Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine in, pretty clean. Its got a couple very faint scuffs on the face and pelvis, got to have the light just right and be very close to see them. Not enough to make a fuss

4Rvgv8F.jpg

Now you see them
48bZ9pC.jpg

Now you dont
8pROGdU.jpg

j87mxjc.jpg

So you're cool with the faint scuffs?

My Mk. 85 has them too...but luckily only on the removable chest piece, so I'm trying to decide if trying to get a replacement is worth the effort...

So you're cool with the faint scuffs?

My Mk. 85 has them too...but luckily only on the removable chest piece, so I'm trying to decide if trying to get a replacement is worth the effort...

They are really faint. I've had scratches before that I got replacements for in the past, but they were a lot more obvious. For these I doubt its worth the effort, or the odds of getting a replacement that is just as bad. I haven't actually tried the lights yet, thats historically the most broken part of these figures for me actually.

They are really faint. I've had scratches before that I got replacements for in the past, but they were a lot more obvious. For these I doubt its worth the effort, or the odds of getting a replacement that is just as bad. I haven't actually tried the lights yet, thats historically the most broken part of these figures for me actually.

Well, if it's no bother to you, then I guess it's not worth the hassle! Glad you're enjoying it then!

And yeah, ugh...I still need to test out the lights on my Mk. 85... :gah:

And the chances that you get a worst piece after replacement are not neglectable at all... I would also keep it and feel happy because they are really very minor issues (it might be much worst, since the gold will show any issues in a much more pronounced manner than any red+gold suit variants). Nice piece. Enjoy it!

Finally got around to installing all the batteries on my Mk. 85 to test out...ugh, it's always such a pain in the butt and always a guaranteed 60-90 mins gone! :slap

That's why i never do it anymore lol

Same here (also the chances to scratch anything are higher with the increased number of light spots in recent suits + sometimes extremely tough to remove some parts to access the batteries position)

Finally got around to installing all the batteries on my Mk. 85 to test out...ugh, it's always such a pain in the butt and always a guaranteed 60-90 mins gone! :slap

That's why i never do it anymore lol

Wow, you 2 sound like such babies ��

60-90 mins!?!?!? ALS, arthritis or just terrible coordination? ��

I know that subzro has plenty of armors, gmoney’s collection is more difficult to figure out but the 2 of you have plenty of experience with IM batteries that, even without a micro powered screwdriver, you will be using a set of tweezers and should be spending 20 minutes maximum on the standard 4 compartment layouts (I know that Mk. 44, 46/47, 50 & 80 have more than 4). I also realize that the lights aren’t all important to everyone but sometimes you will notice details (especially in the chest RT) that would not be noticeable with the lights off.

Sure, I’m an overall fan of seeing them lit up which is why I’ve spent money on Soap & Fusion Reactors as well as followed guides to make my own conversion wires but do know that plenty of people don’t care. Unfortunately there’s the case that I personally hate to bring up which is testing the lights so you can return/exchange defects which only plagued me once with the Mk. 46 Concept torso (common occurrence). There are even armors that I will freely admit barely benefit from the LED’s turned on like Starboost with the eyeless faceplate and that HT’s should have learned from their 1/4 armors that people like having the option to swap out the clear plastic for the white plastic on the chest RT.

But whatever, you guys DO YOU! Hahahaha, I know you always do and always will. All I can hope is that you heard my sarcasm.

Wow, you 2 sound like such babies ��

60-90 mins!?!?!? ALS, arthritis or just terrible coordination? ��

I know that subzro has plenty of armors, gmoney’s collection is more difficult to figure out but the 2 of you have plenty of experience with IM batteries that, even without a micro powered screwdriver, you will be using a set of tweezers and should be spending 20 minutes maximum on the standard 4 compartment layouts (I know that Mk. 44, 46/47, 50 & 80 have more than 4). I also realize that the lights aren’t all important to everyone but sometimes you will notice details (especially in the chest RT) that would not be noticeable with the lights off.

