Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk visually I think it looks better than the MK7. It just pops better on the shelf. You can tell visitors it?s made of real plated gold and they would believe you lol.

I agree. My one gripe about the diecast Mark VII is that the chest looks way too big, but the diecast Midas hides that better because of the gold finish (though I still see it at times). I loved the first Midas figure and almost pulled the trigger on this because I had a Sideshow coupon that was expiring, but I ultimately held off because I don't have enough of an emotional connection with the figure/design to drop almost $500 on it after tax/shipping, as amazing as the figure looks.

That said, I'll still watch this thread with figure envy.

About time.
82eba043b16aa07b3b9bb5c99e7fd978.jpg

Just opened mine. I was going to wait but I seen on facebook that a lot of them have been arriving with scuffs and scratches so I had to make sure... Luckily mine is flawless. When I finally have my display cases, this will look great next to chrome midas.

Any new unboxing / opinions / pictures? And any issues (scuffs, scratches...) with it? I am still on the fence with this one... I have the chrome version and I doubt if updating it, in spite of the improvement (basically, cost vs improvement (die-cast, better proportions)...). :dunno Thanks!

Any new unboxing / opinions / pictures? And any issues (scuffs, scratches...) with it? I am still on the fence with this one... I have the chrome version and I doubt if updating it, in spite of the improvement (basically, cost vs improvement (die-cast, better proportions)...). :dunno Thanks!

I?ve had mine for a bit now so nothing new to report except that like the 2 previous versions, it is still growing on me every day. Being that I still love plenty of the HPP released armors which were all plastic (aside from Hot Rod), I don?t consider myself a diecast snob as there are still a few plastic armors that occupy my top 10 favorites list. On that list was the original Mk. XXI Midas which was easily routed by this new one and even moved up a few spots. It has a different look than the 2 previous (as you know I?m sure) but is much more similar to the Gold Chrome version with its chrome-ish panels (they don?t look electroplated like the MMS 341 and aren?t nearly as shiny/reflective) and fresh of the assembly line look lacking any scuffs/BD. The armors that were perfectly clean in the past always bugged me because I felt even a new one would have some minor scuffing from assembly, basic testing and pilot entry/exit as well as making them look more realistic but the perfection on this figure totally fits and much more so than MMS 341.

There are a couple improvements over the diecast Mk. VII such as the shoulder missile pods mounting and staying in place much better, legs have not just fallen out at the knees from loose fitment (and I have already used Mk. VII pod parts to make a Mk. XXI-ish pod mode) and the chest RT light seems brighter with fantastic details lit up or not. I mostly feel like 90%+ of the stuff that felt loose on the Mk. VII diecast (I have 2 so I had ruled out a defective Mk. VII) have been corrected and tightened even to the detriment of a feature like the flare pods from the hips; they are so tight that I had thought they just removed them. Some issues like the lower wings that detach too easily still persist like the Mk. VII and the thigh missile armor can be knocked off too easily. And while this is a bit less expensive than the Mk. VII I still believe that that the 4 tiny pieces (2 spent thigh missile panels and 2 ejected shoulder missile pod replacement panels should have been in the box. I?m unaware of the price of this beautifully painted Midas is compared to the Mk. VII but aside from those minor 4 panels, it lacks a headsculpt, laser fists, laser beams, front pod section, pod lasers, pod back battery cover, BD chest, BD shoulder pads and pod mode feet.

Anyways, I still like my 2 previous versions but this is easily the best of the 3 and looks such boss even with other badass IM figures.
2030A889-1EFE-422D-8AD2-8F1EA384BD3B.jpg

I?ve had mine for a bit now so nothing new to report except that like the 2 previous versions, it is still growing on me every day. Being that I still love plenty of the HPP released armors which were all plastic (aside from Hot Rod), I don?t consider myself a diecast snob as there are still a few plastic armors that occupy my top 10 favorites list. On that list was the original Mk. XXI Midas which was easily routed by this new one and even moved up a few spots. It has a different look than the 2 previous (as you know I?m sure) but is much more similar to the Gold Chrome version with its chrome-ish panels (they don?t look electroplated like the MMS 341 and aren?t nearly as shiny/reflective) and fresh of the assembly line look lacking any scuffs/BD. The armors that were perfectly clean in the past always bugged me because I felt even a new one would have some minor scuffing from assembly, basic testing and pilot entry/exit as well as making them look more realistic but the perfection on this figure totally fits and much more so than MMS 341.

