Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
No, my ex-girlfriend had much acceptance for my hobby.
I could even borrow money from her, when I wanted a figure and she really was interested. The reason for the split is way more complicated.

Another Chick huh? :slap

I hate when they run off with other women and don't bother to try a threesome. :nana:

The reason for the split is way more complicated.

My dear Timo, complicate things is typically womanly! :lecture

From there to conclude that men are less evolved than their other halves ... There is only one step!

... So just imagine the ordeal to a bear... hehe :lol

Darwin must certainly laugh?...

That one was rude.
:(

No, my ex-girlfriend had much acceptance for my hobby.
I could even borrow money from her, when I wanted a figure and she really was interested. The reason for the split is way more complicated.

I was totally joking bro. That was not meant to be mean at all. I apologize.

Anyway back to the subject before I totally detailed it. I hope I can get this one on the cheap. Any ideas as to where the best place to get this for a low price?

Do not worry. EndoSickness is endowed the second degree to be able to differentiate a pointless verbal aggression and a sarcastic joke. Moreover, given its smiley, it is clear that Timo was joking too. :wink1:

With regard to find an appropriate dealer, it already depends on where you live (in terms of postage and currency).

So just to be clear, this version comes with an updated Cheadle sculpt? Are HT only remaking MK2 along with MK1?

So far it's only Mark II and Mark I being remade for the Iron Man line. However, I would not be surprised if they make another updated version of the Mark III as well.

So far it's only Mark II and Mark I being remade for the Iron Man line. However, I would not be surprised if they make another updated version of the Mark III as well.

I keep hoping as it's my favorite armor design and the original is surprisingly outdated. I'm also interested to see what the final release of the new Mark II looks like. They said way back when that the mech-test boots where just placeholders and that the final figure would have different lower legs. So at least that will be different. I'm hoping for some other minor changes and maybe even ab articulation but will be happy with it more or less as pictured.

Looking forward to having a worthy Iron Man collection consisting of the new Mark I, new Mark II, Mark IV and Iron Monger!

Last edited:
I keep hoping as it's my favorite armor design and the original is surprisingly outdated. I'm also interested to see what the final release of the new Mark II looks like. They said way back when that the mech-test boots where just placeholders and that the final figure would have different lower legs. So at least that will be different. I'm hoping for some other minor changes and maybe even ab articulation but will be happy with it more or less as pictured.

The stealth Iron man Mark 3 is sort of that. It's the new mark 2 unleashed sculpt but with out the metal bolts that mark 2 has and its in that blue shade. Mark 3 battle damage is need of updating it looks the worst one out of all of them. I would like to get one but when you compare it to this newer mold its very out dated. The waist was my biggest let down it looked to skinny regular mark 3 was fine.

They already did with the BD version, which had the clean armour too :lecture

They'll do them all again at some point.

This remake is still not definitive as it isn't chromed, they'll probably save that for the 'Hall of Armour Anniversary series' figures in the future :slap

This remake is still not definitive as it isn't chromed, they'll probably save that for the 'Hall of Armour Anniversary series' figures in the future :slap

So why say this? :mad:

"Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark II with part of the armors unleashed in the movie Iron Man 2"

I loved the Mark II more than any other version just bcuz of the bling-bling chrome. C'mon HT, is that too difficult or am I missing something here? :pfft:

Cheers,
Neo.

They already did with the BD version, which had the clean armour too :lecture

They'll do them all again at some point.

Yeah, I know they made the BD version with the clean armor swap out pieces, but I'd say he's a character that might very likely be made a third time on an updated armor mold so he meshes better with the new releases like Armor Unleashed Mark II and the Iron Man 2 armors. He's already outdated compared to the newer ones. In fact, I think he needs an update more than Mark I does.

All is cool, Jedijim.
Our dear Baloo already translated right, but thx anyway for the apology, buddy.
:1-1:
Last on this subject, for answering Baloo:
Open any enzyclopedia, Thierry and you'll find a picture of a women right beside the description of the word "complicated", right?
But once in a while there are comin' a few chicks and that set the standard for a complicated relationship way, WAY higher, by adding a syndrome which is called borderline.
You heard about that?

Btt:
I'll definatly get a few of the remakes and also contemplating on getting Mark VI, it kinda grows on me and V is naturally beyond awesome.
So apparently I'm getting all except III, cause it doesn't get to me on any level, dunno why?!
Maybe that changes with it's remake, but II AU...that thing...is beyond cool.
But next on my list is Thor...oh...question on that subject:

That will be pretty hard combining the IM line with the Avenger.
3 possibilities:
All Marks together, Avengers minus Iron Man.
Complete Avengers, Marks minus VI.
Or getting 2 Mark VI for having both 2gether, right?

Borderline?... Borderline!...Who is not these days? ... In this crazy world! :rotfl

:lecture Solution #3 for me (ie, 2 MK6) would be cool, Timo!

So why say this? :mad:

"Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark II with part of the armors unleashed in the movie Iron Man 2"

I loved the Mark II more than any other version just bcuz of the bling-bling chrome. C'mon HT, is that too difficult or am I missing something here? :pfft:

Cheers,
Neo.

Unless I'm mistaken, I have never seen a toy utilize chrome on any flexible/rubber or vinyl type of plastic. The physical properties of chroming makes that impossible. Chrome needs to be utilized on hard shell like plastic or else it will crack all over. Unless HT subs out all the soft armor for hard plastic, a chrome mark suit is probably not going to happen.

And even if they were to chrome a figure completely somehow, I can see the can of worms this would open up for a n a l collectors complaining of pinhole size chips and scratches and wanting to send their figures back for replacements. I doubt they would ever want to deal with that nightmare.

Unless I'm mistaken, I have never seen a toy utilize chrome on any flexible/rubber or vinyl type of plastic. The physical properties of chroming makes that impossible. Chrome needs to be utilized on hard shell like plastic or else it will crack all over. Unless HT subs out all the soft armor for hard plastic, a chrome mark suit is probably not going to happen.

And even if they were to chrome a figure completely somehow, I can see the can of worms this would open up for a n a l collectors complaining of pinhole size chips and scratches and wanting to send their figures back for replacements. I doubt they would ever want to deal with that nightmare.

Nah, It can easily be done.

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

More pictures here

Hot Toys is just a sad excuse of a company. Claims their figures are "authentic and detailed" yet they can't even get the paint job done right.

Back