Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those figures that are nice to look at in photos. Then you have it sitting on your shelf for a while and realize it's meaningless so you eventually sell it off.

Very nice and shiny to look at but I personally don't care to have a $400 gold IM. They did a great job on the various finish and color variation throughout though.

Are you speaking from experience?

This is one of those figures that are nice to look at in photos. Then you have it sitting on your shelf for a while and realize it's meaningless so you eventually sell it off.

Very nice and shiny to look at but I personally don't care to have a $400 gold IM. They did a great job on the various finish and color variation throughout though.

Honestly you could say that about any figure.

I hope it didn?t fall off that cargo container people are taking about.
I saw someone mention something about a cargo container issue over on the Statue Forum but didn't go into detail. If that's true, It's very possible a batch of this IM figure(amongst others) may have been in that container. Kind of explains why sideshow hasn't started shipping them out yet.

I saw someone mention something about a cargo container issue over on the Statue Forum but didn't go into detail. If that's true, It's very possible a batch of this IM figure(amongst others) may have been in that container. Kind of explains why sideshow hasn't started shipping them out yet.

They actually said they lost the statues due to that so i doubt these were lost at sea since they have not said anything. They could have been have been on that ship as the ship turned around and went back. So they would have to unload the ship, remove things from damaged containers and put them in new containers and then reload the ship. Plenty of delays doing all that.

They actually said they lost the statues due to that so i doubt these were lost at sea since they have not said anything. They could have been have been on that ship as the ship turned around and went back. So they would have to unload the ship, remove things from damaged containers and put them in new containers and then reload the ship. Plenty of delays doing all that.
Gotcha. Makes sense.

It was listed as "shipping soon" in a daily update email from sideshow last week. Sit it should be shipping within the nest few weeks

Are you speaking from experience?
Oh yeah. I bought the original Midas and Stealth Mark VII and after some time you just look at it on your shelf and find it as such a pointless addition to your collection. That's just me though. I'm not trying to ***** on others or anything.

Honestly you could say that about any figure.
True. For me though, I like having figures or characters that actually have some sort of meaning or coolness to it outside of "Oh that's a nice looking paintjob". After years of collecting figures, I've gotten to the point where I like to be more selective of what I buy outside of your initial impulsive thought of wanting a figure just because it looks nice. You end up just having a ton of figures on your shelf that are kind of meaningless. It's like going to the grocery store when you're hungry. Everything looks good to you and you impulse buy. I try avoiding that with figures now.

A $400 Mark VII that had 0.5 seconds of screen time isn't exactly a "priority" figure compared to others imo.

I'm not hating on anyone getting this figure or saying there's anything wrong with getting the figure. Was just sharing how I felt that this figure is more of a "filler" figure compared to others. It's a good looking figure.

People spend $1000+ on a Hulkbuster that was in one scene in a movie that people also generally seem to hate, who cares

I have Iron Man and America figures that have zero screen time but are amazing designs. I can completely understand wanting figures that play a large part in films but the details and looks of these figures is what i enjoy the most.

Oh yeah. I bought the original Midas and Stealth Mark VII and after some time you just look at it on your shelf and find it as such a pointless addition to your collection. That's just me though. I'm not trying to ***** on others or anything.

True. For me though, I like having figures or characters that actually have some sort of meaning or coolness to it outside of "Oh that's a nice looking paintjob". After years of collecting figures, I've gotten to the point where I like to be more selective of what I buy outside of your initial impulsive thought of wanting a figure just because it looks nice. You end up just having a ton of figures on your shelf that are kind of meaningless. It's like going to the grocery store when you're hungry. Everything looks good to you and you impulse buy. I try avoiding that with figures now.

A $400 Mark VII that had 0.5 seconds of screen time isn't exactly a "priority" figure compared to others imo.

I'm not hating on anyone getting this figure or saying there's anything wrong with getting the figure. Was just sharing how I felt that this figure is more of a "filler" figure compared to others. It's a good looking figure.

Fair enough and I totally understand where you're coming from...I was in the same boat as you. I laughed that this was a figure when I didn't even recall seeing it in the movie at all...but in figure form that gold is very appealing!

People spend $1000+ on a Hulkbuster that was in one scene in a movie that people also generally seem to hate, who cares

Really? I thought that scene was generally enjoyed by the audience. I certainly liked it.

Really? I thought that scene was generally enjoyed by the audience. I certainly liked it.

I think he's referring to AoU in general, which frankly I've never understood. That movie had great action and introduced great characters (Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ulysses Klaue). It also set up a lot going forward, sowing the seeds of Tony & Cap's conflict in CW, mentioning Wakanda for the first time, establishing Barton's family and, last but not least, introducing the Infinity Stones.

I get your point but at least people could see the Hulkbuster on screen in that scene as opposed to Midas? blink-and-you?ll-miss-it appearance hahaha

That said ... I still might get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's referring to AoU in general, which frankly I've never understood. That movie had great action and introduced great characters (Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ulysses Klaue). It also set up a lot going forward, sowing the seeds of Tony & Cap's conflict in CW, mentioning Wakanda for the first time, establishing Barton's family and, last but not least, introducing the Infinity Stones.

Ah yes, I must have misread that sentence the first time...but yeah, I'm in agreement with you. I had no qualms with the film when I watched in theaters. I was entertained, so therefore I walked away content. :clap

Back