Sure, I’m an overall fan of seeing them lit up which is why I’ve spent money on Soap & Fusion Reactors as well as followed guides to make my own conversion wires but do know that plenty of people don’t care. Unfortunately there’s the case that I personally hate to bring up which is testing the lights so you can return/exchange defects which only plagued me once with the Mk. 46 Concept torso (common occurrence). There are even armors that I will freely admit barely benefit from the LED’s turned on like Starboost with the eyeless faceplate and that HT’s should have learned from their 1/4 armors that people like having the option to swap out the clear plastic for the white plastic on the chest RT.

But whatever, you guys DO YOU! Hahahaha, I know you always do and always will. All I can hope is that you heard my sarcasm.

Well, I own 12 IM/WM Diecast figs at this point...and lemme tell you having as many as I do unfortunately doesn't make adding the batteries any easier. I'd say most of the time is wasted on trying to delicately pry off the panels because the last thing I would ever want is to either snap a piece or chip the paint...as both would really cause my perfectionist collecting OCD to set off.

The thigh panels on the Mk. 85 were a bizzz natch to get off, as a lot of force was needed to pull it off the pegs. I really wish HT would just implement magnets on the removable parts...I don't get why they don't...

Also the batteries can be frustrating to install since they're tiny pieces and sometimes the batteries magnetize to the mini screwdriver which can be super annoying.

But yeah, that's why it always takes me forever...it's all about not damaging the figure. I wish HT would implement a master switch way of lighting these guys...would make life so much easier!

And don't worry I detected sarcasm the moment I read your first sentence...I'm not some sensitive sap on here! :lol

Well, I own 12 IM/WM Diecast figs at this point...and lemme tell you having as many as I do unfortunately doesn't make adding the batteries any easier. I'd say most of the time is wasted on trying to delicately pry off the panels because the last thing I would ever want is to either snap a piece or chip the paint...as both would really cause my perfectionist collecting OCD to set off.

The thigh panels on the Mk. 85 were a bizzz natch to get off, as a lot of force was needed to pull it off the pegs. I really wish HT would just implement magnets on the removable parts...I don't get why they don't...

Also the batteries can be frustrating to install since they're tiny pieces and sometimes the batteries magnetize to the mini screwdriver which can be super annoying.

But yeah, that's why it always takes me forever...it's all about not damaging the figure. I wish HT would implement a master switch way of lighting these guys...would make life so much easier!

And don't worry I detected sarcasm the moment I read your first sentence...I'm not some sensitive sap on here! :lol

If Howard deemed it worthwhile, every armor would have 1 set of batteries to light up as many LED’s that were used in the MCU design. Not only have other companies shown that it’s possible but even HT’s has done so with the legs & thighs on the Mk. 46/47 but also the forearms on the Mk. 50 & 85.

Nah, fess up G$ - you're just uncoordinated!! No sarcasm here! :rotfl :wave

Meh. The payoff of lighting them up isn?t worth it to me. I?ve got at least 20 armors and I stopped a while ago. Even when I started, I would only turn them on once or twice and be good. Then you?d have to worry about leaving the batteries in the figure because they might burst.

I will say though, I?ve had Hulkbuster for 3 years ... and I?ve been intrigued by the idea since I?ve never done it. Might eventually end up with one of those soap reactor type deals for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was and continues to be one of my favorite jokes!

For years after high school, when my friends and I would go somewhere, whoever got to the door first would turn and ask the rest, "Midvale?" If the reply was, "Midvale" then a pull door was always pushed, regardless of who could see you.

Sure, I’m an overall fan of seeing them lit up which is why I’ve spent money on Soap & Fusion Reactors as well as followed guides to make my own conversion wires but do know that plenty of people don’t care.

Pass. I have 24 armors, ignoring the insane cost of soaping all those that would be the biggest cluster**** of wires ever

Back