Iron man Dilemma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apax07

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So I have been collecting 1/6 figures of my favorite hero's and characters. I do not really care about obtaining ALL the avengers or anything like that...I usually just do pairs. That being said, I am having SUCH a hard time deciding whether if I want the Hot Toys Mark 46 Concept Version or the newly announced Mark 85....There is something about the 46 that draws me to it, but I feel like it has a slight visual advantage since it is already out and I can see people reviewing it....I do not like how it does not have many accessories or extra head sculpt....The 85 looks very similar, has accessories and more coming soon, and an extra Tony stark head sculpt....might be the last on screen Iron Man suit we see (maybe) at least wrapping up this decade in the making story about the infinity stones. I do like the idea of pairing the new War Machine from Endgame that I'm sure will be announced eventually....I just wanted what people think on this dilemma I have! haha I know i can just get both, but I am trying to narrow it down.....

Side note! I do have a Mark 7 and the original war machine from Iron Man 2 paired up already....(i know it's not the same movie, but I felt the mark 7 had a modern traditional look at the time).

take the endgame version, that armor has the representative classic colors of Iron man and for being the one that closes the arc of IW is going to be very symbolic. Also you can get cheaper and new ;)

Definitely hold out for the 85 or if you want a nice Iron Man now grab the mk. 50, it's beautiful. I'd say either get the Mk. 50 or wait for the 85 so you can own an Iron Man with a very accurate Tony sculpt, because the one that came with the 7 isn't that great. What I would do in your sutuation is pick up the Mk. 50 and then sell it when the 85 releases and put it towards that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd vote for the 85. The concept 46 seemed like just a total cash grab. At least the 85 is going to be in a movie, plus like you said it's coming with accessories. Even if you never used the Tony head you could probably sell it for $75 or something to lower your cost.

My vote is for 85. But who knows after the movie comes out there may be an even better suit. I'd wait until the movie comes out.

I was just comparing these 2 earlier, they are really close. Endgame armor gets my vote with the Downey head being the tiebreaker. I've not ordered yet though.

Mark 85 for Endgame significance, what looks like bulkier proportions and a callback to classic comic armour.

Mark IV for classic colours, bulk, attitude, posing options. Beautiful lines.

I had the CW Mark 46 and my one gripe for an otherwise stellar figure: waist was too thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could buy the concept version now and sell it later for the 85,that way you have an IRonman in your collection until the 85 releases. I feel you will be more content with the 85 in the long run,its an amazing looking piece with more significant value.

I'll share my thoughts in this thread for consistency purposes but mods please feel free to merge with the Mark 85 thread if you think it's more appropriate.

For me, I prefer the Mark 85 over the concept art version for two reasons:
1) Helmet - I prefer the cleaner look of the Mark 85's helmet. The concept art helmet has "eyebrows" which I am not a big fan of.
2) Shape - I prefer the more streamlined and elegant shape of the Mark 85 suit.

85 for all the reasons that you listed yourself and then some.

Concept is cool but I feel it lost some of its shine now that there's an armor with the same homage to the comic look that'll actually be in a movie.

Mk85... At least it's in the movies, more accessories and even though I like the mk46, the concept art is just a repaint. I don't have any connections to it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mk 85.

You also have the opportunity to do a bit of an Iron Man evolution display if you wanted to by putting the Mk 85 with the Diecast Mk 7 and Mk 43.

Back