There are a couple improvements over the diecast Mk. VII such as the shoulder missile pods mounting and staying in place much better, legs have not just fallen out at the knees from loose fitment (and I have already used Mk. VII pod parts to make a Mk. XXI-ish pod mode) and the chest RT light seems brighter with fantastic details lit up or not. I mostly feel like 90%+ of the stuff that felt loose on the Mk. VII diecast (I have 2 so I had ruled out a defective Mk. VII) have been corrected and tightened even to the detriment of a feature like the flare pods from the hips; they are so tight that I had thought they just removed them. Some issues like the lower wings that detach too easily still persist like the Mk. VII and the thigh missile armor can be knocked off too easily. And while this is a bit less expensive than the Mk. VII I still believe that that the 4 tiny pieces (2 spent thigh missile panels and 2 ejected shoulder missile pod replacement panels should have been in the box. I?m unaware of the price of this beautifully painted Midas is compared to the Mk. VII but aside from those minor 4 panels, it lacks a headsculpt, laser fists, laser beams, front pod section, pod lasers, pod back battery cover, BD chest, BD shoulder pads and pod mode feet.

Anyways, I still like my 2 previous versions but this is easily the best of the 3 and looks such boss even with other badass IM figures.
View attachment 506291

Wooooowww. Thank you!!!!:clap I could not ask for more. What a great review! Now I am seriuosly considering to get it. Thanks!!!!

Got mine in, pretty clean. Its got a couple very faint scuffs on the face and pelvis, got to have the light just right and be very close to see them. Not enough to make a fuss

4Rvgv8F.jpg

Now you see them
48bZ9pC.jpg

Now you dont
8pROGdU.jpg

j87mxjc.jpg

Mine showed up with those exact scuffs.

Jeeze, you guys are freaking me out. I just got finished re-unpacking my Mk. XXVI Gamma, Mk. XXXVI Peacemaker and Mk. XLI Bones Retro Version (which, just like Mk. XV Sneaky Retro Version is the better looking color scheme In my opinion) and am in the process of posing them up until the notification of this thread’s particular comment just continued to gnaw at my brain stuffs. I wanted to keep my 2nd Mk. XXI Midas diecast MISB but the number of people on here and FB reporting paint defects from the SSC stock has got me sweating. I am pausing my triple HPP posing session and going to open up my other Midas to inspect for defects right now. I will report back with findings as well as a couple pictures of Gamma, Peacemaker and Bones posed up together.

Thank you for the stress :gah::panic:

But seriously, when there are so many reports of this particular batch having issues (it honestly sounds like figures were boxed up before paint was properly cured), it would be stupid not to do a quick inspection. :rock:yess::hi5:

Mine showed up with those exact scuffs.

These issues, and the fact that I find in the images the torso to be excessively shiny golden in comparison with the rest of the body, have stopped my decision of purchasing for now. At the same time, and looking to the low number of posts here and that it is not sold out yet through Sideshow and many on-line retailers make me wonder if it will likely go through a discount in a near future (as it happened with IM-Punisher, which I actually reserved at full price and afterwards I have seen how it was discounted... and it remains in-stock and discounted at some places). Of course, there is always a risk that it is suddenly gone... but then HT will come with another reissue (HT has made the transition over the last year from making collector items to just expensive items when deciding to reissue so many old figures... sad to my eyes... but this is a different topic).

These issues, and the fact that I find in the images the torso to be excessively shiny golden in comparison with the rest of the body, have stopped my decision of purchasing for now. At the same time, and looking to the low number of posts here and that it is not sold out yet through Sideshow and many on-line retailers make me wonder if it will likely go through a discount in a near future (as it happened with IM-Punisher, which I actually reserved at full price and afterwards I have seen how it was discounted... and it remains in-stock and discounted at some places). Of course, there is always a risk that it is suddenly gone... but then HT will come with another reissue (HT has made the transition over the last year from making collector items to just expensive items when deciding to reissue so many old figures... sad to my eyes... but this is a different topic).

Yeah I've gotta hunch we'll see discounts for later this Christmas...who knows though!

Back