would definitely be a beautiful pose but can you imagine the size of that piece, with full spread wingspan?! :google

Well congratulations SS, you just made me pull the trigger on my first Marvel 1:4. He looks awesome. I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say, but the Marvel line is holding a lot more promise for me right now than Star Wars this year. I have high hopes for Vader and Obi Wan, but so far the final product on Luke and Han didn't completely wow. I've seen nothing but excellence on Marvel and guess it's time to start playing catch up...put in for the wait list for Doom today. :banana

Back