Iron Man Comiquette on Ebay, My Grail, He taunts me once more!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raelthorne

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey folks,

As some of you are aware, the Iron Man Comiquette has been my Grail since summer 2006.

It was my reason for getting into Sideshow and yet, it always slipped out of my grasp in the final few seconds of any EBay auction.

At some point in the past, I accepted that I would never place my hands on one; that it was fate and so was never meant to be. I garnered some small satisfaction from the Stealth Statue, but the original still sang its Siren song to me. However none appeared on EBay, until tonight.

When I heard Sideshow had gotten the license for the Iron Man movie and that Stan Winston Studios were providing the armor for the film, I hoped that Sideshow would make a light up Maquette of Iron Man, something like the Predator in terms of detail and scale. So far all they've released is a few replica helms and a life size bust which will only ship from the US and therefore isn't practical for us European customers.

So, do I bid for the Iron Man Comiquette on EBay and part with $1000+ of my hard earned cash or do I wait until San Diego Comic Con and hope that Sideshow preview/release something then?

I humbly ask for your advice,

Ken

Win the one on ebay, then buy whatever Sideshow puts out later. The best of both worlds.

$1000 will buy you any Marvel grail. The question you need to grapple with is, how did it escape your grasp if you always had $1000 lying around???

I've decided to wait and see what Sideshow announce now that the film is being released into the cinema. If nothing comes out, then I'll have to wait for the next one.

I'll hold onto the cash because I'm hoping to get a custom cabinet designed and built for my figures this summer, I have the Red Skull and Indy Ex PFs on preorder, I'm waiting on my Stealth Iron Man replacement and I'm keeping my eye on a Punisher PF.

Ken

There will always be something better in the future...save your money, you won't regret it

I just saw the movie, it was horrible. I had to cancel my busts from sideshow.

There will always be something better in the future...save your money, you won't regret it

Maybe and maybe not...my brother collects as well and he passes on some of the coolest collectibles because 'something better' will be released down the line, and I always tell him you only live once and you never know when your card will get pulled and it might get pulled before that 'something better' comes along...if this is your grail, you will have no regrets about buying it, ever, even if something better comes along.

Buy the one that started it all. Sideshow's Iron Man comicquette is truly a work of art. I have people over to the house who know nothing about comics and they always comment on how well its painted. "It looks like real metal", or "its got a better paint job than my car" are two of the comments I often hear. Its a great piece. Costly...but great. Besides there will be more satisfaction for you in buying a piece you have longed for rather than just picking up something to "fill an Iron Man entry" in your collection.

Patience is key. For 1,000, you can get this price anytime you want.... Iron Man is listed on ebay on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. And as the movies coming out, there is a high chance it will be just be mediocre or flop....causing the price to decline since less people will be interested in a bad movie.

Take the money and buy Visa stock :) I did and I can get 3 Iron Man for the price of 1K each :).

the price for the sideshow IM comiquette will not be affected by how the movie is. the price for this piece will only continue to rise cuz all flippers have probably sold theirs and most people who have these are real collectors who do not want to part wih one of the most amazing piece by sideshow. availability will decrease and price will increase

the price for the sideshow IM comiquette will not be affected by how the movie is. the price for this piece will only continue to rise cuz all flippers have probably sold theirs and most people who have these are real collectors who do not want to part wih one of the most amazing piece by sideshow. availability will decrease and price will increase

can you tell us any more ss pieces that have no ceiling in value? :lol i need more of those. :rotfl

i believe that the im 1:1 bust is WAY cooler than the first ss im comiquette. directly from stan winston studios from the movie molds, this bust is more screen accurate than any other im collectible. a steal for $700 or less if you look.

i even think light up sim is better than the original too. to each his own i guess.

Back