Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like we got a good IM Whiplash fight in Monaco and I really don't think even with armor he was going to be able to take on and have a good fight with IM and WM.

Also he never took into account he'd be fighting two armored suits, he was under the impression it would in fact be he and the War Machine suit against Stark, not the reverse.

Oh and the "Ex-Wife" was pretty funny. "Hammer tech?"

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought Rockwell was brilliant, anyone notice his bright orange tanned palms lol. the only problem i had with the movie was i felt it escalated far too quick, in the first not untill the climax was there more than one suit, and it took everything out of Tony to beat Obadiah and then im not 100% of the time frame but i think a year? theres Vanko with a suit, then the all those drones, war machine was acceptable being orginally MK2. I think there was too many threats for the film to handle so it fell a little flat with the rushed climax.

Hey quick question, when they are taking Stark to see Ivan after the Grand Prix, looked like they were also booking/arresting someone else in the backround, like taking a mugshot of someone. Was that any kind of a referance I missed to another villain or anything.

I've read somewhere, I believe on these boards, that the guy that was mugshotted was Thor. But I have no idea if it actually was :dunno

I just got back from seeing the movie a second time and I really payed attention at that scene, but while the camera stays just long enough to notice the scene, it just doesn't really focus on the guy.
It could be Thor... but then again... it also could be some cameo of a producer or something :huh

If anyone knows for certain, I would like to know too! :D

Yea I noticed the orange palms, bad spray tan or something?

Definately thinking he'll be back for P.3 based on what he said to Pepper.

I've read somewhere, I believe on these boards, that the guy that was mugshotted was Thor. But I have no idea if it actually was :dunno

I just got back from seeing the movie a second time and I really payed attention at that scene, but while the camera stays just long enough to notice the scene, it just doesn't really focus on the guy.
It could be Thor... but then again... it also could be some cameo of a producer or something :huh

If anyone knows for certain, I would like to know too! :D

The only thing I could think of, is maybe its the guy that ended up in the cell with Rourke for the escape?

It was really good. A fantastic comic book movie, indeed.

Cheadle/Rhodes has to go though---that was a wreck. And too many drones. A retarded amount, in fact.

And I'll pray that the comic gods forgive all of these "better than TDK" comments. It was fun sure, and we're all excited...but come on.

The only thing I could think of, is maybe its the guy that ended up in the cell with Rourke for the escape?

It could very well have been... I only read that it was Thor once and I haven't been able to find any proof or confirmation of it whatsoever, so you might be right...

Watchmen and Kick-Ass were both better then TDK.

Not sure bout watchmen there ..but i did love it being a fan of the novel ..kickass was awesome but you cant really compare it to the tdk ..its allot less serious, different kinda film.

Yea I didn't understand some of the critisms, critics should shampoo my crotch.

Who compared the party scene to the bar scene in Spiderman 3? Are you outta your ____ing mind? Not even close.

ACDC was in it what, twice? Whats with all these complaints, I'm really starting to question if some of you didn't just watch that ____ quality russian leak version and just zone out, or even see it at all.

Loved Hogan having a bigger role, Johns a funny guy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Was least impressed by Scarlett, I think Cheadle did fine, I liked Howard Stark's personality being fleshed out and so similar to Tony's. Hammer was interesting, very anxious character. Rourke of course rocks. The end battle was plenty long enough, are people not taking into account all the drones as part of it??? :huh It was like 20 minutes.

Oh and Im a huge fan of Gary Shandling show and Larry Sanders so I enjoyed him as the senator.

Given time this may even surpass the first one for me.

Oh yea, and Whiplash was awesome, I couldn't believe how brutal the fights were, was not expecting that.

Head of nail, meet Deckard the hammer.

The end battle was plenty long enough, are people not taking into account all the drones as part of it??? :huh It was like 20 minutes.

I think its safe 2 say that when people refer to the final battle being to short they are talking about the actual battle with whiplash and not the drones part.
Its the battle with the main villain that counts and this one really disappointed me .. definitely one of the films worst points imo.

If you want to compare Iron Man to TDK, I can compare Kick-Ass to TDK.

Firstly ..tu shea :wink1:

But i see kickass as more a comedy, as a sort of parody of superheros ..so i wouldn't compare it myself 2 the like of actual superhero movies like ironman or batman ..but that said kickass has some serious moments, that film was one of my favorite films this year next to shutter island:rock2

I think its safe 2 say that when people refer to the final battle being to short they are talking about the actual battle with whiplash and not the drones part.
Its the battle with the main villain that counts and this one really disappointed me .. definitely one of the films worst points imo.

But Ivan is controlling the drones more or less, I see it as he was participating in that entire battle. They are an extension of him.

I mean really, Tony fought War Machine, the Drones, AND Whiplash all in the finale, that trumps just Iron Monger in my mind.

And obviously, his time to shine was really at the Grand Prix.

Back